A fall from grace the Todd L story

Scorp you're better then this... the dude sucked. Todd sucked... that era destroyed the Carver crowd.... Seriously freakn bball school Iowa to motha fricken NAIA... My alma matta's level... He destroyed us and set us back years. Make Fran's efforts all the more impressive

my favorite part of vid was the grey haired guy standing and clapping his arse off for LL, prob only time he stood at Carver

There are those who have failed to notice the potential of Little Lick......

Trevon Hughes noticed

785338.jpg

My only hope is that Todd Licker will fail at Marion. I would wish the guy success and farewell if he would only come out and be accountable for his HORRIBLE PERFORMANCE and FAILURE at Iowa.

It's Ok to say you are in over your head, admit it... he never did and took the money after burying the program, most of the kids he recruited and BB in general.

Then we hear through back channels the guy didn't havd a chance and enough time... sheesh

btw where are all thos great assistant coaches he had on staff doing these days?

In a 2 on 1 fast break, the ball handler should make the defensive player get close enough to make contact with him before passing the ball. If the defensive players doesn't get that close, shoot the layup yourself. When the defensive player gets that close, make a pass to your teammates chest so that it minimizes the time and space between the player catching the ball and the ball being at the rim. And it wasn't an assist because the layup was missed upon May being fouled. If Lil' Lick draws the defender in tighter, it probably leads to a different result.

In theory, sure.

But the defender was playing the pass. Watch the video: had Lick passed one step later he'd have no angle to May and it'd be picked off. Had he taken the layup himself, that ball would still be embedded in the hardwood today, from the epic facial.

My only hope is that Todd Licker will fail at Marion. I would wish the guy success and farewell if he would only come out and be accountable for his HORRIBLE PERFORMANCE and FAILURE at Iowa.

It's Ok to say you are in over your head, admit it... he never did and took the money after burying the program, most of the kids he recruited and BB in general.

Then we hear through back channels the guy didn't havd a chance and enough time... sheesh

btw where are all thos great assistant coaches he had on staff doing these days?

Who are these "back channels" so I can make a note to ignore them forever?

I'm moderately inclined to agree with you. It was pretty obvious by year 2 he was not a fit for a Big Ten program: continued losing seasons, 8th and 10th place finishes in the conference, players transferring, recruits de-committing, CHA attendance falling like a rock. Year 3 only continued the bleeding, figuratively and literally. Perhaps due to the stress of the job, he had to undergo a procedure to repair a tear in his carotid artery and missed three games. Iowa finished 10-22 and 4-14 in the league, giving him a three-year record of 38-57, including 15-39 in the conference. His tenure included suffering the indignity of having his son mocked -- even in the media -- for his play in a conference where he was a boy among men because no other players were available.

Instead of resigning with honor and moving to an opportunity more appropriate to his skill and experience, Lick pressed on and seemed to be genuinely surprised, and angered, when Barta made the rare move (at Iowa, at least) of firing the head coach of a major revenue program. For Lick, the honor and respect for the game -- and program -- he was hired to coach was replaced by his greed at insisting on receiving the significant severance and buyout that had been included in his contract.

Bottom line: glad he's gone. Wish nothing good for him for the damage he did to a once proud Iowa basketball program.

(Merry Christmas to you, too, Stevie Hair-Do.)

I always felt a little bit bad for lil Lick. It wasn't his fault his dad didn't recruit another point guard.

He clearly should not have gotten any meaningful minutes at a D1 school, he was a grey-teamer at best. But what should he have done, refuse to play when his coach sent him into the game?

I always felt a little bit bad for lil Lick. It wasn't his fault his dad didn't recruit another point guard.

He clearly should not have gotten any meaningful minutes at a D1 school, he was a grey-teamer at best. But what should he have done, refuse to play when his coach sent him into the game?

It was all on the old man and his lack of player-retention and recruiting. I was among those who felt the Lil Lick hit piece the Dez Monez sports hack did on him was wrong and mis-directed.

I'm moderately inclined to agree with you. It was pretty obvious by year 2 he was not a fit for a Big Ten program: continued losing seasons, 8th and 10th place finishes in the conference, players transferring, recruits de-committing, CHA attendance falling like a rock. Year 3 only continued the bleeding, figuratively and literally. Perhaps due to the stress of the job, he had to undergo a procedure to repair a tear in his carotid artery and missed three games. Iowa finished 10-22 and 4-14 in the league, giving him a three-year record of 38-57, including 15-39 in the conference. His tenure included suffering the indignity of having his son mocked -- even in the media -- for his play in a conference where he was a boy among men because no other players were available.

Instead of resigning with honor and moving to an opportunity more appropriate to his skill and experience, Lick pressed on and seemed to be genuinely surprised, and angered, when Barta made the rare move (at Iowa, at least) of firing the head coach of a major revenue program. For Lick, the honor and respect for the game -- and program -- he was hired to coach was replaced by his greed at insisting on receiving the significant severance and buyout that had been included in his contract.

Bottom line: glad he's gone. Wish nothing good for him for the damage he did to a once proud Iowa basketball program.

Good summary but for the bolded part. What coach would walk away from a contracted severance/buyout? It's not "greed", anything else would be idiotic.

I somehow miss those cold, blustery nights, in mid December, where 2500 people showed up (no students), CHA was giving away free soda and $1 hot dogs, then we die-hard's would settle in for a 56-49 loss to (fill in the blank), as lil-lick played 25+ minutes.

Ah yes, the glory days. Buy a ticket on the street for 1 dollar, grab a cone, put your feet up on the seat in front of you and take in some Iowa hoops

First paragraph was good. Second paragraph makes no sense.

Good summary but for the bolded part. What coach would walk away from a contracted severance/buyout? It's not "greed", anything else would be idiotic.

Oh, I know, his agent negotiated the contract and Barta signed it. He would be a fool to not subject himselt to the embarrassment of firing for that payday. The point is it clearly wasn't working. He owed it to himself, and to basketball, to resign.

Latest posts