A Buckeye friend of mine just said, "This is the first time I have ever said this...

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
... but I am rooting for Iowa against Ohio State."

He likes Iowa's chances to go 12-0 and would love for a Big Ten team to go undefeated. I think he's as sick of the national media's dig on the Hawks and Big Ten in general.

This is a guy who played D-1 college football and is a lifelong Buckeye fan. I still think when the game rolls around he'll be pulling for OSU, but I thought it was interesting that a guy like him would say something like that in all sincerity.

Re: A Buckeye friend of mine just said, "This is the first time I have ever said this

Nice.....hey stormin' - how do i get an avatar on my profile?

Re: A Buckeye friend of mine just said, "This is the first time I have ever said this

Wow...I don't think if the roles were reversed I would ever say the same

Isn't there a rule that HN mods aren't allowed to associate with OSU fans?

Actually I'm seeing this kind of thing myself. My boss who is a huge Gopher fan has admitted to me he is pulling for Iowa the rest of the season.

It feels good to be the bandwagon everyone is hopping on...

Good stuff spank. My boss and receptionist are both Buckeyes. I'm going to try to sell them on this logic from now until the game.

I think that that is the general feeling of most of the Big Ten fans. The espin promotion, until recent, of the SEC and U$C has just ****** people off. The constant bashing of the Big Ten and Iowa has gotten downright silly.

Most fans, myself included, would love to see THIS Iowa team play the SEC, Texas, or USC in a bowl game to put any doubt away that they can't play against that competition.

I agree with Jon. I wouldn't wish another team success until after we've played them.

Wouldn't this be the same as us cheering for Penn State last year?

The Big Ten needs both Iowa and Penn St. to finish with no more than one loss each. I like how these two teams would match up with anyone in the country, and I could see them both winning their BCS bowls. Couple that with Oh. St. dropping down to a favorable matchup in the Capitol One or Outback, and you could see the Big Ten going 6-2 or something in bowls this year, which would be huge for the conference.

Seriously? I could never route for another team against the Hawkeyes. Can't even imagine it under any circumstances.

I think that that is the general feeling of most of the Big Ten fans. The espin promotion, until recent, of the SEC and U$C has just ****** people off. The constant bashing of the Big Ten and Iowa has gotten downright silly.

Most fans, myself included, would love to see THIS Iowa team play the SEC, Texas, or USC in a bowl game to put any doubt away that they can't play against that competition.

I agree with Jon. I wouldn't wish another team success until after we've played them.

Did anyone else watch that show on ESPNU "Coaches Spotlight" or something the other night? Can't remember who the idiots were flappin their jaws behind that desk, but one of them was really insulting. He was talking about the top three BCS teams, then mentioned Boise St. and Cinci....when asked "What about Iowa?" he shrugged his shoulders, smirked, and said "Don't even get me started on Iowa." then the other puppet chimed in with "Yea, he could go a whole segment on Iowa."

Later in the broadcast they were showing big hits from the past week. Of course, they had to show the Sandeman hit. The first guy who said "don't get me started..." then made commentary while they showed the hit and said "Lay down, boy!". I thought that was VERY over the edge, especially since it was clearly helmet to helmet and Sandeman was hurt, possibly severely.

I'm almost with a lot of you, I want to stop watching ESPN but not sure where I will get my fill of sports news.

one of my best friends is a michigan fan (*******) and he's rooting for iowa for the simple fact that if iowa goes 12-0 he wants to see how what kind of respect the big ten gets then.(if iowa doesn't get NC game)

The winged beast peers deep into the soul of his foe...with a deafening scream he stuns his pray. Razor sharp talons fully extended...another kill looms just in the distance. The fearsome hawk strikes with lightening speed...claiming yet another victory…

Go Hawks…go freaking hawks.

Last edited:

Doesn't sound like the most loyal fan.

Latest posts