93-17

Very good take on it. I was thinking of it myself last nite that in the 3 losses the offense scored once in each game. That is really poor in this day and age. Heck yesterday Okie ST had a poor offensive outing with turnovers and failed opportunities but they scored 4 times.

Very good take on it. I was thinking of it myself last nite that in the 3 losses the offense scored once in each game. That is really poor in this day and age. Heck yesterday Okie ST had a poor offensive outing with turnovers and failed opportunities but they scored 4 times.
Pluck any team from the Big 12 not named Oklahoma and place them in the B1G or SEC and see how they do. Oh wait, we already had that experiment. Missouri probably fared better than Nebraska.

Combined score of Iowa’s 3 losses. I mean…WTF:mad:
When you want to play D and field position and you can't score it will snowball. No "O" gives them the ball back real quick to score again. "D" on the field too much gets injured more and tired out leading to more late scores and widening final scores.

I know the KF model is to have some offense and do the chew up the clock with dozen play long drives with shorter gains thus winning time of possession, lowering the opponents possessions, and also trying to pin them deep and need longer drives themselves to chew up even more clock. That many 3 and outs and that house of cards falls down.

He is an older man now. Just have some fun. Get some offense so people will excited to come here and his successor will be able to recruit to a place more players will like to come. Heaven forbid they, as most teams do, find themselves in a shootout they can compete more. Can't teach an old dog new tricks I guess. Kirk must have had a near stroke with that Michigan hail mary at the end of the half. :eek:

When you want to play D and field position and you can't score it will snowball. No "O" gives them the ball back real quick to score again. "D" on the field too much gets injured more and tired out leading to more late scores and widening final scores.

I know the KF model is to have some offense and do the chew up the clock with dozen play long drives with shorter gains thus winning time of possession, lowering the opponents possessions, and also trying to pin them deep and need longer drives themselves to chew up even more clock. That many 3 and outs and that house of cards falls down.

He is an older man now. Just have some fun. Get some offense so people will excited to come here and his successor will be able to recruit to a place more players will like to come. Heaven forbid they, as most teams do, find themselves in a shootout they can compete more. Can't teach an old dog new tricks I guess. Kirk must have had a near stroke with that Michigan hail mary at the end of the half. :eek:

lol, Joe Brady needs a job. He ain't coming to Iowa to resurrect his career. I'm just having fun with it.:)

The only hope we have whatsoever is that Brian leaves for a different gig and they move someone up, that someone being Woods.

When did I say any of that? I have not advocated for Kirk to be fired.

How can you look at our offense and honestly think everything is fine, no changes needed at all?

Any other OC in the country would be fired if he had BF’s numbers as OC, that’s a fact.
His numbers aren't that different from the guys who preceded him. https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com...kirk-biran-ferentz-ken-okeefe-greg-davis-bhgp

This year was really, really bad, and that's on the O Line. Is that on Kirk, the players, the OL Coach, Brian? I don't know. But other than this year, I see no evidence that Brian's performance has been demonstrably different than KOK's later career or Davis. Why would that be? I postulate that it's because Kirk gives some firm boundaries, and that has resulted in very similar results.

Why does every call for change on this forum nearly always elicit the same "Nebraska!" response from a couple posters on here?

I would counter with "MIchigan!"
Harbaugh shook up his staff and won a B10 championship (kicking our ass in the process).

Not every change is for the worst....

Why does every call for change on this forum nearly always elicit the same "Nebraska!" response from a couple posters on here?

I would counter with "MIchigan!"
Harbaugh shook up his staff and won a B10 championship (kicking our ass in the process).

Not every change is for the worst....
It took him five years and near firing to do that, with much better recruiting classes every single year, but you might note that in a different thread I specifically mentioned Michigan and Nebraska as potential outcome of a coaching change in a different thread. If you think Michigan is a more likely outcome than Nebraska, I want some of whatever you're smoking. Maybe they hit it out of the park. But in today's college football landscape, I am not so sure. There is less parity than ever.
Your premise is false.

View attachment 8450
No, it isn't. Fancy data visualization though.

It took him five years and near firing to do that, with much better recruiting classes every single year, but you might note that in a different thread I specifically mentioned Michigan and Nebraska as potential outcome of a coaching change in a different thread. If you think Michigan is a more likely outcome than Nebraska, I want some of whatever you're smoking. Maybe they hit it out of the park. But in today's college football landscape, I am not so sure. There is less parity than ever.

No, it isn't. Fancy data visualization though.
Impressive defense of your disproven subjective opinion.

Impressive defense of your disproven subjective opinion.
If you want to engage in conversation, say something to make sense of you graph, you don't just post a data visualization and just drop the mic. Justify your argument. I left an article with data that you didn't care to respond to, you just pasted a screenshot.

Latest posts