9-3 Book It!

BlindDogScooter

Rationale...

Highest rated returning O line in the country + Two... TWO... stellar running backs (with a very strong looking third) both of whom can double as receivers out of the backfield to keep opposing Ds from stacking the box.. The running game is beyond solid and actually bleeds over to shore up the passing game.

Excellent returning receiver plus the aforementioned backs who can catch passes in space. One or more of the young guys will surprise. Tight ends... it's Iowa... what do you think? Noah Fant looked very good when on the field last year. Again... stellar O line will solidify the passing game.

Defense... one of the best LB corps in the nation. D line will be better than OK... not great, perhaps, but better than OK. Defensive ends... are you kidding me? Embarrassment of riches at that position. D backs... Manny Rugumba was very impressive last year... will only get better. The rest of the D doesn't worry me.... they're good enough.

The wild card of course... QB. I don't think anyone will be surprised when we learn that it's Nate. Some experience. Great size. I think with the O line and the running backs he just has to not suck... and I don't see sucking anywhere in his future. The real wild card here that I think many aren;t considering is Ken O'Keefe. I don't care what anyone thought about his ability as the Offensive Coordinator... I believe he's a STELLAR QB coach and that's all he has to focus on. He will have Nate more than ready.

Add in the occasional new wrinkle that BF is certain to bring on offense and I think 9-3 is very possible.

Made a bet for a beer this weekend that the hawks would have 9 wins at the end of the year, I get the bowl game also. Not sure why but feeling better goin into this year then I have in a long time

Made a bet for a beer this weekend that the hawks would have 9 wins at the end of the year, I get the bowl game also. Not sure why but feeling better goin into this year then I have in a long time
If you get the bowl game, you can't only have 3 loses. You are saying 8-4 with the bowl game to get to 9. Can I book the 3 loses?

We went 10-2 and won the Cap-1 bowl in 04 with a first year QB and no RBs. Finished #8 in the nation. All is not lost in 2017!

Yes, the offensive line has some accolades but its only for run blocking based off last year. The OL ability to pass block is the key whether this team is chasing 9+ wins or closer to 6 wins. Stanley's play enters the equation also but Stanley will not come in better than CJ and this OL made his QB play look very average last year(even if some it had to do with injury).

Ditto. Have a quiet optimism I haven't had in a while

I think the passing game is going to click way sooner than expected

I can see 6 wins. Wyoming, ISU, NTexas, Illinois, Pudue, Minnesota.

Shot to win; Nebraska, Wisconsin and Michigan State.

Northwestern, Penn State and Ohio State are going to be tough.

Yup. 9 wins possible. I think Iowa will be better than many expect. How much better is the question. Its a new team and so much depends on the team attitude. We have been here before.

Latest posts