80% of you don't know football

Don't like. Also don't like 7-5, but would gladly take it this year. Not a good sign. We're headed in the wrong direction. At least we send a lot of players to the NFL!!!!

This. I was thinking last night, "Man, I would be ECSTATIC with 7-5, and would 'accept' 6-6".

For a KF fan/supporter like myself, even I can see there is some disconnect.

Now, as to new coaches, system, etc., I get that. But I ALSO get that, if I am Jerry Kill, this Saturday I tell the captains, "If we win the toss, defer. Kickoff team, you know what to do". That's not good.

Obviously. It's not.

Otherwise ther would need to be about 60 bowl games.

For a BCS conference school that ranks #15 in athletic department revenue, has some of the best facilities in the country, that play 3 out of 4 non-cons against pi$$ poor teams.....yeah, 7 wins should be cake.

For a BCS conference school that ranks #15 in athletic department revenue, has some of the best facilities in the country, that play 3 out of 4 non-cons against pi$$ poor teams.....yeah, 7 wins should be cake.

You have your opinion, I disagree... the world goes on. I will not debate you as I have seen that it is impossible to get you to see anything other than your side, which is fine. Just understand that most of what you post here is, and is only, just your opinion.

7 wins may be cake if you are a perennial, historic, consistent power in football...Iowa has never been that, unless of course you ask the REAL fans, who post on a random message board.

See sig...still true today...regardless of what you wish

Yet even teams like Texas and Alabama can't accomplish it every year.

Im not sure anyone has said something this stupid on HN before. Seriously, anyone who honestly.claims its easy to win seven games at Iowa needs to be removed from the gene pool so his seed cannot contaminate the rest of the world. Or at the very least perma bammed. Thats just stupid...

Your out of your mind. Look at the out of conference schedule and how bad the conference is. We play Minnesota, NW and Purdue every year. Add in two mac teams a 1aa and ISU.

I didn't even say have a winning record in the big ten.

Honestly if you think there are allot of potential coaches out there that couldn't get to seven wins with regularity your delusional.

Its not any sort of an accomplishment to win 7 games against that schedule.

I am not happy to lose. I want Kirk as our coach. I watched the teams of jerry burns, Ray Nagel, Fran Lauterbur and Bob Cumming. That my friends was brutal. Kirk will get it back on track. We need more players and some playmakers. help is on the way, I am convinced.

ToothGuy

How do you know another coach wouldn't have done better here? Please cite specific examples and you must use wikipedia at least twice.

GO.

Yatzee....

Not sure how that's "Yatzee" as I never said anything about EVERY year....but keep taking things out of context.

And the last I looked, when Texas FINALLY didn't win at least 7 games, they fired their longtime offensive coordinator because they don't settle for $hit like that. Same with Alabama, they ditched Mike Shula when he didn't cut it. All you guys did was prove my point. 7 wins is freaking easy and the programs that understand that fire their coaches when they don't hit that mark....they don't reward them with lifetime contracts.

Im not sure anyone has said something this stupid on HN before. Seriously, anyone who honestly.claims its easy to win seven games at Iowa needs to be removed from the gene pool so his seed cannot contaminate the rest of the world. Or at the very least perma bammed. Thats just stupid...

Is Basabe still on track to go pro early this year?

That would represent the group on here that thinks KF should be gone. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have done the things we have over the last 10 years. Until the ship goes down - ie: consecutive losing seasons, relax. The guy knows what he's doing. We aren't good TODAY, I get that. But he is one of the best coaches around, period.

Might I remind you, we have 1, I repeat, 1 NCAA tourney victory since Tom Davis left. It was a very bad decision then just like replacing KF would be now.

I'm not entirely sure why you are mixing IOWA bball with IOWA Football but lets call a spade a spade the handling of Tom Davis and the subsequent hire of Lickliter are THE darkest days of Hawkeye bball maybe EVER! I'm not ready to pull the plug on Ferentz but continued gaffs from the coaching staff lead me to believe, as I've stated on here in prior posts, that this is alllll to much like the demise of the FRY era. We are definitely on the decline and likely NOT bowl bound this year. I can't find a guaranteed win on the remaining schedule. Let me ask you this when we finish 4-8 this year and maybe not much better the following year will the kool-aid drinking masses like you be ready to call a spade a spade...I doubt it.

I am not happy to lose. I want Kirk as our coach. I watched the teams of jerry burns, Ray Nagel, Fran Lauterbur and Bob Cumming. That my friends was brutal. Kirk will get it back on track. We need more players and some playmakers. help is on the way, I am convinced.

ToothGuy

You are NOT going to get the players you need without W's my friend that's a fact! So bad will get worse before it gets better

I'm not entirely sure why you are mixing IOWA bball with IOWA Football but lets call a spade a spade the handling of Tom Davis and the subsequent hire of Lickliter are THE darkest days of Hawkeye bball maybe EVER! I'm not ready to pull the plug on Ferentz but continued gaffs from the coaching staff lead me to believe, as I've stated on here in prior posts, that this is alllll to much like the demise of the FRY era. We are definitely on the decline and likely NOT bowl bound this year. I can't find a guaranteed win on the remaining schedule. Let me ask you this when we finish 4-8 this year and maybe not much better the following year will the kool-aid drinking masses like you be ready to call a spade a spade...I doubt it.

Mixing BBall and FBall is quite relevant. In the fact that we have a QUALITY head coach. The lynch mob is a bit too much. Saturday sucked. Losing to Western Michigan, Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota, etc. etc. sucks. The grass is always greener on the other side - until you have to mow it. That's how it's relevant. Sweet 16 and then 1 NCAA win since. Kirk will turn it around. You watch. He has EARNED fan support.

Latest posts