80% of you don't know football

NEHawkeye

That would represent the group on here that thinks KF should be gone. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have done the things we have over the last 10 years. Until the ship goes down - ie: consecutive losing seasons, relax. The guy knows what he's doing. We aren't good TODAY, I get that. But he is one of the best coaches around, period.

Might I remind you, we have 1, I repeat, 1 NCAA tourney victory since Tom Davis left. It was a very bad decision then just like replacing KF would be now.

That would represent the group on here that thinks KF should be gone. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have done the things we have over the last 10 years. Until the ship goes down - ie: consecutive losing seasons, relax. The guy knows what he's doing. We aren't good TODAY, I get that. But he is one of the best coaches around, period.

Might I remind you, we have 1, I repeat, 1 NCAA tourney victory since Tom Davis left. It was a very bad decision then just like replacing KF would be now.

How do you know another coach wouldn't have done better here? Please cite specific examples and you must use wikipedia at least twice.

GO.

I'm trying to figure out which percentage you fall into, nevermind I already know.

Sorry, but for every Tom Davis --- Steve Alford transition, there is at least one Lickliter --- McCaffery.

Maybe richRod should still be coaching at Michigan too.

Or maybe Florida should have never got rid of the Zooker for Urban Meyer, since it got them nowhere.

1. I don't see many, if any, who claim he doesn't know what he's doing. But knowing what you are doing and being able to effectively communicate that to your players is another thing entirely. I mean, how many botched onside kicks, fake punts, end of half and end of game clock management issues, timeout usage, etc do we have to see to legitimately question how that knowledge and information is being passed from coach to player?

2. I like how you selectively use the last 10 years to prove your point. Why not use the last 4? The last 7? The entire body of work? Oh wait, because using last 10 gives you the most ammunition for your point. Okay, let's use last 10 years and apply trends to that number. Here are the win totals, in order from oldest to most recent: 11, 10, 10, 7, 7, 6, 8, 11, 8, 7. So we had a 3 year run between '02 and '04 and an outlier in '09. Other than that, it's been 6, 7 or 8 win seasons. In addition, unless a miracle occurs, we are looking at 6 wins at best this year. That will mean that the last 4 years will have gone from 11 wins, to 8, to 7 to 6. Oh, and after this year, it will have been 8 years since our last B1G title.

3. Basketball coaching changes have nothing to do with football coaching changes. Nor does one coaching change somewhere have a direct correlation to a coaching change somewhere else. For every Davis to Alford change, there's been a Dick Schultz to Lute Olson coaching change. For every Davis to Alford coaching change, there's been a Lickliter to McCaffrey coaching change. For every Davis to Alford coaching change there's been a Ron Zook to Urban Meyer coaching change. You know, it must suck to live your life in fear all the time and be afraid of change. Iowa football was good/occassionally great before Ferentz arrived and it will continue to be good/occassionally great after he's gone. We have unlimited resources, fantastic facilities, a solid conference affiliation and some of the best fans in the country. There would be loads of coaches....good coaches.....with the passion, drive and desire to coach the Hawks. Regardless of what the purveyor of this site says, we ain't just the little ol' Hawks.

Only a complete NUT would say that Iowa played worth a DAMN on Saturday! They know it! The coach knows it! MORE than 80% of the fans KNOW it! Look, Capt. Kirk WILL get things in order, but this WAS a wake up call! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!
alarm_clock_10.gif

80% of people on here don't know football? We must have a lot more of the staff lurking on here than I ever imagined.:rolleyes:

Don't like. Also don't like 7-5, but would gladly take it this year. Not a good sign. We're headed in the wrong direction. At least we send a lot of players to the NFL!!!!

80% of you don't know what the most southern state in the us is (Without google).

This is fun what else do 80% of HN members not know?

2. I like how you selectively use the last 10 years to prove your point. Why not use the last 4? The last 7? The entire body of work? Oh wait, because using last 10 gives you the most ammunition for your point. Okay, let's use last 10 years and apply trends to that number. Here are the win totals, in order from oldest to most recent: 11, 10, 10, 7, 7, 6, 8, 11, 8, 7. So we had a 3 year run between '02 and '04 and an outlier in '09. Other than that, it's been 6, 7 or 8 win seasons. In addition, unless a miracle occurs, we are looking at 6 wins at best this year. That will mean that the last 4 years will have gone from 11 wins, to 8, to 7 to 6. Oh, and after this year, it will have been 8 years since our last B1G title.

Let's compare it to say, the cornhuskers. Remember that one. Callahan from the Raiders. He sucked and so did they for an extended period of time. I'll take a few down years in favor of the risk.

1. I don't see many, if any, who claim he doesn't know what he's doing. But knowing what you are doing and being able to effectively communicate that to your players is another thing entirely. I mean, how many botched onside kicks, fake punts, end of half and end of game clock management issues, timeout usage, etc do we have to see to legitimately question how that knowledge and information is being passed from coach to player?

3. Basketball coaching changes have nothing to do with football coaching changes. Nor does one coaching change somewhere have a direct correlation to a coaching change somewhere else. For every Davis to Alford change, there's been a Dick Schultz to Lute Olson coaching change. For every Davis to Alford coaching change, there's been a Lickliter to McCaffrey coaching change. For every Davis to Alford coaching change there's been a Ron Zook to Urban Meyer coaching change. You know, it must suck to live your life in fear all the time and be afraid of change. Iowa football was good/occassionally great before Ferentz arrived and it will continue to be good/occassionally great after he's gone. We have unlimited resources, fantastic facilities, a solid conference affiliation and some of the best fans in the country. There would be loads of coaches....good coaches.....with the passion, drive and desire to coach the Hawks. Regardless of what the purveyor of this site says, we ain't just the little ol' Hawks.

The reoccurring confusion on special teams, offensive blitz pick up, and poor clock management at the end of games is hard to ignore for %80 of fans.

Those are generally accepted as a sign of poor coaching and all you have to do is watch any Saturday of college football to see that most teams, talented or not don't generally have these issues on a consistent basis.

Iowa has had these issues now for ten years. Players have changed and now coordinators have changes and we still have the confusion of what to do in crunch time and its getting worse.

Most of these strategical in game problems would generally fall under the responsibilities of the head coach.

Last edited:
How do you know another coach wouldn't have done better here? Please cite specific examples and you must use wikipedia at least twice.

GO.
Bill Callahan - Nebraska / Tommy Tubberville (sp?) - Texas Tech / Rich Rodriguez - Michigan / Charlie Weiss - Notre Dame / Need any more ?

Latest posts