8 weeks until kickoff...

Never tried one before, but I just learned 7-11 has a product called "Game Day Beer". Will (obviously) have to give that a try at some point!

Otherwise, beer for early seaon, then Snowshoe Grog (Brandy and Schnapps mix) for the cooler weather. And of course, add in some mixed drinks! And what's a tailgate among friends if a round of shots (pick-your-own) isn't done?!

Beer: anything blue-collar and/or cold. Micro, craft and
imports are definitely "post-game"
Grog: Brand(s) do(es) not matter

Wine: Post-game only, please. With a good meal.

Wine Coolers: NEVER, tailgate, game day or otherwise

I make up Bloody Mary's the night before but I've been told since I use beef broth that the real name for them is Bloody Bull.We also mix orange juice and champagne.Since my wife had her Margarita poured out I'll be making our own or pouring it into a different container.

While the Brew/drink of choice at the tailgate topic is interesting. Some of the other topics look more interesting. Espsecially the Best game day/Melrose/Kinnick experiences/stories because that means the first game will be upon us.:D

Bloody Marys and Bud Light in the early part of the year. During the colder months, Baileys Irish Cream with butterscotch schnapps to start, then switch to beer. God I can't wait until football season...

I like this thread, since it is now Week 2 of this thread and the OP did not bump it I thought I would.

Week 2: Best menu item

I am kind of weak here and don't bring much to the table but I usually just grill up some brats.

I think we should all take a look at whoever is sponsoring the B10 Network or Hawkeye football. Driving the sales up of a company sponsoring our network/our football would drive up revenue, and assist the Hawkeyes/Conference.
Back who is backing us. I rarely run into a beer I can't get use to drinking! Surprised Yuengling beer hasn't jumped on board sooner. They are a natural fit for the Big Ten and a great beer.

I like this thread, since it is now Week 2 of this thread and the OP did not bump it I thought I would.

I am kind of weak here and don't bring much to the table but I usually just grill up some brats.

Good job HawkCub.

I don't cook as a rule, so, the best pre-game dishes I've seen and tried are:

#1--Chili with onions and red beans...so hot it made me cry.

#2--Beer-soaked brats with hot mustard.

#3--Little cube steaks. To die for.

Hey hey hey, I was getting there! Chill out!:D

I'm going to create a new thread for it so check it out!

Latest posts