7 months...

What if KF actually isn't bigger than the University, but you just think he is? He's a major player, as most all long term, higher level D1 football coaches are. I would even agree he's on the upper echelon in this regard. In my opinion, he's nowhere close to what Paterno was as PSU in terms of power. Powerful....yes, expensive to buy out due to a terribly designed contract, Yes. Bigger than the University, nah.

Did Paterno have the power to install his son as head coach????

Was Paterno given a lifetime contract for a bowl winning % of .42

Was Paterno labeled the best his school could do for winning .59% of his games ????

I think it's obvious who has the superior power to warp reality

36d822575b3ce12d0853c30cf7e25a6c.jpg

Was Paterno labeled the best his school could do for winning .59% of his games ????

45tpYWM.gif

Quite frankly this has disturbing parallels at Iowa.

A football coach is more powerful than anyone else at the Univ. of Iowa. And no matter what happens he is never held accountable. He's so tone deaf he invents an award for a guy who sent 13 kids to the hospital.

I disagree strongly with John and Rob that KF is morally better than anyone who comments about him on a message board.
311ab87178f17d227f8d63e2d60e49a087ab88293a3dede983a0e04acef83316.jpg

Really, wouldn't we want a coach who has a big ego and doesn't give a crap about things to be able to handle the rigors of being a major college football coach, with all that in entails, with the fan base demanding wins, the media attacking you when things go badly, etc.

If Kirk thinks he's a bit of a big shot, has a big ego, and gets away with some minor things I'm good with that. If you'd rather have some wuss as coach, that's your decision.

Yes.

No, he was given a lifetime contract nonetheless though, until the scandal. Albeit was for higher levels of sustained success, and a natty champ.. KF's contract is absurd, no argument.

Best we can do? I don't think I've ever heard anyone state that.

Reality...is viewed very differently by different people. Clearly.