7 months...

OK, I'll play your game. Btw, you are an idiot. You do know that cases on this scale don't just happen. Let me spell it so you can read it.

Ya do have understandin dat da leader of dat der pigskin fooball team....He don gets some of da bestest docterin advice from across dat der street from the place whar day plat tackle da guy running wit da pic dont' ya?

Shucks dat der head feller, he got no idea such things cana happen. Darndest ting dat der Rabbito sickness. Goes and just happens to 13 young whippersnapper just like that. Darned near ran and lifted demselves to death day did.

Just cause its a pubbblic coolage doesn't mean anyone shud caar does it?

You go beyond "moron" and approach "sub-human".

You got called out. You were wrong, you're reaching, you do it constantly. Own your idiocy.

I just stumbled upon this thread because I did not know what "7 months: was referring to. It was a pretty interesting back and forth until your post. You purport to be an educated person with talk of turning down multiple positions at respected universities and I have no reason to doubt you,but for pete's sake, this response was really contemptuous and uncalled for. I don't agree with every post on this board either but do my best to not act like a jerk. You are better than this.

<<You are better than this>>

No, he's not. Not even close.

As to the assertions of turning down jobs at major universities (sounds like one of those Penthouse stories that began, "I am a student at a large Midwestern university. I never believed the stories in your magazine until it happened to me!"), I go two ways: It's NOT true and we're none the worse because of it, or...it IS true, and our colleges, universities and other institutions of higher learning are in deeper sh*t than I would have ever believed.

Why does it have to be so black and white? Within a population there are plenty if kids that could play but dont get the chance or dont wont to do it. Kid I went to school with was a d1 recruit playing only his junior year. Quit football and after graduating became a truck driver. KF is exceptional at finding players oift ignored. The success doesnt mean one cant be scrutinized.

My point is Doyle has been pushing hard his whole career and in all the other years there have been zero reported rhabdo incidents. I would be more concerned if there was one here and one there. That would tell me that he is pushing too hard and something is obviously wrong with how he does things. When it goes 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,13,0,0,0,0, it's pretty obvious that something abnormal happened that one year to cause it.

OK, I'll play your game. Btw, you are an idiot. You do know that cases on this scale don't just happen. Let me spell it so you can read it.

Ya do have understandin dat da leader of dat der pigskin fooball team....He don gets some of da bestest docterin advice from across dat der street from the place whar day plat tackle da guy running wit da pic dont' ya?

Shucks dat der head feller, he got no idea such things cana happen. Darndest ting dat der Rabbito sickness. Goes and just happens to 13 young whippersnapper just like that. Darned near ran and lifted demselves to death day did.

Just cause its a pubbblic coolage doesn't mean anyone shud caar does it?

Dear Moron,

It's not the "scale" that I was citing. It's the fact Rhabdo isn't a "conspiracy" or some "engineered mystery disease". It doesn't have to be a too-strenuous workout for someone to contract. It wasn't a cover-up. It wasn't a result of negligence or intentional misconduct. It was a work-out that had been done previously.

Good Lord, do you even READ a post before responding?

I may have upset the board's brownshirts. Truth can have that affect on people when their religion is challenged. I think international current events kinda support the previous sentence.

I've seen a ton of opinions and a fair amount of innuendo. However, as is usually the case on free opnion boards, truth and facts seem to be a little light.

Current events? like what's been happening across the globe for 2000+ years. Again, atrocities performed in the name of religion(opinion), beliefs(opinion), and diety(take your pick(opinion).....these things are not new....just now very very visible.

brownshirts? c'mon man, you're better than that.

My point is Doyle has been pushing hard his whole career and in all the other years there have been zero reported rhabdo incidents. I would be more concerned if there was one here and one there. That would tell me that he is pushing too hard and something is obviously wrong with how he does things. When it goes 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,13,0,0,0,0, it's pretty obvious that something abnormal happened that one year to cause it.

<<When it goes 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,13,0,0,0,0, it's pretty obvious that something abnormal happened that one year to cause it.>>

One would think. Unless, of course, you're talking about HawkGold. THAT one doesn't "think:"

I've seen a ton of opinions and a fair amount of innuendo. However, as is usually the case on free opnion boards, truth and facts seem to be a little light.

Current events? like what's been happening across the globe for 2000+ years. Again, atrocities performed in the name of religion(opinion), beliefs(opinion), and diety(take your pick(opinion).....these things are not new....just now very very visible.

brownshirts? c'mon man, you're better than that.

<<brownshirts? c'mon man, you're better than that>>

Some times, yes, he is. Other times he, like I will, gets a little lazy!

It was rough and very serious situation, and I feel for the kids that went through it and likely will have lingering effects. But this is pretty much how I look at it. The "award" was poorly timed, but we pretty clearly have one of the best SC coaches in the country, and have for some time. This was clearly a bad situation, that hurt the reputation of the program and Doyle, but the physical development statistics and success for the last 15+ years are not coincidence.

I wish this topic was just about one incident from several years ago. Unfortunately the problem at the U of Iowa is much deeper and more complex and has covered a greater amount of time than just the rhabdo incident.

As far as Doyle being the best in the country . . . are we sure NDSU doesn't have a better S&C coach? I just assumed since we had 20 more scholarship athletes and Doyle-derived kryptonians, that beating an FCS program would be a given.

Last edited:
I wish this topic was just about one incident from several years ago. Unfortunately the problem at the U of Iowa is much deeper and more complex and has covered a greater amount of time than just the rhabdo incident.

As far as Doyle being the best in the country . . . are we sure NDSU doesn't have a better S&C coach? I just assumed since we had 20 more scholarship athletes and Doyle-derived kryptonians, that beating an FCS program would be a given.

Oh, the deep dark, sinister, smoking gun secrets at U of I. "enter vague, veiled leading questions here"

Clearly, Iowa is better coached and has far more talent than Michigan as well. On paper how could be win?

And yes, Doyle is one of the best S&C coaches in the country, or at the very least is in the elite echelon. And has been for a quite a while. NDSU's S&C coach is very good as well.

Objectivity. I know you have it and mostly your just flaming the board.

You call it a cliche'... I call it an opinion formed after reading many of your posts. Look at your history. Not hard to come to that conclusion.

I mske no apologies for not liking KF. Is he trrr
Dear Moron,

It's not the "scale" that I was citing. It's the fact Rhabdo isn't a "conspiracy" or some "engineered mystery disease". It doesn't have to be a too-strenuous workout for someone to contract. It wasn't a cover-up. It wasn't a result of negligence or intentional misconduct. It was a work-out that had been done previously.

Good Lord, do you even READ a post before responding?

I read your post. Chill. You climbed on me and I pushed back. You seem to take being a Hawk fan too seriously. Also my name isnt Lord.

Im not a KF fan. I dont hate him so I have no idea where you are coming from except as Josh put it....people get defensive about religion. I think he is quite good at finding overlooked players. His game coaching would require Sabin players which he doesnt get. That said when it works it is a thing of beauty.

Rhabdo isnt a mystery that comes out of the blue.

You mean the incidents and problems you've conjured out of thin air? You're losing it dude.

I have no problem with others criticizing KF on legitimate grounds such as his massive buyouts, his offensive problems, and his stubbornness just to name a few, but when Rhabdo is the only evidence you can provide, you look like a jackass.

You claim that we're suppressing your opinion with our own, then turn around and compare us to Nazis for disagreeing with you. It's freaking sports dude, lighten up.

Rhabdo isnt a mystery that comes out of the blue.

Doyle and KF have been doing that workout for 10 years with ZERO issues. Iowa might have 100-120 scholarship and walk on players on the team. That is probably over 1000 times this workout had been done, without an incident. Yet you say Rhabdo isn't a mystery that comes out of the blue? The F it didn't. Cause yeah, you should certainly see something coming that has never happened before in a 1000 plus sample size.

I hope someday in the future Iowa will be a school where its priority is to see programs sustain excellence for more than 1 season . . . rather than create the illusion of accomplishment thru contracts and personality cults.

I hope someday in the future Iowa will be a school where its priority is to see programs sustain excellence for more than 1 season . . . rather than create the illusion of accomplishment thru contracts and personality cults.

What about The Cult of Personality?

There is no personality cult surrounding and propping up KF. Have you ever seen fans in the stadium with KF-masks (ala the Joe Pa masks)? Does anyone believe Iowa Football begins and ends with KF? There are plenty of people who like Ferentz and think he has done a good job, but I think you would be hard-pressed to find anyone who thinks he is bigger than Iowa Football, let alone The University.

As for the rhabdo situation, a case-study has been published on it. If you don't know the specifics but want to, give it a read. It is a workout they had done before (although not every year, and not all that often). It was scheme that has been shown to result in a large increase in circulating testosterone and growth hormone (it is probably misguided to seek systemic changes hormones as a training target in strength training, but that is neither here nor there).

^^^Straw man obfuscation.

One man being bigger than a public University = One man being bigger than a public University.
No. The Rhabdo incident was incredibly stupid in the exercise that caused it. Stupidity doesn't = 4 decades of covering up for a serial pedophile as he continues to prey on dozens of victims. Stupidity had nothing to do with KF being "bigger than a public University". Stupidity is what you are displaying in this line of reasoning. I'm no KF apologist. Ask anyone on this forum and they'll tell you. But by all means, continue. You look foolish.

Doyle and KF have been doing that workout for 10 years with ZERO issues. Iowa might have 100-120 scholarship and walk on players on the team. That is probably over 1000 times this workout had been done, without an incident. Yet you say Rhabdo isn't a mystery that comes out of the blue? The F it didn't. Cause yeah, you should certainly see something coming that has never happened before in a 1000 plus sample size.

You really dont know but nice use of a big boy word. How old are you?

To be fair, Joe Pa donated a boat load of money as well.
True, I think JoePa paid the tab to build their big library.
Lots of examples across the country of highly paid, long-term college coaches who donate to their university. They get to name a building after their wife or their family, the school gets what they need, the coach gets a hefty tax write-off plus the life long satisfaction of doing some good that will serve others for years...win-win, everybody's happy.

What if KF actually isn't bigger than the University, but you just think he is? He's a major player, as most all long term, higher level D1 football coaches are. I would even agree he's on the upper echelon in this regard. In my opinion, he's nowhere close to what Paterno was as PSU in terms of power. Powerful....yes, expensive to buy out due to a terribly designed contract, Yes. Bigger than the University, nah.
I would say that Paterno literally made PSU into a national powerhouse, put PSU on the map, etc.
Can't say that about KF when the best he's done is every now and then we are only a conference powerhouse.

Latest posts