rodg12

Mike Daniels (DL)
Adam Gettis (OL)
Marvin McNutt (WO)
Tyler Nielsen (LB)
Shaun Prater (DB)
Riley Reiff (OL)
Markus Zusevics (OL)

Mildly surprised Binns didn't get an invite.

I think this shows how good the OL was last year. Gettis was a consistent beast on the right side. He sure improved from 2009 when he got owned by UNI.

i think about 5 or 6 of these guys have a chance at getting drafted, which will be around 17-18 in three years wow, good news but bad news considering the record of the hawks. have all this tallent and can't do more than what we did

i think about 5 or 6 of these guys have a chance at getting drafted, which will be around 17-18 in three years wow, good news but bad news considering the record of the hawks. have all this tallent and can't do more than what we did

DEVELOPED all this talent...

Although I'm disappointed in our record over the last couple of seasons, we still need to give the coaches their credit when due.

Takes much more than 7 guys to win games. Also, since 3 are OL I think it shows where our strong suit was. Also, it is pretty spread out there with a DB, who wasn't helped by an inexperienced safety, an oft-injured LB, a small DL who had no other help, and a WR who did all he could, but still dropped a few important balls. It's a team sport for a reason. Iowa isn't running out 4* recruits at every position, some of the young guys Iowa plays are really young and need experience. Teams like 2002 and 2009 have the right mix of experience and talented youth that bring things together. Not gonna happen every year, but iowa will have a few talented kids every year go to the NFL.

DEVELOPED all this talent...

Although I'm disappointed in our record over the last couple of seasons, we still need to give the coaches their credit when due.

That just starts the whole "Is KF's job to win games or put bodies in the NFL?" debate. Sure, they deserve kudos for developing many of these guys. But that's just part of the coaching staff's job. I'd rather win 10 games with no one who's draft-worthy than send 7 players to the NFL in a year where we went 7-6.

That just starts the whole "Is KF's job to win games or put bodies in the NFL?" debate. Sure, they deserve kudos for developing many of these guys. But that's just part of the coaching staff's job. I'd rather win 10 games with no one who's draft-worthy than send 7 players to the NFL in a year where we went 7-6.

name the last time a team won 10 games without anyone being draft worthy. not sure if serious here....

winning games=having talent.

I'm really surprised that Binns and Bernstine didn't get invites. Those were our defensive MVPs and appeared to have enough talent to at least get a combine invite.

I'm really surprised that Binns and Bernstine didn't get invites. Those were our defensive MVPs and appeared to have enough talent to at least get a combine invite.
I think its a damn shame binns had crazy good hands and bernstine had that bob sanders mentality.

i actually would have guessed binns would get an invite over gettis.

i actually think that bernstine will get drafted just for his special teams skills. will make an excellent kickoff and punt coverage guy at the next level. doubt he'll make it as a DB, but he definitely has what it takes to be a contributer IMO.

Latest posts