7-6 is not acceptable

So KF didn't want to win in his first 3 years, decided he wanted to win the next 3 years, decided he didn't want to win again for a few years, then decided to win again for a few years, and now doesn't want to win again? You actually believe this, or are you trolling?

KF has more invested in this program than you ever will. He eats, breathes, and lives for this program. It amazes me that people like you actually think you care more about the program, the players, or the university.....you give nothing and do nothing to make Iowa a better program....

Well said.

And to answer it, there is nothing to say the uptick will be at the 02-04 level. In fact, there is nothing to say it will even be as good as 08-10.

Fair enough. Although, the below quote from another post after yours doesn't give me much confidence...

It's not time for a new HC. It is time for a new OC and a new offensive philosophy.

...Because it's apparent that regardless of who he OC is, we're not going to get a new offensive philosophy. Just like nobody expects that with a new DC we're going to get a new defensive philosophy.

Don't worry about whitup.. he attacks everyone for some reason.

That doesn't change the fact you have a completely stupid name, that you clearly made out of hypocricy. Maybe change it to Ferentz4life unless we don't win 8
I was a huge ferentz supporter until the MN loss this year, and was at kinnick for nearly every game for the lean years, including 1999 and 2000. Were you? No? So zip it.

IMO it would be fine as long as we finally found a coach worth waiting for. Ferentz is a great guy and a GOOD coach but not a great one. We can get better but we will never know until we try. I would take ten losing seasons to get the right coach to take us to one national championship.

Personally it would serve all of us right if we run off Ferentz and make a couple bad hires and end up with a football program being trashed like the bball program. Iowa is one bad hire away from 3-9 every year.

Funny....Ferentz is praised by his players, praised by his fellow coaches in college & pro football, praised by professional sports analysts and praised by recruits. His name is mentioned for all the top job openings. Seems it's only the vocal, ignorant uniformed minority arm chair quarterbacks on these message boards that offer a different opinion. Hmmmm....back under the porch little dogs.

Funny....Ferentz is praised by his players, praised by his fellow coaches in college & pro football, praised by professional sports analysts and praised by recruits. His name is mentioned for all the top job openings. Seems it's only the vocal, ignorant uniformed minority arm chair quarterbacks on these message boards that offer a different opinion. Hmmmm....back under the porch little dogs.

Football coaches generally praise other football coaches (what pro coaches are praising him recently). Sports analysts are usually dumb people who have no real analytic abilities. He's not mentioned in any of the top job openings any more and of course recruits who choose to play at a school will praise the coach. None of this is really evidence of anything.

Ferentz is a good but not elite college football coach and the stats do a good job of showing that.

Let's look at the record. 2 wins nearly every year are gimmees. Lou-Monroe anyone? So basically we really "won" 5 games this year. So in my mind that's 5-6, a losing record. That's not acceptable. Especially when those losses include Minnesota with the offensive weapons we had this year. . . pathetic.

Let's look at the record. 2 wins nearly every year are gimmees. Lou-Monroe anyone? So basically we really "won" 5 games this year. So in my mind that's 5-6, a losing record. That's not acceptable. Especially when those losses include Minnesota with the offensive weapons we had this year. . . pathetic.

Ohh I want to live in fantasy land and make my own rules also. I count wins against Michigan as 6 wins, and I dont count road losses, so in my mind we went 12-1, a great record.

Ohh I want to live in fantasy land and make my own rules also. I count wins against Michigan as 6 wins, and I dont count road losses, so in my mind we went 12-1, a great record.

Michigan State was Legends Division champion. I don't count that one either. Undefeated.

Hey whatever. You think beating Lou-Monroe is a big deal ... Welcome to mediocrity.

My point with this mental exercise is that getting 8 wins should've been easy with our schedule and talent. Losing to Minnesota? To ISU? This was a horribly disappointing year, about the worst in 10 years IMHO.

Hey whatever. You think beating Lou-Monroe is a big deal ... Welcome to mediocrity. My point with this mental exercise is that getting 8 wins should've been easy with our schedule and talent. Losing to Minnesota? To ISU? This was a horribly disappointing year, about the worst in 10 years IMHO.

Hey whatever, you think losing on the road to Nebraska is a big deal... Welcome to unrealistic expectations.

Fine. If a win vs. Michigan counts as 6 wins, a loss against Minnesota should count for at least 6 losses.

Would it be an acceptable record if the coach were paid $500,000 a year?
Why do people keep asking questions similar to this one?The point is that we are paying KF the big bucks to get the desired results.If we had a coach that was making $100 a year they would be fired, but obviously you weren't expecting great things if you think they are only worth $100 in the first place.A $100 coach probably won't get very good results and they aren't expected to get 8 wins.A $4 million coach is expected to get good results, which is why they are paid that much money.That is how a lot of jobs are supposed to work... People get paid on performance and if they don't perform well or produce the desired results... They get fired. Obviously there are exceptions.:DI think the saying goes... "you get what you pay for" or something like that. However, that doesn't seem to be the case lately.Btw, I'm not saying we should fire KF or anything like that, but I do think something needs to change...

Let's not forget what Bill Snyder did this year at K State (AGAIN). He has more of a recruiting handicap than Iowa, competes in-state with another BCS school, but still went 10-2 (and arguably got hosed out of a BCS bowl again). The difference is Bill adjusts and goes with his strengths, rather than forcing a square peg in a round hole.

Bill also preaches assignment football (which was obvious compared to Ron Prince), but he seems to get more out his players than KF, and is certainly much better in game-time decisions and clock management.

I don't know what they pay Bill, but it's much less than KF. I appreciate the fine program that KF runs, but you just cannot continue to be that stubborn and blame everything on player execution. At some point you have to evaluate what you have and adjust (read: coach) to your strengths to maximize your chances to win games.

Michigan State was Legends Division champion. I don't count that one either. Undefeated.

And I font count bowl game results or Bcs standings. National Champions!

Latest posts