7-6 is not acceptable

SO FRUSTRATING!!! I posted something very similar earlier. Do you guys ever wonder if Kf anc Co. really want to win or if they are truly content with being mediocre? I mean you gotta start to wonder that especially with the past 2 seasons we had as well as 2005-2008.

How could it be any worse than this. $3.7 million for this joke. ISU gets the same for $1.0 M

ISU doubled the coaches salary for a 6-7 season. KF is being paid for past performance. 2 big10 titles, 2 BCS games, and a top 15 revenue producing football program...

Plus would you be happier if KF produced the same but only made $1million? I just don't get why people bring up the salary all the time?

SO FRUSTRATING!!! I posted something very similar earlier. Do you guys ever wonder if Kf anc Co. really want to win or if they are truly content with being mediocre? I mean you gotta start to wonder that especially with the past 2 seasons we had as well as 2005-2008.

So every team that is 7-6 or worse has tha record because the coaches "don't really want to win"? Or is it just our coach who doesn't want to win?

So every team that is 7-6 or worse has tha record because the coaches "don't really want to win"? Or is it just our coach who doesn't want to win?

Look at the entire attitude of the coaching staff, the predictibility of the playcalling, the ho hum pi$$ poor excuses regarding losses in the press conferences, avoiding accountability at every turn. i'm not saying that every 7-6 team has that record because of a lackidazical (sp) coaching staff but in our case, you could really start to question the motivation of the coaches.

ISU doubled the coaches salary for a 6-7 season. KF is being paid for past performance. 2 big10 titles, 2 BCS games, and a top 15 revenue producing football program...

Plus would you be happier if KF produced the same but only made $1million? I just don't get why people bring up the salary all the time?

The reason it comes up is due to the company he is in. The top 10 highest paid coaches (before Urban Meyer) he is #5 behind Mack Brown, Stoops, Saban, Chizek, just ahead of Petrino, Richt, and Hoke and Musgrave (I'm missing someone in there but cant remember who). disregardng the first year coaches, all the other have have multiple BCS appearances, consistent 9+ win seasons, and finished in the top 25 more than 50% of the time. Ferentz has only had a Top 25 Team 4 times in 13 years and 4 9+ win seasons. That sucks.

So the arguement usually turns to something like "well we're just little 'ol Iowa and can't recruit like the big schools, we wouldnt be here w/o KF, blah blah blah" among other excuses.

Look at the entire attitude of the coaching staff, the predictibility of the playcalling, the ho hum pi$$ poor excuses regarding losses in the press conferences, avoiding accountability at every turn. i'm not saying that every 7-6 team has that record because of a lackidazical (sp) coaching staff but in our case, you could really start to question the motivation of the coaches.

So KF didn't want to win in his first 3 years, decided he wanted to win the next 3 years, decided he didn't want to win again for a few years, then decided to win again for a few years, and now doesn't want to win again? You actually believe this, or are you trolling?

KF has more invested in this program than you ever will. He eats, breathes, and lives for this program. It amazes me that people like you actually think you care more about the program, the players, or the university.....you give nothing and do nothing to make Iowa a better program....

Oh, you disagree? Say we lost a lot of talent from last year?

I say we had a very favorable schedule this year, pay our coach $4m per year, and severely underachieved last year. This program-with a QB that struggles against average and above defenses-is trending in the wrong direction. And that's an understatement.

7-6 with a couple wins over really solid programs and losses to solid programs is acceptable.
7-6 with losses to some terrible programs... ISU, Minn is not acceptable. And i'd almost throw PSU in there too. That is not a good program right now and were overrated all year.

I mean seriously, this is the third down cycle and the fifth individual cycle! If you don't get it by now, that's on you.

I asked this in another thread, and you didn't respond, so I'll ask again:

Why should anybody assume that there will be another uptick?

Round 2 wasn't as successful as Round 1, so based on that 'cycle', Round 3 may not be as successful as Round 2 anyways.

^I pointed that out as well, elsewhere. I don't know if he actually buys his own schtick or is just messing with people.

And when has it been that we have had this 'talent' on the Offensive side? In 13 years the Offense has never been in the top half of the B1G!!!!!!!!!!!

When have we had a real QB? Been a long time since we even graduated a running back! This offense has been sub par for a long time. The offense has only been adequate when the defense was scoring points or setting the table for the offense.

Go ahead pour another cup of koolaide

Stanzi. Paki.

Only a complete ******* idiot would wonder that.

Oh, you disagree? Say we lost a lot of talent from last year?

I say we had a very favorable schedule this year, pay our coach $4m per year, and severely underachieved last year. This program-with a QB that struggles against average and above defenses-is trending in the wrong direction. And that's an understatement.

Would it be an acceptable record if the coach were paid $500,000 a year?

I asked this in another thread, and you didn't respond, so I'll ask again:

Why should anybody assume that there will be another uptick?

Round 2 wasn't as successful as Round 1, so based on that 'cycle', Round 3 may not be as successful as Round 2 anyways.

Good question that I didn't see earlier. And to answer it, there is nothing to say the uptick will be at the 02-04 level. In fact, there is nothing to say it will even be as good as 08-10. With Hoke, and Meyer, and Nebby things are stacked against the Hawks.

That being said, the signs are there for the uptick. There are very nice OLine recruits that will be upperclassman in 2014. There is always Ruddock. There is speed and athleticism in the defensive backfield, some nice looking receivers, and there will be at least one new coach that might breathe some life into the program with respect to recruiting and retention. The key for KF is to bring in a guy who can really connect with the types of athletes Iowa needs. Aiken was the last guy who really had that ability.

How could it be any worse than this. $3.7 million for this joke. ISU gets the same for $1.0 M

41591_170799712930513_5676750_n.jpg

Why do people keep asking questions similar to this one?

The point is that we are paying KF the big bucks to get the desired results.

If we had a coach that was making $100 a year they would be fired, but obviously you weren't expecting great things if you think they are only worth $100 in the first place.

A $100 coach probably won't get very good results and they aren't expected to get 8+ wins.

A $4 million coach is expected to get good results, which is why they are paid that much money.

That is how a lot of jobs are supposed to work... People get paid on performance and if they don't perform well or produce the desired results... They get fired.

Obviously there are exceptions.:D

I think the saying goes... "you get what you pay for" or something like that. However, that doesn't seem to be the case lately.

Btw, I'm not saying we should fire KF or anything like that, but I do think something needs to change...

Why do people keep asking questions similar to this one?The point is that we are paying KF the big bucks to get the desired results.If we had a coach that was making $100 a year they would be fired, but obviously you weren't expecting great things if you think they are only worth $100 in the first place.A $100 coach probably won't get very good results and they aren't expected to get 8 wins.A $4 million coach is expected to get good results, which is why they are paid that much money.That is how a lot of jobs are supposed to work... People get paid on performance and if they don't perform well or produce the desired results... They get fired. Obviously there are exceptions.:DI think the saying goes... "you get what you pay for" or something like that. However, that doesn't seem to be the case lately.Btw, I'm not saying we should fire KF or anything like that, but I do think something needs to change...

First of all KF gets paid 4 million a year because that's what it took to keep him here. Iowa knew when they signed the contract that the only thing that guaranteed them was KF. People that get it understand this, people that don't get it and people with penis envy don't understand it and walk around ******** about it.

Latest posts