7-5 without OSU/Wisky on schedule is just plain bad...

VenturaAce

...We can spin this all we want and refer to how dismal we were for some time, but this was a bad FB team playing an easy schedule. Our talent level has fallen off big time, our coaches are content and are getting killed scheme-wise and more importantly on the recruiting circuit.

If you were a B1G cailber recruit kid from the midwest watching today's game, how do you get the least bit excited about coming to play at Iowa?!?

Rawrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh... Wait for a bowl win and we have the longest bowl winning streak. Then see what everyone saids

Rawrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh... Wait for a bowl win and we have the longest bowl winning streak. Then see what everyone saids

Yeh, that W over a Conference USA opponent in the TicketCity Bowl is really going to rally the troops. In fact, I'm sure recruits everywhere will be flocking to Iowa City to jump aboard the most anemic offense this side of Jerry Kill. Great showing in front of a national audience today, couple that with the B1G / Conference USA showdown in Dallas- look out 2012!

...We can spin this all we want and refer to how dismal we were for some time, but this was a bad FB team playing an easy schedule. Our talent level has fallen off big time, our coaches are content and are getting killed scheme-wise and more importantly on the recruiting circuit.

If you were a B1G cailber recruit kid from the midwest watching today's game, how do you get the least bit excited about coming to play at Iowa?!?

This is one of the saddest, crybaby *** posts I have ever read on this site. This is chicken little on steroids.

Go find another team. We're certainly better off without you.

This is one of the saddest, crybaby *** posts I have ever read on this site. This is chicken little on steroids.

Some of us don't do losing and expect better. We're called winners for a reason, pal.

Had OSU and Wisky been on the schedule this year Iowa would have won 5 games and two of those would have been against cupcakes and one against one of the worst teams in the B1G.

I'm very impressed with what this coaching staff has done this year. They even showed the Iowa fans that an uptempo offense would work very well. We ran it for two quarters and then we didn't see it again the rest of the year.

Proably made O'keefe think a little...too risky, much too risky for this coaching staff. this staff was probably in a state of shock just thinking about running an offense like that again. too risky....much too risky. And not fair to the opposition...trying something new like that. Why make the opposing coaching staff work for more than a day to get ready to play Iowa? That simply would not be fair....

Jon Miller, Tom Kakert and Pat Harty all predicted Iowa to go 7-5 with this schedule as did many Iowa fans.

With losses to Iowa State and Minnesota?!? 7-5 predictions on this schedule is called SAND BAGGING, only to over-achieve and make it appear like we had a good season. Look at our schedule folks, it was BAD BAD BAD!

+1

When did we stop recruiting athletes? Not that this staff would know what to do with them or have them inspired to play anyway. I think we are truly at the end of the KF era. The cupboard is bare, the empty seats are not far behind, then comes the change.

Chicken little, HAH! So if I am disappointed with our below average team that played really stagnant and anemic today and call a spade a spade, I need to go find another team?

I showed up and overpaid for a ticket today to cheer on my Hawks. I expected better- I expected better today, I expected better up in MN, I expected better in Ames and I expected better on Senior Day at home. Sprinkle in a few fun moments in Kinnick, but overall this fall left a really bad taste in my mouth for what is in store the next few seaons (we had the two most prolific WR's in school history the last two seasons with decent OL and RB's and we went 14-10!)

I never thought this was going to be a banner, 10-2 team by any stretch, but the effort could have been a lot better. It was only made worse by a dramatic drop in talent that I don't see getting any better next year.

If you are content with the performance and effort this year- congrats! Have fun in Dallas, I hope your happy with things and you can continue to drink the Barta kool-aid how many consecutive "bowl eligible" seasons now?!? Wow, I hope that is not the barometer for success on this site or in Iowa City.

Bad teams don't win 7 games. We're an average team.

Look at the 7 wins- one good win, and thanks to the Michigan OC for having Denard Robinson throw four straight times on the goal line!

Look at Texas A&M's schedule and you will find a much more respectable 6-6 team. They lost to a lot of respectable teams, many of which they crumbled down the stretch after holding late leads. They pounded Baylor, they beat ISU handily, beat TX Tech, and I know for a fact that there fans are more ****** off than Hawk fans are. And yet they had a good team that only won 6 games.

We won 7, but peel back the onion a little and you find out that our W's are against bad non-conference teams and a couple of scrappy Ws at home.

Had OSU and Wisky been on the schedule this year Iowa would have won 5 games and two of those would have been against cupcakes and one against one of the worst teams in the B1G.
Why would Iowa have lost to Ohio State? OSU lost at Purdue and we beat the same team the next week on the same field. I don't think that would necessarily be a loss.

Why would Iowa have lost to Ohio State? OSU lost at Purdue and we beat the same team the next week on the same field. I don't think that would necessarily be a loss.

I am inclined not to get into the round robin comparison game. We beat NW, they beat Nebraska, then should we beat Nebraska? We beat Michigan, Michigan pounded Nebraska, again should we beat Nebraska then?

All I am saying is that we were fortunate to have Purdue and Indiana on the schedule vs. Ohio State and Wisky. Our 7-5 is the most bloated, overrated record in a long time!

Wow, I hope you enjoyed your little meltdown on this post. What a crybaby you are.

Lots of teams would be happy with 7-5, a win over Michigan and a bowl trip. Deal with it, loser.

Latest posts