7-5 without OSU/Wisky on schedule is just plain bad...

Look at the 7 wins- one good win, and thanks to the Michigan OC for having Denard Robinson throw four straight times on the goal line!

Look at Texas A&M's schedule and you will find a much more respectable 6-6 team. They lost to a lot of respectable teams, many of which they crumbled down the stretch after holding late leads. They pounded Baylor, they beat ISU handily, beat TX Tech, and I know for a fact that there fans are more ****** off than Hawk fans are. And yet they had a good team that only won 6 games.

We won 7, but peel back the onion a little and you find out that our W's are against bad non-conference teams and a couple of scrappy Ws at home.

Once again, bad teams don't win 7 games. We're average, not bad.

Why would Iowa have lost to Ohio State? OSU lost at Purdue and we beat the same team the next week on the same field. I don't think that would necessarily be a loss.

You really believe that? There is some mysterious universal law of football that Iowa does not beat OSU. How else do you explain one victory over the Buckeyes every 20 years or so? And most of those games were blowouts - think 56-7 at halftime in 1995 and Kyle McCann getting sacked 11 times in 1998.

5-5 versus BCS competition.

2-0 versus low-level D-I competition.

Horrible loss: Minnesota
Bad loss: Mich St and Nebby just because how they were completely outplayed.

Good win: Michigan.

With losses to Iowa State and Minnesota?!? 7-5 predictions on this schedule is called SAND BAGGING, only to over-achieve and make it appear like we had a good season. Look at our schedule folks, it was BAD BAD BAD!

+1

A dropped pass and a miracle comeback away from two consecutive 6-6 regular season records.

You really believe that? There is some mysterious universal law of football that Iowa does not beat OSU. How else do you explain one victory over the Buckeyes every 20 years or so? And most of those games were blowouts - think 56-7 at halftime in 1995 and Kyle McCann getting sacked 11 times in 1998.
I don't see the relevance of 1995 and 1998 for a game in 2011. I only said I would not mark OSU as a loss this year. Wisconsin, yes.

Latest posts