7:05 Belmont-Abbey College @ Iowa Exhibition Game Thread

This team will go as far as the defense takes them. The offensive firepower is there but our defense, especially on the perimeter, is still a huge concern.

This is funny coming from you. Hoiberg's thought process was "we will just out score you" He never worried about defense.

Maishe sees great opportunity with Williams leaving...now coach's son is getting big minutes perhaps...hmmm....for team chemistry...

I haven't been able to watch the scrimmages...I have two questions that perhaps someone can comment on.

I liked Kriener last year...does he appear to be more muscular, toned this year with an off season of work?

Does Garza, even at this stage, appear to be much more "skilled" offensively than a fourth year Woodie?

Iowa picked 8th in conference, with this board exuding confidence about the team...that disconnect is always interesting.

I am hoping for an outstanding season, vaulting Iowa into the national discussions for years to come...

Go Hawks!
I’ve never been as high on Kriener as some others but he continues to impress me and I’m starting to come around. He plays at his own pace, can knock down a jump shot, and has solid post moves. He would start on a lot of college teams.

Not to disparage Woody but Garza has more offensive skill in his left hand than Woody did in his entire body. However what we really need is someone who can play defense like Woody and it is highly unlikely that we will get that from Garza as a freshman. He will improve as time goes on though.

This is funny coming from you. Hoiberg's thought process was "we will just out score you" He never worried about defense.

Don't even get me started on Hoiberg. I'm still mad the Bulls hired him and he found out quickly you need to play defense in the NBA. He is so frustrating to watch as a Bulls fan and he has no control over the team.