7:05 Belmont-Abbey College @ Iowa Exhibition Game Thread

Dom uhl seems to have completely regressed from his freshman year. It's crazy to see. I dont see him getting more than 8 minutes per game

I think iowas depth and transition offense just wears the shit out of these teams with no depth. BM showed nothing in the 2nd half

I think Uhl is playing his way out of any meaningful playing time this year. I would say there is a pretty noticeable gap between him and the 12th best player.

Dom uhl seems to have completely regressed from his freshman year. It's crazy to see. I dont see him getting more than 8 minutes per game

I don’t know why he refuses to go in the paint, grab rebounds and get putbacks. He’s a good athlete, is long and it’s a waste to him and the team watching him run around the perimeter all night.

I doubt they scout any of these exhibitions - our starting 2 didn't play - our starting line up was whack and we won 30+ - Not a ton to complain about except they did get a little sloppy the last 10 minutes of the first half. Wolfgang on twitter ... wolf. There's an example of how NOT to be during a game. Love the dudes passion, but man, he's in mid February melt down form already.

There was a moment last night in the first half though, when Downton Abbey was playing the Hawks tough that I looked at all the players on the court and thought... "Holy shit, these guys are so young". They don't really have a take control player (albeit that Baer Cage, Jbo and Cook were all on the bench) .... but they had a deer in the headlights look and that scared me a little for when they see a team that has a pulse.

Finals stats...Iowa shot like shit and still put up 96 points.
IKR that was not and will not be their best offensive outing... Yet 96 on the board.. JBo did next to nothin out there. The thing is when they play these exhibition games we aren't playing them how we would if it mattered. Cook and Garza looked like men amongst boys against them. Nunge did too part of the time he was out there. Our defensive intensity wasn't that good gave up a ton of open looks off drive and kicks. But when the games matter and rotations are more shored up that'll help

This team will go as far as the defense takes them. The offensive firepower is there but our defense, especially on the perimeter, is still a huge concern.

Maishe sees great opportunity with Williams leaving...now coach's son is getting big minutes perhaps...hmmm....for team chemistry...

I haven't been able to watch the scrimmages...I have two questions that perhaps someone can comment on.

I liked Kriener last year...does he appear to be more muscular, toned this year with an off season of work?

Does Garza, even at this stage, appear to be much more "skilled" offensively than a fourth year Woodie?

Iowa picked 8th in conference, with this board exuding confidence about the team...that disconnect is always interesting.

I am hoping for an outstanding season, vaulting Iowa into the national discussions for years to come...

Go Hawks!