5th in AP, 7th in Coaches Poll

Way too high without a semblance of an offense.
I would normally think so but the hawks have won both games pretty big against top rated teams. And there are a lot of underwhelming teams that are ranked like OU, Tex A&M barely won, etc to not put Iowa at #5. Now if Notre Dame and A&M and some other teams ahead of Iowa had been smashing other ranked teams I could see them being ahead of us.

Who cares where we are ranked. Practice and get better every rep in practice. Petra's made some nice throws Saturday, build on that! Running game needs work. Alot of improvement needed. Real happy for Hawks. But keep working! Learn from the past games....prepare for the future ones
I'm practicing and eating my veggies, but doubt it helps the team much.

Sagarin has:

6 - OSU
7 - Iowa
8 - PSU

ISU is 13th, Indiana is 33rd.

Kent State is 60th, which is actually a bit higher than I would have blind guessed.

Colorado State appears to be really bad. 124th with a loss to an FCS school.

Barring major catastrophe, we should be 4-0 a few weeks from now. Hopefully we can use the next couple games to do some experimentation on offense.

Way too high without a semblance of an offense.

Agreed. Eye test of watching Hawkeyes vs the other top 15 or so.... I'd say 11-13 spot is about right.

Win next two in fairly dominant fashion showing some offense ability to score points... get up top 9-10 spot.

Beat MD...who I think is solid, especially on offense... maybe bump up one to #8.

Find any way to win vs. PSU... then maybe 6-7.

Go from there. 6-0 with wins against 3 ranked teams w/2 in the top 10... hell of a resume.

But of course... 1 game at a time. We all know, and it's pretty evident so far this year... rankings seem very irrelevant.

Go Hawks

Agreed. Eye test of watching Hawkeyes vs the other top 15 or so.... I'd say 11-13 spot is about right.

Win next two in fairly dominant fashion showing some offense ability to score points... get up top 9-10 spot.

Beat MD...who I think is solid, especially on offense... maybe bump up one to #8.

Find any way to win vs. PSU... then maybe 6-7.

Go from there. 6-0 with wins against 3 ranked teams w/2 in the top 10... hell of a resume.

But of course... 1 game at a time. We all know, and it's pretty evident so far this year... rankings seem very irrelevant.

Go Hawks

You are putting these ranges on where you think Iowa should be ranked without any considerations of the rest of college football. To put Iowa in the 11-13 range you have you have to find 10-12 teams that have proven to be better than Iowa and I can’t see how anyone can do that.

Iowa has questions on offense but the special teams and defense is as good as anyone in the country. I don’t think any team in college football has a better resume after 2 games than Iowa. They just upset a rival on the road that was ranked in the top 10.

You are putting these ranges on where you think Iowa should be ranked without any considerations of the rest of college football. To put Iowa in the 11-13 range you have you have to find 10-12 teams that have proven to be better than Iowa and I can’t see how anyone can do that.

Iowa has questions on offense but the special teams and defense is as good as anyone in the country. I don’t think any team in college football has a better resume after 2 games than Iowa. They just upset a rival on the road that was ranked in the top 10.
Totally fair. I agree, total guessing game at this point. I just feel like I haven't watched a top 5-7 team. That said, your point of not really seeing 10-12 teams better at this point is well taken.

They keep winning and improving on offense...it'll take care of itself. At 6-0, would be really hard to not have them in the top 7, given the resume.