50/50 for Gator Bowl

Gonna take a lot of Weisman stretch plays to keep up with Auburn's offensive fireworks.

If we played Auburn, how many downs per first down would we have to get in order to score 3 TDs? For instance, you currently get 4 downs to reach the first down marker, but if we could increase that for Davis, what number would it need to go to for him to put up 3 TDs? I think we would need at least 6 downs, so that by averaging 2 yards a play we could convert and keep the chains moving.

It's nothing new for Iowa to play teams that played in the national championship the previous season. Auburn would have the potential to look like Bo Jackson in Tecmo Superbowl for Nintendo. That would be an awful matchup for the hawks

Taking on a 7-5/6-6 ACC team in the pinstripe would be the best shot at a win...More than likely Iowa will get an SEC West team or a middle of the pack PAC 12 team as opponent which means a loss.

Malzahn would carve up our D like a ripe melon on a hot summer’s day.

No, you hope Auburn really doesn't want to be there. Even if they are going through the motions it might be enough to beat Iowa by 2 touchdowns.

I am ready to beat whatever team it is! With a month to prepare Iowa's defense has been able to do great in bowl games. I also expect to see some new wrinkles on offense. This will be a great new year for the State of Iowa. Excluding the clowns fans of course.

Iowa > Auburn
Iowa Beat Indiana
Indiana beat Missouri
Missouri beat Texas A&M
And Texas A&M beat Auburn

I'd prefer seeing ASU v Iowa out in San Fran. Not that I or any other fans would be heading out to watch a massacre but I know there is a nice following of both fan bases here in DSM so it does at least have some cache.

Malzahn would carve up our D like a ripe melon on a hot summer’s day.
The only way we compete against that is if they have a day like Nebraska had against Iowa State several years back. You know where they would be running all alone in the open field and drop the ball. I think they had like 7 or 8 turnovers. That's all we need.

Taking on a 7-5/6-6 ACC team in the pinstripe would be the best shot at a win...More than likely Iowa will get an SEC West team or a middle of the pack PAC 12 team as opponent which means a loss.

Agree here. Pinstripe & Detroit bowls are against ACC teams. Iowa may have a shot to win those. Iowa would be an underdog against pretty much all bowl eligible teams from the PAC 12, Big 12, & SEC.

Got a call from a friend in Jax last night who is close to the situation. He said Music City is most likely down to Louisville and ND (I believe that's what he said...I was driving) and the January 2nd Gator will take a Big Ten team. They are choosing between Penn State and Iowa and a lot of people in the room are pulling for Iowa. If it's Iowa, we will most likely play Auburn since they wouldn't want a rematch with LSU. If it's Penn State, they will get either Auburn or LSU.

So it's either Jax or SF. I'm pulling hard for Jax.

You don't have to believe me and if it doesn't come true, feel free to talk bad about me.

It's weird you named it Jax! :p

I am ready to beat whatever team it is! With a month to prepare Iowa's defense has been able to do great in bowl games. I also expect to see some new wrinkles on offense. This will be a great new year for the State of Iowa. Excluding the clowns fans of course.

When Norm Parker was DC and Iowa had a lot of talent on Defense, your statement above is correct.

Iowa has neither now. If Iowa plays an SEC, PAC 12 or BIG 12 team in a bowl game, it will be ugly for the Hawks.

Just saw some possible bowl projections on Twitter. One matchup would make for a very interesting game...
B38w9iOIQAAaaCK.jpg:large

Music City is probably going ACC, with Louisville, available.
Jacksonville is going Big Ten.
With the Big Ten offices having a say, this screams Minnesota to the Outback.
Husker fan has Florida bowl fatigue and will be in the Holiday.

If I was the Gator Bowl, I would select a 6-6 Penn State team.
Bigger name, bigger TV ratings, and a fan base much, much more motivated to travel.

IMO, Iowa is going to slip to Santa Clara and got blasted by some Pac-12 school.

Projections are all over the place. Can't believe the one above showing PITT and Iowa again. WTF?

ESPN shows Iowa-Tennesee or Iowa-Stanford. I like those two.

I heard an interview at the start of the season where the guy was projecting an Iowa-Pitt bowl matchup with Iowa being favored. I remember it being odd because the guy had Pitt favored in the non con game but Iowa favored in the bowl. An Iowa-Pitt rematch does nothing for me in terms of interest. Would love to see Iowa-Stanford, but if Cody Sokol did Kirk like that and placed him firmly on the hot seat, that would be the epitome of carma.