5-0 vs. MSU at Kinnick on Oct. 5

Anything is possible....but if the line stays healthy...its extremely unlikely.

If there is no passing game then they are one of the easiest teams in the country to defend. If you are very conservative and can only run the ball then you gots a big prob bob. This is why is was so hard to watch them not attempt shots down field last year.

Also that powerhouse Western Michigan team is in those first five games. Think KF is 0-1 against them.
0-2, actually.

8208719.jpg

Based on what, exactly? The brand new, completely unproven players at QB and WR? The same players at OL and RB that produced the B1G's dead last rushing offense last year?

Except for the OL and RB were hurt last year which obviously limited them in the running game....

Absolutely. I'm saying there is ZERO chance the Hawks are 0-5 to start the year. They have too much talent compared to the teams they'll be playing. They have more experience with the offense, and returned a lot on defense. ISU lost a ton of key players, NIU lost a lot from their defense, and the simple fact the Hawks let a team like Central Michigan beat them last year should have them coming out ready to take care of business in that game. I'm well aware they lost to Central Michigan. I'm well aware they have lost to Western Michigan in the past. I'm well aware they've struggled with plenty of teams they should beat. You aren't telling me anything I don't already know.

I'm not saying the Hawks will be a good team next year. I think it could be a rough year. They'll probably lose a game or two that they shouldn't as they usually do. However, saying they could be 0-5 is just plain stupid. If that happens I'll start a thread saying Stanzi and OutOfTownHawk are geniuses, I'm a moron, and then I'll never post here again. You have my word.

The first five are:

N. Illinois - Hardly a lock, given that NI is not a bad program, and given that Iowa lost to Central Michigan of all teams, just last year

Missouri St - Guess I would think this would be the "surest" win on the schedule

@ISU - We all know how this game can go. Frankly, unless Iowa has had its best teams, games in Jack Trice have typically been a loss on KF's watch

W. Michigan - Another "should win" but I don't know anything about them

@Minnesota - Iowa is 0-2 in Minnesota's new stadium, and that was with better teams than I think Iowa will have this year

Yes, all of these games are winnable, but 2-3 in this stretch would not shock me in the least. 1-4 or worse WOULD shock me. 0-5.. No comment.

This season is going to be brutal. BRUTAL. I thought we'd be 5-7 last season. We have not improved in the two most glaring areas of weakness: QB and WR. DL is an open question. D Secondary...are we better there? Doubtful.

3-8 is where this talentless trainwreck is headed.

This season is going to be brutal. BRUTAL. I thought we'd be 5-7 last season. We have not improved in the two most glaring areas of weakness: QB and WR. DL is an open question. D Secondary...are we better there? Doubtful.

3-8 is where this talentless trainwreck is headed.

Maybe you didn't see we have Wes Welker at WR now.

This seems like the perfect time for an Animal House clip.

I am bottle half empty this season, but you just dumped your bottle out the window and used it for a pee bomb on the side of the road.

I think we'll battle Illannoy for worst team in Le B1G, and I think we'll trump them in that endeavor.

I think I might have to recalibrate to 2-10 now that I look at the schedule a little more. I think we go 0-fer in Le B1G. Zilch. Nebraska will finish us off with a monster beatdown.

I am not being facetious. We are goint to SUCK. Like Lickliter-level suck, with Little Lick at wide receiver.

I think we'll battle Illannoy for worst team in Le B1G, and I think we'll trump them in that endeavor.

I think I might have to recalibrate to 2-10 now that I look at the schedule a little more. I think we go 0-fer in Le B1G. Zilch. Nebraska will finish us off with a monster beatdown.

I am not being facetious. We are goint to SUCK. Like Lickliter-level suck, with Little Lick at wide receiver.

Definitely a pessimistic viewpoint, but looking at Iowa's schedule, it occurred to me that 2-10 is actually possible. I've got Missouri State and Western Michigan as "sure" wins. But outside of that, I think N. Illinois or @ISU are anything but locks. As for Big Ten play, there isn't a single game on that schedule I feel comfortable picking Iowa to win.

Although I think they will get a couple more wins somewhere and end up around 4-8 again, I think this is going to be a tough year no matter what. So yeah, chalk me up as a pessimist for this season as well.

No, no, NO. Don't do this to me. I don't want to get excited and ramp up expectations after watching last year's dumpster fire.

Latest posts