5-0 vs. MSU at Kinnick on Oct. 5

Sadly I think it's far more likely that we'll be 0-5 heading into that game than 5-0. If we average more than 300 total yards in those first five games I'll be shocked.

If you honestly think there's a chance the Hawks will be 0-5 going into the MSU game then I don't even know how to respond. Your football intelligence, or lack of it, speaks for itself... and it sure has been speaking a lot lately.

If you honestly think there's a chance the Hawks will be 0-5 going into the MSU game then I don't even know how to respond. Your football intelligence, or lack of it, speaks for itself... and it sure has been speaking a lot lately.

I didn't think there was a snowball's chance in hell that we'd lose to godawful Central Michigan last year. If we can lose to CMU we can lose to anybody.

Did you catch the Central Michigan game last year? Maybe you should calm down. KF and co have shown they can lose to anyone. I dont think Iowa will go 0-5 but its not crazy talk.

I didn't think there was a snowball's chance in hell that we'd lose to godawful Central Michigan last year. If we can lose to CMU we can lose to anybody.

Can and will are two completely different things. There's zero chance the Hawks will be 0-5 going into the MSU game. Stop being dramatic.

Did you catch the Central Michigan game last year? Maybe you should calm down. KF and co have shown they can lose to anyone. I dont think Iowa will go 0-5 but its not crazy talk.

It is crazy talk. They will not be 0-5. You guys are pathetic. It's not even worth having this discussion so I'll save it.

We'll see come fall. Let's put it that way. I'll be right here if they're 0-5 admitting I'm an idiot but I'd bet the farm that won't happen.

Sadly I think it's far more likely that we'll be 0-5 heading into that game than 5-0. If we average more than 300 total yards in those first five games I'll be shocked.

The chances of us going 5-0 (very possible) are a LOT better than going 0-5 (nearly impossible).
You are being way over dramatic about the expectation levels.

Read his post better.

He isnt saying the hawks will be 0-5 he just thinks we wont be 5-0 and the chances are less that 0-5.

The only really sure win is Missouri State or it should be a sure thing, after that we could be 1-4.

Read his post better.

He isnt saying the hawks will be 0-5 he just thinks we wont be 5-0 and the chances are less that 0-5.

The only really sure win is Missouri State or it should be a sure thing, after that we could be 1-4.

I read his post perfectly fine. I know what he's saying. He's being overly dramatic like he always is. That's why I should have known better than to even react because that's probably what he's going for.

While the Hawks always have a tendency of playing to the level of their competition they are also always in games. I think the average losing margin on a miserable 4-8 season was like 4 pts. The difference between winning and losing for them is razor thin. They aren't near as bad as some like to pretend. It's a matter of execution. They have an additional year in the new offensive scheme and the defense returned a lot. It can't get any worse than last year offensively and the defense will be better so to even say 0-5 is a possibility is simply being dramatic.

Last edited:
It is crazy talk. They will not be 0-5. You guys are pathetic. It's not even worth having this discussion so I'll save it.

We'll see come fall. Let's put it that way. I'll be right here if they're 0-5 admitting I'm an idiot but I'd bet the farm that won't happen.

Thats not the point. The point is they are just as close to 0-5 as they are to 5-0. We really have not seen anything yet anyways. I know you want to think the Hawks will be good and that you are a super fan because you think that but thats not the case. So you can stop calling others stupid because you have nothing to back that up.

Also that powerhouse Western Michigan team is in those first five games. Think KF is 0-1 against them.

Thats not the point. The point is they are just as close to 0-5 as they are to 5-0. We really have not seen anything yet anyways. I know you want to think the Hawks will be good and that you are a super fan because you think that but thats not the case. So you can stop calling others stupid because you have nothing to back that up.

Also that powerhouse Western Michigan team is in those first five games. Think KF is 0-1 against them.

Pretty sure we have all of Stanzi's posts to back up his lack of intelligence. He does that to himself. The first games of the season are non-conference games that are very winnable. Might we lose one or two? Of course, but there is no chance they will be 0-5 so IMO even mentioning that is stupid. I never once said the Hawks would be good. I said there is zero chance they will be 0-5. I never said I was a super fan either. Stop putting words in my mouth please.

Pretty sure we have all of Stanzi's posts to back up his lack of intelligence. He does that to himself. The first games of the season are non-conference games that are very winnable. Might we lose one or two? Of course, but there is no chance they will be 0-5 so IMO even mentioning that is stupid. I never once said the Hawks would be good. I said there is zero chance they will be 0-5. I never said I was a super fan either. Stop putting words in my mouth please.

So what you take from the last couple of years is that there are still teams that Iowa just has to show up and they win? You think that saying its possible for the Hawks to go 0-5 is stupid and there is no chance?

Absolutely. I'm saying there is ZERO chance the Hawks are 0-5 to start the year. They have too much talent compared to the teams they'll be playing. They have more experience with the offense, and returned a lot on defense. ISU lost a ton of key players, NIU lost a lot from their defense, and the simple fact the Hawks let a team like Central Michigan beat them last year should have them coming out ready to take care of business in that game. I'm well aware they lost to Central Michigan. I'm well aware they have lost to Western Michigan in the past. I'm well aware they've struggled with plenty of teams they should beat. You aren't telling me anything I don't already know.

I'm not saying the Hawks will be a good team next year. I think it could be a rough year. They'll probably lose a game or two that they shouldn't as they usually do. However, saying they could be 0-5 is just plain stupid. If that happens I'll start a thread saying Stanzi and OutOfTownHawk are geniuses, I'm a moron, and then I'll never post here again. You have my word.

Absolutely. I'm saying there is ZERO chance the Hawks are 0-5 to start the year. They have too much talent compared to the teams they'll be playing. They have more experience with the offense, and returned a lot on defense. ISU lost a ton of key players, NIU lost a lot from their defense, and the simple fact the Hawks let a team like Central Michigan beat them last year should have them coming out ready to take care of business in that game. I'm well aware they lost to Central Michigan. I'm well aware they have lost to Western Michigan in the past. I'm well aware they've struggled with plenty of teams they should beat. You aren't telling me anything I don't already know.

I'm not saying the Hawks will be a good team next year. I think it could be a rough year. They'll probably lose a game or two that they shouldn't as they usually do. However, saying they could be 0-5 is just plain stupid. If that happens I'll start a thread saying Stanzi and OutOfTownHawk are geniuses, I'm a moron, and then I'll never post here again. You have my word.

You should calm down. I dont think they will go 0-5 either. However it is possible and that is a fact. Also Iowa has a two game losing streak at Minnesota. You would have thought those two loses to back to back horrible Minnesota teams would have come out and beat Central Michigan but that didnt happen. You nor I know nothing about this offense yet.

You should calm down. I dont think they will go 0-5 either. However it is possible and that is a fact. Also Iowa has a two game losing streak at Minnesota. You would have thought those two loses to back to back horrible Minnesota teams would have come out and beat Central Michigan but that didnt happen. You nor I know nothing about this offense yet.

Except that it can't get any worse than what we saw last year. Can we agree on that? What did they have like 6 total TD passes last year? Something horrendous like that. Outside of that, you are correct I'm not sure what to expect. However, I do expect it to be an improvement, and I expect the defense to be better.

And Sorry Billso... 1% chance might be more accurate.

NIU and ISU scare me. I have very low expectations this year. I would be surprised if we make a bowl game. 6-6 would be an accomplishment for these players and coaches. The sad thing is I'm usually very optimistic about Iowa football but last year beat the optimism out of me.

This is an interesting post. I'd love to see the posts I've made to support my lack of football intelligence. I didn't say they will be 5-0. I said I think it's more likely that they'd be 0-5 than 5-0. Now, I don't expect them to start 0-5 at all. However, I don't see any way they start 5-0 given what we know at this point. You seem to be overreacting to my opinion. You also state that you read my post, but you clearly took my words out of context. I have your posts in this thread to support that. Please calm down and remember that I'm entitled to my opinion even if you don't agree with it. You seem to be confusing me with another poster.

Except that it can't get any worse than what we saw last year. Can we agree on that? What did they have like 6 total TD passes last year? Something horrendous like that. Outside of that, you are correct I'm not sure what to expect. However, I do expect it to be an improvement, and I expect the defense to be better.

And Sorry Billso... 1% chance might be more accurate.

We would all like to hope that the offense couldnt be worse but I think it is possible.

Latest posts