4 years ago I couldn't even watch an Iowa Bball game

uihawk82

Lick's last year was unwatchable and his previous year was about as bad. I am looking at it like this:

1. We have much better players coming to play at Iowa.
2. Fran is a helluva coach and he has proved he can build winning teams.
3. The style of play is exciting on both ends of the court
4. This years teams 5-6 close losses are separating them from improvement to being stupendous.

I love the overall progress and I will enjoy the next few years. I will post my thoughts on how they could maybe do something different but I am 100% behind the team.

You tell me if you dispute any of this?

I agree, I had a deficit limit with Iowa basketball when Lickliter was there. Some teams, like Wisconsin, it was 10 pts, other teams like, MSU it was 15 and the funny thing about was, each took about 8 minutes to reach those goals. Honestly, I think I was more upset when I put myself through watching those games when Iowa kept it under the deficit ceiling.

Lick's last year was unwatchable and his previous year was about as bad. I am looking at it like this:

4. This years teams 5-6 close losses are separating them from improvement to being stupendous.

I love the overall progress and I will enjoy the next few years. I will post my thoughts on how they could maybe do something different but I am 100% behind the team.

Agree! Get some better guards and we could be real good next year. If dean Oliver is on this team, we win over 20games easily

Keep in mind he is starting a freshman center & freshman point guard. Unheard of.

Unheard of? 2012 National champ kentucky says No.. I am sure a good amount of teams have started that combo as freshmen.. Hell ther are teams that start 3 frwshmen

Unheard of? 2012 National champ kentucky says No.. I am sure a good amount of teams have started that combo as freshmen.. Hell ther are teams that start 3 frwshmen

good comparison. and all of Kentucky's freshman go pro after one season. where do you think Woody and Gesell will get drafted this year?

I agree, I had a deficit limit with Iowa basketball when Lickliter was there. Some teams, like Wisconsin, it was 10 pts, other teams like, MSU it was 15 and the funny thing about was, each took about 8 minutes to reach those goals. Honestly, I think I was more upset when I put myself through watching those games when Iowa kept it under the deficit ceiling.

sad to say, but the football team is now like this.

I agree with you Mrs. McCaffery

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again .. freshmen game changers don't come to Iowa. They go to teams like Kentucky, Duke, etc .. .. If Iowa is starting 2 freshmen, it's because there is no one better on the team at those positions. MG is more polished than Woody. It shows in the stats and the eye test. But in two years you will see a noticeable difference in both of them and they will be game changers, not just because of their improvement, but because of the addition of and improvement of the players around them.

Would I like to see the Hawks in the Big Dance? Absolutely!! And I'll be disappointed they didn't make it this year. But I am comfortable with where we are right now. Things are definitely looking up.

GO HAWKS!!!

Why do people continue to compare Iowa to Kentucky or Duke or Michigan's freshman? It is just dumb. Those teams are getting players that could go straight to the NBA. yes MG and AW were ranked highly, but freshman centers need time to develop and so do frehsman PGs that are not top 5 or 10 players. It's a big difference. Also at KU, Duke, and MU there are upper classmen that are great players that make the transition easier. Iowa does not have great players that can take games over for them like a Trey Burke or Seth Curry. Iowa has good players as upper classmen, that is it. They are getting better talent every year but that takes time. Iowa is right where I expected them to be. Everyone got so excited when MG and AW signed, but you have to remember they weren't supposed to step in and be All B1G players. They will be eventually, but you need a nice mix of vets and young kids to make the freshman better. If you replace Burke and Hardaway with Marble and Aaron White Michigan is not as good as they are now.

people just get over excited and expected way too much from this team. They will continue to develop and next year we should expect a better team. They were not there yet this year.

I couldn't watch either. Don't forget who brought Marble and May to the table to dine.

I watched them.

I had season tix during the worst of the times. Never missed a game. Ever.

So, please get off the bandwagon. True fans only may ride.

I watched them.

I had season tix during the worst of the times. Never missed a game. Ever.

So, please get off the bandwagon. True fans only may ride.

hahaahahha what a joke saying people arent true fans. I was in the old fieldhouse at midnite to great Lute's final four team after they punched their ticket. I stayed up until 1 AM in 1963-64 to listen to zable's call on WHO as the hawks upset #1 UCLA. Just because after 50 years of watching Iowa bball I didnt want to watch Lick's last season does not make me a bandwagoner.

I drove up to watch the 1970 team beat Purdue and Rick Mount and I watched almost all home games as I went to school and lived in Iowa City from 1971-85. LIstened and watched all of Frank Miller's teams games, and I went ape **** crazy for Dr Toms teams.

Stupid post by you.

Latest posts