4 years, 36 wins is that good?

Short answer is yes. But I'm sure a few people on here will extrapolate reasons why it's not good enough(fair enough to have your opinion). But, just happy, watching right now with a cold beer, the replay of Iowa's defeat of Frosty'sHuskers. And...looking forward to Iowa vs Pitt tomorrow night. Hope for no letdown! Go Hawks!

4 years, 4 losses vs Wisconsin

4 years, 4 losses vs PSU

4 years, one bowl win, Pinstripe.

Is that good?
The Penn State series has turned completely around from the 2000-2010 period when we dominated.

Teams we have done well against recently include Minnesota and Michigan.

And Illinois!!!
It's ironic that the toughest game they've given us in recent vintage was the 2015 season where we started 12-0.

When Geronimo Allison burned Desmond King early in the fourth quarter (directly beneath where I was sitting that day) it was suddenly a 23-20 game.

Canzeri's 256 rushing yards, on a day when Daniels was out and Wadley was used sparingly (and T. Smith was out with a concussion) carried the day.

We also lost Drew Ott that day, this time for good. James Daniels started for the first time, playing left tackle.

Short answer is yes. But I'm sure a few people on here will extrapolate reasons why it's not good enough(fair enough to have your opinion). But, just happy, watching right now with a cold beer, the replay of Iowa's defeat of Frosty'sHuskers. And...looking forward to Iowa vs Pitt tomorrow night. Hope for no letdown! Go Hawks!
Dig deeper. Quit being a simpleton

You sound like you are having fun, but honestly, I don't think I have ever recorded a sporting event of any kind to watch it again. Cheers!

Is there an echo in here? Rev,tk, lightning...same old same old. Please go follow Ohio st, or Alabama. Good grief. You guys are getting more repetitive, read boring, as time goes by. You hate our U. President, past U. Presidents, our AD, Our head football coach (and his staff), our head bb coach and his staff, so why do you even hang out here? More recently, even our kids have been targeted by name, which has been out of bounds here until recently. The only real company you seem to have on this site is a clearly identifiable small group who continually bash everything iowa sports.

At Illinois, at Indiana, at Purdue I was sold a ticket that seated me next to the parents of Espy, Nate, Nelson, our punter, our field goal kicker, a couple of our running backs, and many others. I really enjoyed interacting with these folks. They really understand the game!
wish you could have been there. At the same time, I wonder if you would be willing to look these folks in the eye and make some of the comments you have anonymously posted here.

I may very well be looking through rose colored glasses at Iowa sports, of being too willing to have lower expectations, and to be more willing to trust the wisdom of our coaches and the administration than I should. But, I am also willing to admit that as a fan of football and basketball, I am way, way out of my league as a critic of successful Division 1 coaches.
And, so are you. Not knowing what you don’t know is a deep hole.

End rant.

Is there an echo in here? Rev,tk, lightning...same old same old. Please go follow Ohio st, or Alabama. Good grief. You guys are getting more repetitive, read boring, as time goes by. You hate our U. President, past U. Presidents, our AD, Our head football coach (and his staff), our head bb coach and his staff, so why do you even hang out here? More recently, even our kids have been targeted by name, which has been out of bounds here until recently. The only real company you seem to have on this site is a clearly identifiable small group who continually bash everything iowa sports.

At Illinois, at Indiana, at Purdue I was sold a ticket that seated me next to the parents of Espy, Nate, Nelson, our punter, our field goal kicker, a couple of our running backs, and many others. I really enjoyed interacting with these folks. They really understand the game!
wish you could have been there. At the same time, I wonder if you would be willing to look these folks in the eye and make some of the comments you have anonymously posted here.

I may very well be looking through rose colored glasses at Iowa sports, of being too willing to have lower expectations, and to be more willing to trust the wisdom of our coaches and the administration than I should. But, I am also willing to admit that as a fan of football and basketball, I am way, way out of my league as a critic of successful Division 1 coaches.

End rant.
tumblr_inline_obaqfeyFMC1t1k0l9_400.gif

It's ironic that the toughest game they've given us in recent vintage was the 2015 season where we started 12-0.

When Geronimo Allison burned Desmond King early in the fourth quarter (directly beneath where I was sitting that day) it was suddenly a 23-20 game.

Canzeri's 256 rushing yards, on a day when Daniels was out and Wadley was used sparingly (and T. Smith was out with a concussion) carried the day.

We also lost Drew Ott that day, this time for good. James Daniels started for the first time, playing left tackle.
For as bad as their record was, that Illinois team had some skill. Allison, Lunt wasn't a bad QB by any means, some nasty pass rushers in Smoot and another whose name escapes me.

9 wins a season would be terrible at Alabama or Ohio state, but really good at Minnesota or Iowa State. it's all relative.

I'd be curious to know how many power 5 teams have averaged 9+ wins a season over the past 4 years. I'm guessing it's around 20-25 teams.

End rant.
I don't know who the U of I president is.

I don't hate Kirk, he is just average/vanilla, I want more as a fan. I think it is robbery to give bonuses to average. I think it is unethical to hire your son when he isn't qualified.

Fran seems to have taken a "baby step" to make Iowa an all around team this year...fingers crossed.

I like Connor and Wieskamp, good defenders, competitors, smart, team players, little ego. I think "team" is the word for the BB season. That is exciting.

I think if I would tell a player and his family that I want more than average from Kirk, and something different than boring offensive plans and often inept in game coaching...they would look me in the eye and say...we want the same thing! But don't tell anyone we said it.

Latest posts