4:00 Iowa vs Elon Game thread

ClintonIAfan

It will be 6-0 Iowa vs 5-0 Elon in the final round of the Puerto Rico Classic. Iowa has a chance to beat another team from last year's NCAA tournament. The team looks like they are ready to get this win!

Megan has 6 double doubles so far this year and I see another one coming today. I don't know what the direction of the gym their playing in but that the basket to the left is awful. I haven't seen anybody do any good at that end of the floor. Hopefully we start out there so we can finish strong on the other end. Keep my fingers crossed that it was just a coincidence. Go Hawks!

Elon seems to have some decent size inside in M. Johnson and R. White. They rebound well and are tough defensively. Except for the Alabama game they are a balanced scoring team (Shay Burnette had 26 vs. Ala.). On the year they are shooting 30% from 3, but that includes 0-11 vs. Ala and another bad game before that so they may run hot and cold. They've been playing 8 or 9 and got decent bench scoring vs. Ala. We'll need to rebound and avoid giving them easy points off turnovers. We'll need to be good defensively in the paint and hope we shoot well. Hope we get a good report from those who can follow the game. Thanks in advance.