3rd Down - "NORM" chant

WINthePIG

Just go this on an e-mail . . . . . .

A movement has started to try to get everyone in the stadium this Saturday to scream and chant "Norm" on every Wisconsin third down. Do whatever is necessary to get the entire stadium rocking.

The idea is to do this in honor of Norm Parker who as you probably know, has been hospitalized more then once and is in a serious battle with his diabetes. My understanding is he already lost his foot. If you watched the post game last week it looked like Ferentz had tears in his eyes after the game when Parker was mentioned. These two are huge friends. Norm has not been coaching.

Can you imagine how pumped up the defense will get if the entire stadium is rocking with a Norm chant. Those of us watching on TV want to hear the crowd and listen to the announcers explain what is going on.

Go to work guys and lets make this happen. Lets watch the power of viral marketing. Tell others to keep passing this message on. I posted this on facebook linking to an event request and suggest you do the same.

NORM, NORM, NORMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hmm ... Interesting idea. Will need a lot of "spreading the word" to make this happen ... Hey, anything is possible.

Not sure that I like this idea. The defense doesn't need additional incentive to get up for a 3rd down in this game or any other game for that matter. Also I would think that just yelling and screaming like normal on a 3rd down would be much louder and distractive to their O than chants of Norm. But whatever.

i agree eddy. i think if we want to do a chant, it would be AFTER a third down stop. giving props to the guy that taught them how to do that. maybe i'm the only one with that opinion

I agree with Eddy and whammer. The defense and/or crowd shouldn't need anything additional to get them pumped out for 3rd downs...it's two top 15 teams going at it, and on top of that, it's Wisconsin!

I like whammer's idea of doing something after a stop, but pre-play and during the play, I'd be ok with just 110 db of noise!

I agree with Eddy and whammer. The defense and/or crowd shouldn't need anything additional to get them pumped out for 3rd downs...it's two top 15 teams going at it, and on top of that, it's Wisconsin!

Yeah, the crowd and players don't NEED anything additional to get up for this game. But, wouldn't it be kind of fun, neat?! In fact, the players could probably get up for the game without the band, cheerleaders, Herky, or 70,000 fans dressed in black and gold. Why do we do all that? Let it be.

Sounds like the University has taken to this idea too, and are endorsing it!

Its a neat idea, but I think Norm would rather the crowd be crazy loud on 3rd downs.

Not that I know him personally, just a hunch.

Yeah, the crowd and players don't NEED anything additional to get up for this game. But, wouldn't it be kind of fun, neat?! In fact, the players could probably get up for the game without the band, cheerleaders, Herky, or 70,000 fans dressed in black and gold. Why do we do all that? Let it be.

Sounds like the University has taken to this idea too, and are endorsing it!

Interesting, do you have a link?

Always naysayers p!$$in in the morning cheerios... "I didn't like the idea then, but after we completely pulled it off an the hawks won by 20 points, I thought it was the best idea ever!! Hawk fans are the greatest fans!!" This is paying homage to a guy that has a great impact on these players. Ask them, they'll tell you. If they hear something like that from the fans, can you imagine the emotions?? Let it happen!!

I don't think it is so much about the D needing the extra motivation to perform. It's about honoring their leader, &, if the D does in fact get a little extra pumped up & good things happen, that's a bonus.

Teams do respond to home field fans.

How bout a NORM NORM NORM NORM NORM in place of the star wars march... then a WOOOOO!!!! YEAH!!!! CLAP!!!! F*ck the BADGERS!!!!!WOOOO!!! when they line up for the snap.

It should be like pad smacking in the days before they moved the student section. Staccato Norms that speed up into yelling and screaming like normal on 3rd downs.

Norm ... Norm ... Norm .. Norm .. Norm . Norm . Norm NormNormNorm

I'll do it.

However, I think the important thing for fans to remember is that we basically need to make a ton of noise when Wisky has the ball, and not make a ton of noise when Iowa has the ball :)

Sometimes, I think people don't "get" that.

Latest posts