31-0 4th quarter - passing the ball and going for TDs- question for you guys

A

alexzelada

Michigan was up 31-0 in the 4th and still passing the ball and going for TDs.

2 questions.

Q: Do you think newkirk does that in the same situation?

Q: Would you want Kirk to do that?

Michigan was up 31-0 in the 4th and still passing the ball and going for TDs.

2 questions.

Q: Do you think newkirk does that in the same situation?

Q: Would you want Kirk to do that?

1. With a healthy offensive line and a healthy CJB? Sure.
2. Against Fitzy? Absolutely!

1) If we're up 31-0 in the 4th it will be the 2's on the field for us, so yes, let them get their reps in!
2) It's the cats; stomp them as bad as we can!

The answer is no and no. Ferentz has class; I'm not sure Harbaugh really does. He's going to get his QB injured if he keeps doing that crap

Thats the only reason Mich has 3 straight shut outs. Its a Harbaugh thing.

Once Iowa is up 50+ Ferentz I am sure would not throw a single pass. The only reason Iowa scored 60+ on North Tex is Iowa had 2 pick-6 in the 4Q.

Your job is to score as many points as possible and allow your opponent to score as few points as possible. I don't have a problem with it. Not really... It's a dick move.

I think this staff will focus on ball control if 31-0 and run the plays that they need to run to do that.

By contrast, Iowa used to just run the ball 3 times and punt. - Not much ball control / clock management possible there right?

No and no. Because if we are up by 3+ scores in the 4th qtr. I expect 2nd and 3rd string getting reps and by the end of the 4th, everybody healthy (all 7 of them) get snaps.

That said, if the 2nd and 3rd string can move the ball, score, and play good defense...by all means...light them up.

Also, if we're up that big...I'm gonna feel really good about the year....like...looking into tickets for Indy good.

Ahem...If...I said if. One game, one quarter, one play at a time....

I think if Michigan were slinging the ball all over the place this year then Harbaugh would've been running every down in the 4th but they have Jake and he's been struggling.

Latest posts