3 Reason Marcus Paige will not go to Kansas

sportstalent

Naadir Tharpe-2011 PG signed LOI
Nino Jackson-2012 PG more highly rated than Paige and lists only Kansas as his only "high" interest school.
Braxton Ogbueze-2012 PG more high rated than Paige and has an offer from Kansas as well.

Don't mistake me, I am not saying Iowa is going to get him, I don't feel he will end up at Kansas, unless the other two PG's of that class take too much time in signing the LOI.
Also don't forget former 5-star Elijah Johnson is only a sophomore and it will be doubtful he will be leaving.

Does this give Iowa a better chance, no, but it doesn't hurt anything either.

Why are people negative about this situation? It's an awesome opportunity for fran to land a big time recruit. Will we get him? Probably not. But it feels good to be on the short list for a kid that could turn our program around. Annoys me how bitter people are on this board towards paige when he hasn't even decided yet. As if they would automatically turn down the top programs in the country to play for a team thats completely re-structuring if they had the same talent as MP.

Naadir Tharpe-2011 PG signed LOI
Nino Jackson-2012 PG more highly rated than Paige and lists only Kansas as his only "high" interest school.
Braxton Ogbueze-2012 PG more high rated than Paige and has an offer from Kansas as well.

Don't mistake me, I am not saying Iowa is going to get him, I don't feel he will end up at Kansas, unless the other two PG's of that class take too much time in signing the LOI.
Also don't forget former 5-star Elijah Johnson is only a sophomore and it will be doubtful he will be leaving.

Does this give Iowa a better chance, no, but it doesn't hurt anything either.

There are 4 reasons

#4 - Roy Williams

who cares? he sure as fvck isn't going to Iowa, because none of the good in-state players ever stay in-state ... this is a fundamental truth, and apparently it is against the laws of physics or nature for any highly touted players to even consider playing at home ... even the girls ... even if their parents are alumni

who cares? he sure as fvck isn't going to Iowa, because none of the good in-state players ever stay in-state ... this is a fundamental truth, and apparently it is against the laws of physics or nature for any highly touted players to even consider playing at home ... even the girls ... even if their parents are alumni

That didn't used to be the case when Iowa and/or ISU had good teams. In recent years, both programs have been WAY down, and now you see the good recruits going elsewhere.

I firmly believe that will change if either program makes a comeback. No, we won't keep EVERY top player in state.. There will always be a Raef LaFrentz here and there.

I don't expect we'll get Paige either, but if it was 1997 again, I bet we would have a good shot at him.

Things can always change, but I don't think Paige has much interest in Iowa, and I'm not just speculating. The Iowa staff knows that and is proceeding accordingly.

if Paige isnt interested in Iowa at all, I at least hope hes classy like Todd blythe and turns down free tickets to games, unlike Jason bohannon.

i thought he said dean oliver was his favorite hawk growing up and was impressed with his iowa visit. doesn't sound like a guy who "hates" the hawks. i'd doubt he'd visit if that were the case.