3 out of 5 in Sweet 16 are Big Ten teams!

Yep, give the Mountain West a bunch of at-large bids, take only 6 from the B1G. Terrific idea, since we the committee are supposed to put the best 68 teams in the tournament.

Awesome, so a team I despise (Wisky), a team that I hate (Purdue), a team that I don't want to get good at Bball again (Indiana), then today a team that we will never be better than in Bball or Fball (OSU), and the most dominating team in the B10 in Bball over the past decade that I don't want to keep that momentum going (MSU, will be in the Sweet 16. Your invite to my idgaf party is in the mail.

Last edited:
High seeding for the conference definitively helps make this easier. The Big 10 has basically avoided the upset so far (Minus Michigan). Lets see if they can continue as the games get harder. I expect at least 2 in the Elite 8 and one in the Final Four.

Northwestern had no business being in the NCAA's...neither did Minnesota, Illinois or Iowa. We are a few horses away yet and methinks they are arriving this Summer.

Purdue Is seeded 10th

They also are not in the Sweet 16 yet. They play today. OSU, Wisc, And Indiana are the teams in. The hardest team any of those 3 has played yet is Vandy. They are a streaky outside shooting team, and a good matchup for Whisky.

I expect MSU to win today too. Now if Purdue beats KU, then we have something to gloat about.

Great start to the tournament for the B10 teams. MSU is a lock today and that's 4 out of sixteen. I believe thats already proven the best conference moniker this year.

Things now get considerably tougher. MSU and OSU will continue to dance and Wisky and Indiana take a seat next week in the round of 16. After watching OSU yesterday, they can play defense with the best of them in this tournament. MSU and OSU have a shot at the final four.

Northwestern had no business being in the NCAA's...neither did Minnesota, Illinois or Iowa. We are a few horses away yet and methinks they are arriving this Summer.

I agree, lose to Campbell plus Nebraska at home you do not deserve a bid. Take care of those 2 games and I think Iowa would have made a good case. Northwestern, no, they had so many chances to clinch a bid and failed every time. Illinois choked down the end and Minnesota beat nobody. The committee got it right concerning the B1G teams.

Purdue Is seeded 10th
They also are not in the Sweet 16 yet. They play today. OSU, Wisc, And Indiana are the teams in. The hardest team any of those 3 has played yet is Vandy. They are a streaky outside shooting team, and a good matchup for Whisky.I expect MSU to win today too. Now if Purdue beats KU, then we have something to gloat about.
PM me when you think its ok to brag, thanks ahead of time

Why do we need to brag up our Conference anyway? It is like small penis syndrome or something around here. Does it really make Iowa look any better? We ripped on the Clowns for bragging up their football conference all season, then we have to do the same thing in BBall.

I for one hate MSU, hate OSU, and Hate Whisky. I would rather be the top team in the 2nd or 3rd best conference then not even in the tourney in the best conference.

Maybe thats why I don't want to brag those teams up.

Why do we need to brag up our Conference anyway? It is like small penis syndrome or something around here. Does it really make Iowa look any better? We ripped on the Clowns for bragging up their football conference all season, then we have to do the same thing in BBall.
First of all I said wait til the weekend is over. Second, I haven't mentioned my penis so it must be enormous!

First of all I said wait til the weekend is over. Second, I haven't mentioned my penis so it must be enormous!

you just did

Before we say so proudly that the NCAA got it right concerning the Big Ten... ask yourself about these teams... Texas, Uconn, West Virginia, NC State, Virginia....
I think these teams got in at the cost of better Big Ten teams.

Latest posts