#3 Iowa - Maryland Game Thread

And to top it off, we flipped over to watch the last 3 minutes to see the Clown men lose at Baylor. Clowns hit a long 3 at the buzzer which would have won the game, but a review disallowed it and they lost by 2.

And the Clown women also lost today, to a team with a losing record.

Dang, shudda bought a lottery ticket today! GO HAWKS!!!

Haven’t seen Juju play. She scored 51 out of 67 points. Many times I think that Caitlin doesn’t get enough help from her teammates but that’s next level Lone Ranger right there.

In the first half Iowa missed five to seven layups. I think a couple of them were missed by Caitlin. Add the one she missed at the end of the game and she would have been close to 45. I felt like the Hawks relaxed in the third quarter and then they had a tough time finishing the game with a win.

Fun stat for you - Clark is averaging more than double per game as the football team. I'm guessing no ther Div I school had a bb player average more than the football team.

In the last six games Clark is averaging over 36 points per game. She missed at least four shots right at the rim. Should have scored 46 or more. That 51 points Gus was talking about was definitely within reach. Anyone else catch him replacing the o in shot with an i after Caitlin blocked a shot? He corrected himself but he’s likely gonna hear from the FCC.

That game had me going.
17k loud fans. Yah...a lot of Hawk fans for an away game, but Maryland fans turned out. Sure, to spur their team and be able to say they were there when their team beat Clark. But they were into it. Even when the game was over in the last minute. When they got that 3 with just a few seconds left youd've thought they scored the game winner. Just an awesome atmosphere. Best student section I've seen...with less of the stupid spinning signs and stuff for free throws (I know some people are into that, I just don't like it). Maybe cause they could actually sell those tickets for a decent markup and there were fewer students.

Either way, that was a loud crowd that didn't stop. Definitely can see why Maryland is a hard place to win.

In the first half Iowa missed five to seven layups. I think a couple of them were missed by Caitlin. Add the one she missed at the end of the game and she would have been close to 45. I felt like the Hawks relaxed in the third quarter and then they had a tough time finishing the game with a win.
I was keeping count, and it was 8 layups missed: 2 by Clark, 2 by Stuelke, and 4 by others. And they still scored 52 pts in the 1st half. If they would have made all those gimmes, they literally would have put up 68 pts in the half!