3 in a row, you'll take it

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
Boise State probably isn't going to win the MWC, but will finish in the top half.

That's a good win for Iowa. Best one this year.

Doesn't look like the Hawks are quite ready for the B1G, but they finished the non-conf very well. Have some momentum. Iowa fans have some reason to be excited for the rest of the season.

Yeah, I'll take it. I look at the games Iowa has played to this point and the record, honestly the only game that surprised me they lost was Campbell.

I am just happy to see that Fran is starting to establish a rotation and it seems like the guys are starting to understand their roles. Plus our three most exciting players (Basabe, Marble, and White) are going to be around for a while.

Give me the type of play we saw tonight on a consistent basis, somehow get to 6 Big Ten wins, and I will be ecstatic.

best part for was at the end of the game, 2 freshman, 2 sophmores, and a senior; future looks bright

Yeah, I'll take it. I look at the games Iowa has played to this point and the record, honestly the only game that surprised me they lost was Campbell.

Yeah would like to have that one back and also would like to have been able to play UNI this year. If they would have been allowed to play basketball against UNI dont know that they would have won but it would have been better than what we got to watch.

Showing some marked improvement on defense, let's keep it up Hawks. Thought we moved the ball well on offense as well. Nice to see Basabe and Marble contributing like they are capable.

I'm not feeling quite as bad about coming up for the Ohio St game, at least now I think we might make it a game...... for awhile.

Basabe, Marble, White and Oglesby are a really nice foundation to build around. I think Fran has figured out his rotation and Iowa is going to get better and better as the season rolls along...like last year. If Cartwright and Brommer get things figured out, Iowa could pull off a few upsets this year.

Great game tonight.

I really can't too much. he is just a great interview. He's getting back to the basics. getting back to what got him freshman all big ten. shot blocking and rebounds. the offense is taking care of itself. He relishes the challenge of the upcoming big ten season.

I really can't too much. he is just a great interview. He's getting back to the basics. getting back to what got him freshman all big ten. shot blocking and rebounds. the offense is taking care of itself. He relishes the challenge of the upcoming big ten season.

I really can't undestand him either. Completely different player than at the beginnng of the year. I guess it was the extra weight. We all thought it was between his ears. Kinda weird.

nail on the head. he flat out said it was between his ears. he said he is in better shape also. he also said he wishes he had arrons brain which was comedy

I like to see guys competing and that's exactly what we're doing. I like alot of what Fran is doing, including getting thrown out of a game once and a while. That's passion. He wants it. And his players are learning how to want it.

Yes,Melsahn is an interesting interview.

Said he was down to 223...I think he was at 234 to start the year.
Said that the early losses were all on him. He did not play how he needed.
Said that the team plays better when he plays well.
When asked about the upcoming Big Ten season...he said ''you guys have been around here a long time,you know whats coming''...funny.
Asked about Devyn's play...''He has been my boy since the first day,and I saw him as a NBA player right away...he is a point guard and he is as tall as me...and that is all I have to say about that''

Dolph and Bobby got a kick outta Melsahn's blunt honesty.
He reassured them that he was always smiling and having fun.

Listening to Basabe's postgame interview was a hoot! They certainly don't have to encourage him to speak his mind.

Latest posts