24% from the field.

I’d need something to cope with if it was a coping mechanism.

I’m not sad or mad or anything else.
giphy.gif

But make no mistake, being 20-6 in the B1G aint nothing to be ashamed of either but some posters are gonna try and sell you that.
Again, I never said the team sucked or that they should be ashamed of themselves. Quite the contrary. I even explained myself and said that I just don’t think the Hawkeyes are as high a seed as people are saying, and you still exaggerated me into somebody who apparently hates Iowa sports.

The NW and Rutgers games were tons of fun and I said so here.

If you think I’m overly hyperbolic, you’re just as hyperbolic when you say I’m trying to bash the Hawkeyes, or say that they suck, or that I don’t want them to win. You’ve said all three of those about me.

I’m still not upset.

Again, I never said the team sucked or that they should be ashamed of themselves. Quite the contrary. I even explained myself and said that I just don’t think the Hawkeyes are as high a seed as people are saying, and you still exaggerated me into somebody who apparently hates Iowa sports.

The NW and Rutgers games were tons of fun and I said so here.

If you think I’m overly hyperbolic, you’re just as hyperbolic when you say I’m trying to bash the Hawkeyes, or say that they suck, or that I don’t want them to win. You’ve said all three of those about me.

I’m still not upset.

I didn't say you said any of those things Fry. I didn't say you said that they "sucked" - I said that you are the type of poster who would piss on a 20-6 season. Is that not accurate? I also am not upset, nor would I expect you to get upset with me. I am not really speaking anything that I think either of us would dispute. I don't know how you find that to be hyperbole.

I never said they suck. They don't.

But people talking about a 5 or 6 seed are, in my opinion, out of their heads.
I'd project us now as a six. But it's just that-a projection. Still have five regs and the conference tournament. Some winnable games, but a hell of a lot can still happen.

I think if we go 4-1 we will be a 6 seed. If we go 5-0 we will be a 5. 6 losses is a pretty darn low number in this day and age of college basketball. That said, how many losses did Nebraska have thos year when they missed the dance? It's crazy how much a handful of games in the non conference can dictate perception an entire year. The Big 10 could be the 4th best conference for all we know. The only reason people think differently is because the outcome of some random games very early in the year. Switch 5 of those games that the Big 10 won and iowa would be a bubble team right now with the exact same record.

I think if we go 4-1 we will be a 6 seed. If we go 5-0 we will be a 5. 6 losses is a pretty darn low number in this day and age of college basketball. That said, how many losses did Nebraska have thos year when they missed the dance? It's crazy how much a handful of games in the non conference can dictate perception an entire year. The Big 10 could be the 4th best conference for all we know. The only reason people think differently is because the outcome of some random games very early in the year. Switch 5 of those games that the Big 10 won and iowa would be a bubble team right now with the exact same record.
I agree that we are a 6. I’m not sure how many wins we need to get to a 5...possibly 6 more but at least 5 more. I personally would rather be a 6 than a 5. And I think a 6 is probably better than a 4...unless we can get to DSM. If we can win some NCAA games I want to avoid the teams I see as 1 seeds. There are 3s and even 2s that I think we could beat...or someone might beat for us.

They are 20-6 Fry - Of course they aren't "All That" but they are one of the best 25 teams in the country. Go auger for 20 minutes straight and run a lap around the pond.

Yeah, not many teams with a better record than 20-6

I agree that we are a 6. I’m not sure how many wins we need to get to a 5...possibly 6 more but at least 5 more. I personally would rather be a 6 than a 5. And I think a 6 is probably better than a 4...unless we can get to DSM. If we can win some NCAA games I want to avoid the teams I see as 1 seeds. There are 3s and even 2s that I think we could beat...or someone might beat for us.

I saw a tweet from someone that said there has never been such a clear cut difference between the 1 seeds and the 2 seeds or the 2 seeds from everyone else. If that is true, a 6 seed is the best seed to make a run. But it will make it easier to get upset in the 1st round. I'm with you. I would rather have a little more risk in the 1st round for a way better chance to make a run.

There is a possibility that despite shooting 32.8% for the game and having multiple turnovers, against one of the top 5 teams in the Big, we led with under a minute to go in the game and had two shots to win. We were fouled on both last-second attempts and should have shot free throws on both or either one. Moss was lying on the floor, after being slammed hard, with time on the clock.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/matchup?gameId=401082413

Maryland was extremely fortunate to escape with a win. We played them well enough to overcome a double digit deficit and go lead in the last minute. That is is sign of a Good team, to overcome the negatives and keep playing hard to erase the Maryland lead. They know they dodged the bullet. This team is very good and will make the Dance and definitely play on Saturday. The possibility of playing the following week are good,

It all remains to be seen. I have confidence that this team will bounce back from a disheartening loss that was handed with white gloves to the terps by the zebras.

e81d64b127fe60dbb7625bb40f4e0b4c--grande-hotel-dark-circus.jpg

We outrebounded them, although we did Not get the most important rebound of the game, and they had three more turnovers than us.

If we had made 2 more free throws, the game was ours.

Onward to the victory over the Hoosiers tonight.

:cool: