24% from the field.

theboat

That is what the starters shot tonight. 10/41.

It’s a miracle that the game was close. And 3 of those were Tyler Cook dunks. 18% without those..

Really shooting % was everything tonight. Kreiner missed a semi-dunk/layup. Harder to set the press, Mary made transition points as a result. They did play good defense on us. And officials have clearly reached the point in the season where playing through physicality is critical. Can we respond to that? I think so but it's a mindset change.

That is what the starters shot tonight. 10/41.

It’s a miracle that the game was close. And 3 of those were Tyler Cook dunks. 18% without those..
This team, while fun to watch, ain’t all that.

People need to just face it.

Maryland deserves some credit. They watched the Rutgers film. They were up into our guards, up into Wiescamp.

We were throwing to spots we shouldn't have been because they got us sideways.

That pick and roll to Cook, I thought that was there more often. Just had to recognize better.

Indiana is going to have a scout of these last two games. They're going to try the same thing. Garza, are you listening? Or is it time to play last night's end of the game small lineup with more frequency?

Unfortunately i agree. This season has clearly been more fun than the last couple, but this is a team that very likely could lose in the first game of BTT and the NCAA.

Maryland deserves some credit. They watched the Rutgers film. They were up into our guards, up into Wiescamp.

We were throwing to spots we shouldn't have been because they got us sideways.

That pick and roll to Cook, I thought that was there more often. Just had to recognize better.

Indiana is going to have a scout of these last two games. They're going to try the same thing. Garza, are you listening? Or is it time to play last night's end of the game small lineup with more frequency?
I’m thinking Indiana is out of ammo after losing to Purdue.

Emotional letdown after a rivalry game.
Losing to your rival.
Losing to your rival at the end of the game.

Have to be mentally tough to come back from that. And Indiana hasn’t shown to be mentally tough.

So yeah, .... I’ve talked myself into Indiana beating Iowa.

Iowa is everyone else’s slump buster.

They are 20-6 Fry - Of course they aren't "All That" but they are one of the best 25 teams in the country. Go auger for 20 minutes straight and run a lap around the pond.

The way Iowa was clanging in the first half and throwing the ball around it looked like they were TOO jacked up.

And then it just got into their heads.

They are 20-6 Fry - Of course they aren't "All That" but they are one of the best 25 teams in the country. Go auger for 20 minutes straight and run a lap around the pond.
I never said they suck. They don't.

But people talking about a 5 or 6 seed are, in my opinion, out of their heads.

True Dat, they are not all that.

But if you'd have told me before the season they'd be 20-6/9-6, I do believe I would have taken it.

Some people have to piss on everything, it's in Fry's nature. He does this after each loss. I get it, its a coping mechanism that is not exclusive to him. He's watched enough Iowa sports to know that Iowa will likely never be "all that" in any sport- and so he NEVER loses in that scenario when saying things like that. He can fan how he wants to fan, but he's a realist. I appreciate it actually and I don't swim too hard against it anymore. I think we both now enjoy giving each other some shit.

I don't think anyone has been projecting "All that" results for this team. Maybe Windsor? I dunno, but I would say most are fairly level headed and if anything, more pessimistic on this team then any 20-6 caliber Iowa team that has ever played before it. Most Iowa fans know this team isn't "All that" but they are pretty good, entertaining to watch and they play their tails off. Which in a long season of CBB, is all you can ask for. They compete, hard.

They're not "All That" - Duke is better. So is UM, MSU, PU, WI, MD and several other teams. But make no mistake, being 20-6 in the B1G aint nothing to be ashamed of either but some posters are gonna try and sell you that.

I never said they suck. They don't.

But people talking about a 5 or 6 seed are, in my opinion, out of their heads.

Would a 5 or 6 seed in the dance be "All That"? I wouldn't consider that "All That" - Iowa is already at that level and still have a great shot at either of those seeds and last night didn't change that fact. I imagine they either don't move or fall, maybe climb in the net rankings. Just as they they didn't climb or fall when beating NW and Rutgers.

I didn't even want to look at the box score... I knew the shooting #s couldn't be good but damn... We can't say we deserved to win it. Nobody can argue that I don't think. I guess our O has been pretty good all year and we may have been 'due' for a clunker as a team. But still with as many guys as we have that can put the ball in the basket a night like this shouldn't happen. Not the end of the world by any means so long as we don't let it hold over and affect us going forward. Take out this frustration on Indiana next

We dropped from 25 to 28 in Kenpom. Win 4 out of 5 and we are a 6 IMO. We probably have to win out and make it to Saturday of BTT to get to a 4. I only care about a 4 if it gets us to DSM. If we can’t get DSM then I don’t care as long as we are no lower than 6.

Some people have to piss on everything, it's in Fry's nature. He does this after each loss. I get it, its a coping mechanism that is not exclusive to him. He's watched enough Iowa sports to know that Iowa will likely never be "all that" in any sport- and so he NEVER loses in that scenario when saying things like that. He can fan how he wants to fan, but he's a realist. I appreciate it actually and I don't swim too hard against it anymore. I think we both now enjoy giving each other some shit.

I don't think anyone has been projecting "All that" results for this team. Maybe Windsor? I dunno, but I would say most are fairly level headed and if anything, more pessimistic on this team then any 20-6 caliber Iowa team that has ever played before it. Most Iowa fans know this team isn't "All that" but they are pretty good, entertaining to watch and they play their tails off. Which in a long season of CBB, is all you can ask for. They compete, hard.

They're not "All That" - Duke is better. So is UM, MSU, PU, WI, MD and several other teams. But make no mistake, being 20-6 in the B1G aint nothing to be ashamed of either but some posters are gonna try and sell you that.
I’d need something to cope with if it was a coping mechanism.

I’m not sad or mad or anything else.

Latest posts