22 Year Old Kirkwood Student Owns Gary Barta

If you have to "clear out" and you don't like it, don't go downtown. Take your money to another town outside Iowa City and spend it elsewhere on food and drink in protest against the University and the City of Iowa City and Coralville. It is all pretty simple.

No one says you have to spend money in Iowa City or continue donating to the University if you are angry with their policies. It is YOUR money, spend it elsewhere. I'm sure other towns and (or) cities would love to see you spend your dollars there.

If businesses are hurt in Iowa City or Coralville or donations drop considerably, that is what people listen to...money. It is all pretty simple.

I hate it when people come into my office and complain. I ask them to come up with a solution rather than complain, complaining does nothing...solutions on the other hand...

Once again.......fans think that getting drunk is what Hawkeye Football is all about. Get a life.......

Once again let me try to explain this to you and fans like you. Not everyone that goes to a hawkeye football game live and die with every play. There are many fans who love the social aspect of an Iowa football game (mothers,girlfriends,wives, even in some cases their male counterparts). This does not mean they get fall down drunk. It means they all gather at a common place where you see people you don't normally see. Kind of a mini family reunion. There is nothing at all wrong with this. So I wonder who's the one who needs to get a life

I have lived in Coralville since 2001 and I walk to two or three games a year. Along the way I walk past a lot of people enjoying themselves. I have never had trouble from these so called "knuckleheads". 99.999% of the people I have met have been great.
The only trouble any of the people I or the people I tailgate with have had are with the non-drinking punks trying to start fights.

Did the number of arrests suddenly spike? Are we seeing people running around naked? What's a matter McGruff? Not enough real crimes? Don't like people having fun? Were we all on double secret probation and we didn't know it?

One of the great things about Iowa is that the vast majority of us can go and have fun without any trouble. This crackdown is rediculus.

Well I dont know about you guys but Im getting drunk Saturday and I will do a beer bong and dedicate it to Barta! Cheers!

He should have ended with "Iowa fans are not going to stand here and listen to you bad mouth Ricky Stanzi."

I don't follow...

With the additional new law brought on last year of no one <21 allowed in the bars. (it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek).

other real problem is forcing all attendee's to immediately leave after the PSU game. That will be the longest traffic snarl ever. There won't be any road rage going on there. I certainly don't follow that one!

Once again.......fans think that getting drunk is what Hawkeye Football is all about. Get a life.......

Once again, as long as I'm not disturbing you or your tailgate in any way... I don't tell you how to enjoy a Hawkeye game- don't tell me how to enjoy mine. YOU sir... should get a life or at least shut the F up.

BTW, they have made it so that there is now more room inside some of those establishments for deeper pocketed (older) patrons.

Hey, I love being a deep pocketed older patron. Empty nest is fabulous and yes, would have preferred to have been a deep pocketed young patron but that didn't work out.

Once again let me try to explain this to you and fans like you. Not everyone that goes to a hawkeye football game live and die with every play. There are many fans who love the social aspect of an Iowa football game (mothers,girlfriends,wives, even in some cases their male counterparts). This does not mean they get fall down drunk. It means they all gather at a common place where you see people you don't normally see. Kind of a mini family reunion. There is nothing at all wrong with this. So I wonder who's the one who needs to get a life

If what you say is the case.....that's great! I don't live and die with every play .....and I also enjoy meeting friends at Kinnick and Hangin' out before the game.

But walking around with an open container is ILLEGAL if you do it anyplace else......so why should it be off limits to enforce the law at a public place where history shows lots of people are known to get HAMMERED?!

It's those people who show up, get drunk, and now have made life miserable for the rest of you.

Don't vilify ME...........I'm not part of the drunk contingent of Hawkeye Nation who brought this to the Forefront!!!!

Blame those who think Hawkeye Football is about getting drunk with friends and having a good time.........if you wanna do that, there's plenty of Bars in Iowa City that can fulfill your need!!!!

Because according to you, I'm a knucklehead, my friends are knuckleheads, and the fans who make the university what it is are "knuckleheads."

You can't hold a whole people responsible for the behavior of a few irresponsible individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole college system? And if the whole college system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Mr. Barta:

Isn't this an indictment of our entire American society?

Here's how I would respond to the 22 Year Old Kirkwood Student:

You are the knucklehead. I'm the knucklehead. Your friends are the knuckleheads. My friends are the knuckleheads.

We aren't all normally knuckleheads. Those who are are a different problem. We are the problem that's being addressed because we sometimes get too drunk. We become knuckleheads on occasion. You can pretend that you're a teenager and Barta is your parents and you've never done anything wrong. Or you can grow up and deal with your drinking like an adult.

If your plan calls for you to be drunk before 6am, perhaps your doing it wrong. Stay in your little apartment and play beer pong with your friends until you pass out. Keep your smug little face out of public view where it belongs.

The only important thing is that us knuckleheads get with the program before our kids are teenagers.

And yes, this aspect of our educational institution and American society needs this indictment.

Once again, as long as I'm not disturbing you or your tailgate in any way... I don't tell you how to enjoy a Hawkeye game- don't tell me how to enjoy mine. YOU sir... should get a life or at least shut the F up.

Read my comment above......I'm not your enemy - you stay classy :)

Doesn't the fact that you pay for your spot to park afford you the luxury being able to legally consume beer? As long as you are of legal age and are not being over-the-top obnoxious, then as far as I'm concerned enjoy. If the music is too loud? Then the cop should politely ask them to turn it down. Most people would comply with a request if presented in a courteous manner.
Now if there are a-hole jerks being totally obnoxious & rude to the tailgaters around them then the cops should present themselves as the authority and take care of the offending individuals as deemed appropriate.
I liked things as they were, however there have been individuals that have gone too far. These people should be removed from the game and or tailgate until they are sober.

Latest posts