2023 Omaha Biliew

A friend's son played against his team. The dude is like 6'9". My friend said it was like watching an NBA player against high school kids.

Yeah why not move the kid up a level eh... What do the 5'10 kids or shorter trying to guard him get out of it or vice versa?

My son plays in the circuit around DSM and Beyond Ball is one of the teams included in these tournaments. Now my son is only a 7th grader, but we see a lot of 8th grade teams playing on the next court over. It is not unusual to see a player on each of these teams at the 8th grade level that are already 6’4”. Mostly, their coordination is still “catching up” to their bodies...

But 6’9”?!! Wow. Hope to see him at one of the upcoming tournaments.

There is another kid my 6’0” son played against who had that look, too. He plays on Iowa Elite’s team as a 7th grader and is 6’4”. He plays “up” on their 8th grade team, too. Don’t know much about him, yet, except that he just arrived in town from Chicago. He can really play. When I first saw him I was hoping he was on Elite’s High school aged team...

If I get any more info about these kids, I will report back.

Madison Spartans 14-U has some players to keep an eye on. Sam Bess goes about 6'4" and Quinton Lomack is a seventh grader playing up. Both can dunk. Ahrman Lewis is a deadly three point marksman. JayAllen Dayne is a widebody who's last name should sound familiar to those familiar with Big Ten Sports.

They will be in Iowa at least once next summer, at the Dubuque Loras shootout in early June. Keep an eye on Lomack, he's the one with the biggest potential.

This kid seems like a lock to go to Kentucky, Duke, UNC, etc. I don't see any way he stays in state.

Can you show me his jump shot? He looks impressive, but his handle is sloppy like Cook's was. If he can't shoot he is basically a Cook that likes to block.

Can you show me his jump shot? He looks impressive, but his handle is sloppy like Cook's was. If he can't shoot he is basically a Cook that likes to block.

Are you being serious in this response? Honest question. The kid is an 8th grader I'm not too worried about his sloppy handles at this point.

Latest posts