2022 B1G Championship Game - who's going?

MikeyLikesIowa

Yes, I know we still need to beat Nebraska to get there, but I feel pretty confident about that game. Nebraska's defense is nothing like Minnesota's and I thought our offense looked surprisingly competent today.

My brother says he wants to go. I think I'm going to go with him because this might be the last chance to go to one due to the planned restructure after next season.

I have a very good friend of mine who's a Buckeye fan. He bought two club-area tix last summer.

He basically offered me first dibs to purchase one if Iowa/Ohio State met in Indy.

We're both one game away from reality.

As an aside, we went to the 2015 B1G champ game. I was as crushed after as I was when Iowa lost to UNLV in Seattle. I'm ready to have another run at it!

Lol. No fucking way am I gonna drop 5 grand to go watch us get housed by OSU 64-6.

Idiots and their money are soon parted. Might as well light that money on fire and save the trip to the airport.

Lol. No fucking way am I gonna drop 5 grand to go watch us get housed by OSU 64-6.

Idiots and their money are soon parted. Might as well light that money on fire and save the trip to the airport.
I said in late September/early October that it will be Michigan and I will stand by it.

If I'm incorrect I will be the first to come clean and say so.

Agreed. How quickly we forget games that happened last month.

C'mon man....I'm no fool.... :)

...for me, it'll be an event, something I'll remember for a lifetime regardless of the score. (My buddy happened to get club seats, so this prole will be rubbing elbows with some elites).

Monetarily wise, I stopped getting season tickets four years ago because A). the "excise tax" irritated me, B). I felt as if I had to go to every game (felt forced), and C). I cherry pick the games I want to go to rather than sitting through watching us play SDSU in 90 degree heat. It works for me.

Unlike 2015, where I was anticipating seeing Iowa in the playoffs for probably the only time in my life, this time around, I have more reasonable expectations. It'll be entertaining without much drama.

It's also my bowl game this year.

Who's dropping $5K??! The tickets that were left when I checked last night were only $90. Besides, it's not necessarily about going to watch the Hawks win (which isn't impossible). It's about going there for the experience.

Who's dropping $5K??! The tickets that were left when I checked last night were only $90. Besides, it's not necessarily about going to watch the Hawks win (which isn't impossible). It's about going there for the experience.
I guess I’m thinking 2 people, but still…

The only tickets left from Ticketmaster at $90 are singles, and on stubhub it’s gonna cost you over $175 after fees for the most absolute nose bleeds in the corner. Cheapest plane ticket where I’m at to the Indy area is $622 with a layover in ATL, then you have Uber or a rental car, looks to me like the cheapest motel in the area is gonna be a couple hundred bucks and a drive to the outer edge. Meals, drinks, incidentals…no way in hell.

I will say this. I think Iowa can beat Michigan.....and Iowa had their chances at Kinnick.

What does the Ohio St game look like if Iowa does not turn the ball over on offense as much as they did? Iowa's defense played incredible ball in that game...especially in the first half.

Illinois took Michigan to the wire
Maryland took Ohio St to the wire

Ohio St may beat Iowa, but something tells me the game will be closer the 2nd time around.

I bought it up this morning, holy god you’d think I ask to get rid of the damn cat and several pairs of shoes that don’t even get worn anymore.

If Mich beats OSU and lands in the B1G Championship game and loses to Iowa (or any other West Div team), what does that do to the Big Ten's chances for getting in the playoffs?

Same could be said if OSU beats Mich, but loses to a West Div team.

I'm all in for OSU taking it all and playing in the national playoffs. I don't believe Mich will be a great representative.

Latest posts