2020 Recruiting Class - Ratings Bump

In all seriousness, remember when Fran couldn't recruit guards? With Joe T and Fredrick looking like they should have solid careers and a 4* PG/Combo coming in, it’s possible we are a guard oriented team in a couple years. Who knows, then we will probably be complaining that Fran has no great big guys.

I argued to anyone that would listen that Fran's success at recruiting certain positions was more random than some set in stone pattern that would follow him through his entire career.

Wow, I didn't think Ulis was so highly thought of. Fran has always been a great evaluator of talent. Problem is the guys he gets in on on blow up too quickly and they get offers from the blue bloods (see Tyler Ulis) before they are ready to commit to Iowa. Glad one finally worked out.

Glad Uhlis is now a 4 star by Rivals, but what would have caused him to jump up that much, since nobody has played team basketball for 2 1/2 months?
They don’t adjust the ratings that often. It’s possible that this was rivals update after the high school season.

This thread was originally started about 247 sports post season updates, so it’s two different sites.

Wow, I didn't think Ulis was so highly thought of. Fran has always been a great evaluator of talent. Problem is the guys he gets in on on blow up too quickly and they get offers from the blue bloods (see Tyler Ulis) before they are ready to commit to Iowa. Glad one finally worked out.
In fairness Garza did have a Louisville and Notre Dame offer.

I think one of the guards will be a multiple year starter, most likely Uhlis. The center seems like an Olseni type. Probably a little raw to start with, but definitely a guy that can contribute minutes throughout his career and develop into a starter on the back end. The twins seem like glue guys that may sort of border on starting/bench guys. With 5 guys you always expect some transfers/washouts, but I am going out on a limb and saying I think 4 of these guys graduate Hawkeyes. For all the handwringing about this class, I think it will be a solid nucleus with hopefully more star studded guys in the classes around them.

In fairness Garza did have a Louisville and Notre Dame offer.

Georgetown and Indiana as well, although they're both not the programs they once were. But still, what a huge get and one that has and is changing the trajectory of the Iowa bball program.

In all seriousness, remember when Fran couldn't recruit guards? With Joe T and Fredrick looking like they should have solid careers and a 4* PG/Combo coming in, it’s possible we are a guard oriented team in a couple years. Who knows, then we will probably be complaining that Fran has no great big guys.
At the same time we might be complaining that we sacrifice way too much time practicing defense where we rank #1 and our offense isn't even in the top 200 of NCAA teams.

Latest posts