2019 NCAA Iowa at Cincinatti in Columbus, Ohio, only 106 miles from Cincinatti prediction thread

Who wins, by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Clearly i am not a true Hawk fan because I could not bring myself to pick Iowa in my just completed bracket.:(

The Hawks are gonna roll Cincy. The conference that Cincy plays in has had a down year and they haven't played the level of teams Iowa has faced. We are gonna give it to our bigs down low and pile up the fouls on them. Then our outside game will open up. Look for us to get to the foul line early and often. Cook, Garza and Kreiner are gonna dominate the paint. I don't care what the forecasters are predicting, this tourney is gonna be a preclude to an even better season next year. Wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks beat Tennessee too! IOWA 85 CINCY 72

Hawks by at least a

R-13206852-1549925335-4879.jpeg.jpg

well, if Iowa - Cincinnati ends like this, I am thinking we are going to get the worst of it.........now I am hoping for a 10+ victory margin for Iowa as long as we avoid a TKO.............

I do believe we have a solid chance to Beat the Bearcats

Getting away from the Big Ten is a plus factor

IF, a large IF, the zebras call a fair game and do not permit Cincy from playing thugball

And we are not ice cold and nail about 35/40% of our threes

We will prevail

He have played teams similar to the bearcat style in the Big for three years now and should be ready for aggressive play

We must somehow contain that Cumberland dude though

I look into the crystal ball and see a Hawkeye Victory

They lost a home game to OSU by 8. They won a home game against UConn by 2 in OT.

Iowa won a home game against OSU by 10. Iowa beat UConn at a neutral site by 19.

Anyone know how far the game against UConn was from their campus?

We are 11-0 against teams not in the Big 10.

Cincinnati lost their last 2 regular season games to the other 2 decent teams in their conference...including a 69-85 loss to Houston at home on Senior Night in the season finale.

They beat Houston in the conference championship game after being swept in the regular season. And they scored the EXACT same 69 points. I watched some of that game and Houston couldn’t do anything right. They trailed by 3 at the half and shot 27.8 from the field in the 2nd half.

They are an NCAA staple, having been there 9 years in a row. This is a premier bball team year in and year out and are playing a home game. They play outstanding defense, which we have trouble with teams like this. The "X" factor: will we, and especially Conner McC fold under the defensive pressure of Cincy?

They are an NCAA staple, having been there 9 years in a row. This is a premier bball team year in and year out and are playing a home game. They play outstanding defense, which we have trouble with teams like this. The "X" factor: will we, and especially Conner McC fold under the defensive pressure of Cincy?
Actually I worry more about how TC handles the pressure. Cook could have 5 turnovers

Actually I worry more about how TC handles the pressure. Cook could have 5 turnovers

good point! I hope above all else, we can play RELAXED. I think we all remember a cpl yrs ago vs Villanova, hell, we couldn't even pass the ball or dribble it up court without turning it over. Can't do that vs Cincy and expect to win.

They lost a home game to OSU by 8. They won a home game against UConn by 2 in OT.

Iowa won a home game against OSU by 10. Iowa beat UConn at a neutral site by 19.

Anyone know how far the game against UConn was from their campus?

We are 11-0 against teams not in the Big 10.

Cincinnati lost their last 2 regular season games to the other 2 decent teams in their conference...including a 69-85 loss to Houston at home on Senior Night in the season finale.

They beat Houston in the conference championship game after being swept in the regular season. And they scored the EXACT same 69 points. I watched some of that game and Houston couldn’t do anything right. They trailed by 3 at the half and shot 27.8 from the field in the 2nd half.

You are looking at this one-sided. You are ignoring that Iowa has laid an egg against about everyone since late February.

The way the Hawks are playing, we lose by 15.

If the Hawks play like we have seen on the good days, Iowa by 7.

I foresee 5-6 Hawkeyes with a combined 9+ 3-pointers in this game, with Wiesy having a big-big day.
My biggest concern is T Cook forcing things too much on the big stage, trying to impress the scouts.
Hopefully Tyler will stay composed and then just posterize some chump and make the montage highlight tape at the end of the tournament!
Cincy is good, but their Defense isn't. Iowa for the win with 77+ points this game.
My two cents - GO HAWKS!

I do believe we have a solid chance to Beat the Bearcats

Getting away from the Big Ten is a plus factor

IF, a large IF, the zebras call a fair game and do not permit Cincy from playing thugball

And we are not ice cold and nail about 35/40% of our threes

We will prevail

He have played teams similar to the bearcat style in the Big for three years now and should be ready for aggressive play

We must somehow contain that Cumberland dude though

I look into the crystal ball and see a Hawkeye Victory
My fear is Iowa does not shoot well if they have any pressure on them. Michigan was able to make ever shot a contested shot and Iowa couldn't finish. Cincinnati has the athletes to follow Michigan's blueprint. Hopefully JBo doesn't look so tired and is shot- hunting, we absolutely need him to do this to stretch the defense.

Latest posts