2018 and beyond - a wandering and degenerated thread

Agree. Rugumba looked better yesterday.

Hankins, Stone, and Hooker .... wow!
Geezus fellas fucking everyone looked better yesterday! Nebby just sucked and had no pulse, unfortunately our true play and players look like you seen in the games where the competition had a pulse!

This team should contend for the West next year. I don't know how much Wisconsin loses but they have a lot harder schedule next year @ Iowa, Northwestern, Mich., PSU. Iowa's toughest road game is at PSU and gets Wisky, Northwestern & Neb. at home. Iowa also doesn't play Mich. or OSU next year.

Wisconsin starts 10 seniors on defense, they have lot of rebuilding to do there. Northwestern loses the QB and the RB Jackson at least.

Instead of contending Iowa should win the West next year.
I bet you right now we go 6-6, 7-5 at best! We'll miss those LB's more than you know!

My bigger concern by far is DT. We have to keep in mind that when the LBs struggle next season, it won't be just on them, but the drop-off at tackle.

Lattimore is going to have to take a big step forward after a forgetful season. Bazata and Hulett will be gone. Rieff is a workhorse but undersized. Matt Nelson doesn't have a quick-twitch muscle in his body, and has an overly high center of gravity for inside. Garret Jansen? Nixon may or may not end up here. Linderbaum and Shannon will be true freshman.

My guess is we'll see Eppy moved inside a lot next season, a la, Ballard. It may not be the best way to take advantage of his skill set but the staff probably doesn't have much choice. Brincks probably will be moved inside as well, but he doesn't move much better than Nelson.

The ideal scenario would be a big step up from Lattimore, off-season weight and strength gains from Reiff, and Nixon actually enrolling and keeping his academics in order. Throw in some rotational mixes with Epenesa, and it could work, but the stars will have to align.

I bet you right now we go 6-6, 7-5 at best! We'll miss those LB's more than you know!
That’s how we felt about the defensive secondary this year. They turned out fine. It’s really hard to predict how that will turn out. I have more confidence in the defense to fill the gaps next year than I would the offense.

My bigger concern by far is DT. We have to keep in mind that when the LBs struggle next season, it won't be just on them, but the drop-off at tackle.

Lattimore is going to have to take a big step forward after a forgetful season. Bazata and Hulett will be gone. Rieff is a workhorse but undersized. Matt Nelson doesn't have a quick-twitch muscle in his body, and has an overly high center of gravity for inside. Garret Jansen? Nixon may or may not end up here. Linderbaum and Shannon will be true freshman.

My guess is we'll see Eppy moved inside a lot next season, a la, Ballard. It may not be the best way to take advantage of his skill set but the staff probably doesn't have much choice. Brincks probably will be moved inside as well, but he doesn't move much better than Nelson.

The ideal scenario would be a big step up from Lattimore, off-season weight and strength gains from Reiff, and Nixon actually enrolling and keeping his academics in order. Throw in some rotational mixes with Epenesa, and it could work, but the stars will have to align.
I’m also thinking Epenesa will play inside a lot, which I really like. If someone else can hold the perimeter, I’d love his one goal on passing plays to be getting to the quarterback.

That’s how we felt about the defensive secondary this year. They turned out fine. It’s really hard to predict how that will turn out. I have more confidence in the defense to fill the gaps next year than I would the offense.

I think there will be a drop off. I don't think that's a debate. How much is anyone's guess. I think if the D line steps up we miss them less. If the D line is just average. The linebackers become a bigger issue.

I’m also thinking Epenesa will play inside a lot, which I really like. If someone else can hold the perimeter, I’d love his one goal on passing plays to be getting to the quarterback.

I like the upside on Epensa. I think he plays where ever he's needed. He made a big impact as a freshmen. And now he gets a whole off season with Doyle. And that is always a big plus.

Geezus fellas fucking everyone looked better yesterday! Nebby just sucked and had no pulse, unfortunately our true play and players look like you seen in the games where the competition had a pulse!
Your reading comprehension needs to be better than what the players look like you you seen in games where the competition had a pulse.

Speaking of the which, does OSU, PSU and ISU have a pulse?

Your reading comprehension needs to be better than what the players look like you you seen in games where the competition had a pulse.

Speaking of the which, does OSU, PSU and ISU have a pulse?
Oh, sorry. I haven't been able to comprehend things that well the last Nineteen years! After the games you referenced it's even harder for me to accept the struggles in the other games. Thanks for pointing that out. That's why I come on here to get some insight from fellow hawk fans and different prospective. I never have felt a need though to point out spelling, punctuation or anyone's short falls. I guess I'm good at reading between their lines or what they meant. I know now why I haven't been getting any gold stars on HN, we're being graded by English Majors.

I would feel better if we could of seen a little more from the upcoming backers but we had to play our starters more because of struggling in games we shouldn't of. I agree with your offensive assessment and hope the fashes we did see will be more consistent.

This team should contend for the West next year. I don't know how much Wisconsin loses but they have a lot harder schedule next year @ Iowa, Northwestern, Mich., PSU. Iowa's toughest road game is at PSU and gets Wisky, Northwestern & Neb. at home. Iowa also doesn't play Mich. or OSU next year.

Wisconsin starts 10 seniors on defense, they have lot of rebuilding to do there. Northwestern loses the QB and the RB Jackson at least.

Instead of contending Iowa should win the West next year.

Wisconsin has 6 SRs starting on defense. They’ll have some holes to fill but they also have plenty of good players coming back. On offense they only lose their TE and FB although their LT will be 1st team all conference and is a RS JR so its possible he leaves. But that OL will be fantastic next year

Wisconsin has 6 SRs starting on defense. They’ll have some holes to fill but they also have plenty of good players coming back. On offense they only lose their TE and FB although their LT will be 1st team all conference and is a RS JR so its possible he leaves. But that OL will be fantastic next year
I also think they lost all their starting LB's to and you wouldn't of known it.

I went through a depth chart and looked at each players year on the roster and I found 10 seniors on the defense.

Oh, sorry. I haven't been able to comprehend things that well the last Nineteen years! After the games you referenced it's even harder for me to accept the struggles in the other games. Thanks for pointing that out. That's why I come on here to get some insight from fellow hawk fans and different prospective. I never have felt a need though to point out spelling, punctuation or anyone's short falls. I guess I'm good at reading between their lines or what they meant. I know now why I haven't been getting any gold stars on HN, we're being graded by English Majors.
Sorry snowflake. You’re wrong.

First, I didn’t point out spelling or punctuation short falls. I said you’re comprehension was poor. You proved it again. Thanks.

Second, you do point out anyone else’s short falls. You point out the players’ all the time. And you pointed out how silly my post and another person’s was because we said Stone looks impressive and Rugumba looked a little better this week.

So you ripped on the players and took us to task for saying they looked better against Nebraska.

And that’s where you failed to comprehend in context — Nebraska has looked pretty good offensively most of the season and Iowa’s DBs did a job against them when other B1G opponents + Oregon didn’t.

But you were in too big of a hurry to bash Iowa instead of enjoying the game and letting a little bit of praise spill out.

So stop with the marty act.

Wasn't Colbert moved to LEO in the fall? He could be another one to add to the mix.
http://hawkeyesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8218

A look at the linebackers ......

Sorry snowflake. You’re wrong.

First, I didn’t point out spelling or punctuation short falls. I said you’re comprehension was poor. You proved it again. Thanks.

Second, you do point out anyone else’s short falls. You point out the players’ all the time. And you pointed out how silly my post and another person’s was because we said Stone looks impressive and Rugumba looked a little better this week.

So you ripped on the players and took us to task for saying they looked better against Nebraska.

And that’s where you failed to comprehend in context — Nebraska has looked pretty good offensively most of the season and Iowa’s DBs did a job against them when other B1G opponents + Oregon didn’t.

But you were in too big of a hurry to bash Iowa instead of enjoying the game and letting a little bit of praise spill out.

So stop with the marty act.

My original reply to your message was the following and was a statement:

(Geezus fellas fucking everyone looked better yesterday! Nebby just sucked and had no pulse, unfortunately our true play and players look like you seen in the games where the competition had a pulse!)

It was never personally directed to you but was a spawn off of the conversation you were having. You talk about the ability to comprehend it must be you as you could not read into my comment and take the fact that I was agreeing that besides the players you mentioned there were other players playing well too and mostly do to the fact of a Husker team that was going through motions and not fully giving their all. I now see you are the type of individual that has to have things completely spelled out as you do not have the ability to comprehend as you call it to take things at face value. I like the snowflake comment though, it shows to us all here that you really have to be treated with kid gloves and feel slighted at any notion that someone is personally attacking you. I kind of think you also show us who the real snowflake is as you have now felt the need to insult me twice and I've yet to insult you. I'm just showing everyone that what you say I am you are yourself and I do feel sorry you have such an inferiority complex. With that I know you'll reply again because your the type and with that complex do! Enjoy your fun and LD syndrome as You win!

My original reply to your message was the following and was a statement:

(Geezus fellas fucking everyone looked better yesterday! Nebby just sucked and had no pulse, unfortunately our true play and players look like you seen in the games where the competition had a pulse!)

It was never personally directed to you but was a spawn off of the conversation you were having. You talk about the ability to comprehend it must be you as you could not read into my comment and take the fact that I was agreeing that besides the players you mentioned there were other players playing well too and mostly do to the fact of a Husker team that was going through motions and not fully giving their all. I now see you are the type of individual that has to have things completely spelled out as you do not have the ability to comprehend as you call it to take things at face value. I like the snowflake comment though, it shows to us all here that you really have to be treated with kid gloves and feel slighted at any notion that someone is personally attacking you. I kind of think you also show us who the real snowflake is as you have now felt the need to insult me twice and I've yet to insult you. I'm just showing everyone that what you say I am you are yourself and I do feel sorry you have such an inferiority complex. With that I know you'll reply again because your the type and with that complex do! Enjoy your fun and LD syndrome as You win!
ROFL!
Yes my comprehension is bad. I never conceived the idea that ripping on players by saying that

“Nebby just sucked and had no pulse, unfortunately our true play and players look like what you seen when teams had a pulse!”

is saying that Iowa players had a good game against Nebraska.

But if you spend that much ink saying you’re not a snowflake and the other guy is a snowflake then

really, You are the snowflake.

ROFL!
Yes my comprehension is bad. I never conceived the idea that ripping on players by saying that

“Nebby just sucked and had no pulse, unfortunately our true play and players look like what you seen when teams had a pulse!”

is saying that Iowa players had a good game against Nebraska.

But if you spend that much ink saying you’re not a snowflake and the other guy is a snowflake then

really, You are the snowflake.

Priceless I knew you'd respond Thanks for the entertainment!

Latest posts