2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

Well, less than 30 days until pitchers report and still some big names out there. I have to believe Theo is patiently waiting to steal a guy and maybe pull something like he did with Fowler a couple years ago. Still may need a 5th OF, although Zobrist could play out there a lot this year. However he can't cover the ground he used to. Also need another SP preferably. I really hope this Chatwood signing pans out and he is a sneaky good signing for us. I have a feeling he may surprise some folks this year.

Well, less than 30 days until pitchers report and still some big names out there. I have to believe Theo is patiently waiting to steal a guy and maybe pull something like he did with Fowler a couple years ago. Still may need a 5th OF, although Zobrist could play out there a lot this year. However he can't cover the ground he used to. Also need another SP preferably. I really hope this Chatwood signing pans out and he is a sneaky good signing for us. I have a feeling he may surprise some folks this year.
I've been hearing we are still in the hunt for Jake. Have you heard anything?

I've been hearing we are still in the hunt for Jake. Have you heard anything?

I've heard that as well. I've also heard they're still in on Darvish. I would prefer Darvish, but I'd be happy either way as long as it's not an overly long contract. I'd be intrigued if they signed Cobb, but it sounds like he still has delusions of grandeur as far as what he's worth. This offseason has been frustratingly slow. I don't know what teams and players are waiting for at this point.

I've heard that as well. I've also heard they're still in on Darvish. I would prefer Darvish, but I'd be happy either way as long as it's not an overly long contract. I'd be intrigued if they signed Cobb, but it sounds like he still has delusions of grandeur as far as what he's worth. This offseason has been frustratingly slow. I don't know what teams and players are waiting for at this point.
Supposedly teams are slow playing and possibly saving $ for next years free agency. That's just what I've read anyway. The offer for Jake is a 4 year contract.

Supposedly teams are slow playing and possibly saving $ for next years free agency. That's just what I've read anyway. The offer for Jake is a 4 year contract.

Next year's class is part of it. Also teams are just finally wising up after seeing so many big time deals for pitchers end up terrible. A pitcher's life span is only so long, and there are more guys than ever throwing gas now coming up. It says a lot that neither Jake nor Yu has signed. I think 4 years is the max either gets unless a team just gets desperate. I think Theo is still in the hunt for both.