2014 PG recruit Tyler Ulis visiting this weekend

Well, I think the size will scare everyone which gives Iowa a shot at him. I'm fine with his size because he has "quicks" that Iowa needs. He has the ability to get in the lane quickly and as he said he is a pass first player. So I think it would be really good on offense. I get a bit concerned about his size on defense, but hey, you can't do anything about size and I'd like to see how good this kid could be.

I talked about this in the other thread but he would be a great get for Iowa. If you had him and Clemmons manning the point, this would allow Gesell to stay at the 2 where he is more potent. It would also make us a quicker team and get us more fast break points. Then if he hits a late growth spurt it is even better.

I talked about this in the other thread but he would be a great get for Iowa. If you had him and Clemmons manning the point, this would allow Gesell to stay at the 2 where he is more potent. It would also make us a quicker team and get us more fast break points. Then if he hits a late growth spurt it is even better.

The stone has been cast with gesell being the pg. Looks like he is the rest of this yr with clemmons as the back up. And next yr will be more of the same. Gesell has a higher ceiling as a pg than a 2 guard. 6'1 2guards typically struggle. Gesell is our best pg and with jok coming in to become the 2 guard and uthoff will be a 3/4 type. Both will be better at their spots than clemmons at the pg. Plus jok will be a better 2 than gesell.

Because of size this kid would probably rs and then learn as a mop up time man.

The stone has been cast with gesell being the pg. Looks like he is the rest of this yr with clemmons as the back up. And next yr will be more of the same. Gesell has a higher ceiling as a pg than a 2 guard. 6'1 2guards typically struggle. Gesell is our best pg and with jok coming in to become the 2 guard and uthoff will be a 3/4 type. Both will be better at their spots than clemmons at the pg. Plus jok will be a better 2 than gesell.

Because of size this kid would probably rs and then learn as a mop up time man.

No borderline top 100 recruit is going to redshirt, especially a guard, and redshirting him isn't going to make him grow taller. Gesell and Clemmons will share the court a lot in the coming years with Mike playing the 2 spot.

No borderline top 100 recruit is going to redshirt, especially a guard, and redshirting him isn't going to make him grow taller. Gesell and Clemmons will share the court a lot in the coming years with Mike playing the 2 spot.

I meant for his wt...I think he weighs similar to marcus paige who needed a yr to add weight.

Gesell will play a little at the 2 but I guarantee his main minutes come at the pg. He is a better pg in the long term than 2 guard. If that wasn't true he would still be at the 2 guard right now...but he is our starting pg...I have a feeling we have seen one of the last starts for clemmons...and I think he will be a great pg off the bench I am not saying clemmons is bad. We just have better players at other positions and gesell is a better pg.

I meant for his wt...I think he weighs similar to marcus paige who needed a yr to add weight.

Gesell will play a little at the 2 but I guarantee his main minutes come at the pg. He is a better pg in the long term than 2 guard. If that wasn't true he would still be at the 2 guard right now...but he is our starting pg...I have a feeling we have seen one of the last starts for clemmons...and I think he will be a great pg off the bench I am not saying clemmons is bad. We just have better players at other positions and gesell is a better pg.

Mike is at the pg now because Clemmons has been inconsistent in his decision making and his defensive rotation hasn't been there. Both of those things can be learned and if they do, next year our best lineup would be to have Clemmons at the point, Mike at the 2, Marble at the 3, White at the 4 and Woody at the 5. Jok will need a year and Uthoff can back up Marble and White and slide into the starting spot when Marble graduates. A developmental program like Iowa HAS to have starting rotation with mostly upperclassmen. Otherwise you end up with years like this year because the young talent just isn't good enough or consistent enough on a night in/night out basis.

This kid has a shot at winning Player of the Year in IL. He is fabulous and would make a HUGE statement that Iowa is on the map to basketball players in Chicago.

That is actually the first video I have seen of him. He isn't as quick as I thought he would be but he does have some great handles and a sweet shot from anywhere inside the halfcourt stripe. And he would need to bulk up some to play in the B1G but I think he could do it.

I thought he was pretty quick with a nice crossover. Not sure what you expected.

I guess my idea of quick changed in the last two years after watching Baylor play a few times. But he does have a great cross over and a smooth as silk jumper.

Yikes, 5'8" 150 is pretty tiny. He'd have to grow 4 inches and add 40 lbs to survive the B1G.

Size isn't everything, Gabe O. has plenty of size and can't play a lick. This kid can play. He's been getting his shot against bigger kids his whole life. He'll ad weight as all kids do at this stage of their life,

Size isn't everything, Gabe O. has plenty of size and can't play a lick. This kid can play. He's been getting his shot against bigger kids his whole life. He'll ad weight as all kids do at this stage of their life,

C'mon man. I know Gabe hasn't been spectacular by any means, but to say that he "can't play a lick"?

This kid will come in in 2014...let's take a look at what we will have that yr:

1) gesell (jr), clemmons (jr)
2) jok (so), ingram (jr), ogelsby (sr)
3) uthoff (jr)
4) white (sr), meyer (so)
5) woodbury (jr), olaseni (sr/jr)

We need some depth on the wing (3) and a young pg and a big man. Clemmons will be the 6th man and gesell will play some at the 2 along with jok playing some at the 3 and white some at the 3. The only way I see clemmons back in the starting lineup (barring injury) is if uthoff or jok doesn't end up being as good as I project they will be.

This will allow ulis or whatever pg we get to learn in mop up or rs. Gesell is the best pg on the roster. He is starting because he is better and basabe at the 4 is better than clemmons at the 1. Uthoff or basabe will start next year and keep clemmons on the bench. Then in 2014 my money is on jok and uthoff starting to keep clemmons on the bench. This is about the talent coming in not that clemmons is bad. In fact I believe he could be the best 6th man in the b1g during the 2014 season.

This kid will come in in 2014...let's take a look at what we will have that yr:

1) gesell (jr), clemmons (jr)
2) jok (so), ingram (jr), ogelsby (sr)
3) uthoff (jr)
4) white (sr), meyer (so)
5) woodbury (jr), olaseni (sr/jr)

We need some depth on the wing (3) and a young pg and a big man. Clemmons will be the 6th man and gesell will play some at the 2 along with jok playing some at the 3 and white some at the 3. The only way I see clemmons back in the starting lineup (barring injury) is if uthoff or jok doesn't end up being as good as I project they will be.

This will allow ulis or whatever pg we get to learn in mop up or rs. Gesell is the best pg on the roster. He is starting because he is better and basabe at the 4 is better than clemmons at the 1. Uthoff or basabe will start next year and keep clemmons on the bench. Then in 2014 my money is on jok and uthoff starting to keep clemmons on the bench. This is about the talent coming in not that clemmons is bad. In fact I believe he could be the best 6th man in the b1g during the 2014 season.

I see a starting lineup of:

PG Clemmons
SG Gesell
SF Uthoff
PF White
C Woodbury

I see a starting lineup of:

PG Clemmons
SG Gesell
SF Uthoff
PF White
C Woodbury

I would have agreed a month ago. As it is Basabe has really upped his game. I think the bulb has clicked for him, and he is having fun, playing lose but tough, and he won't be coming out of the starting lineup again.

Latest posts