2014 Off-season Basketball Thread

I saw the thread title about Dickerson being AA. I posted before I saw it was actually third team AA. I didn't even realize they went to third team for Juco. I think it is safe to say that White is our top returner strictly on past performances, but guys like Gesell, Uthoff, or JO could make a push with a good offseason.
The question I have about White is his ability to lead this team offensively. He's great in transition and with his drives to the hoop. But those can and were taken away in games this year. Because of this, I think someone else is likely to lead the team offensively.

Then who are the candidates to lead the team offensively? White can't be consistent enough in his offensive game. Gesell will be a key trigger man and secondary scorer. JO will be an important force from the outside but I don't see him in the Stauskas category. Uthoff is a possibility but he needs to grow in confidence and assertion. Jok has the aggressive offensive instincts and tools but needs consistency. Woodbury has the ability to change how defenses play us with the way he scored vs TN and IL.

I think TD is a candidate because his quickness brings in a new dimension sorely lacking in the team last year. It seems to me that there are indications in Fran's recruiting and past line-ups that TD might start beside Gesell. We are still definitely recruiting Glynn Watson for 2015; he would be our 4th PG in that class. Clemmons underachieved this year but he has shown no signs of leaving with TD's coming on board and in fact has even expressed a mea culpa as to his lack of PT. You don't sign 4 PGs for the same year without expecting to start 2 of them and selling them on that idea when they are recruited. This would actually be in the pattern of Fran's starting guards the past 3 years, which had 2 guys with PG skills: RDM/Gesell, Cartwright. Yes, TD was 'only' a 3rd team D1 Juco All American. But 247 Sports had him in the top 10 JUCOs and #1 PG http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege for a reason which you will know if you look at his vids.

Here's a nice example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rfZsccXWMI#t=379

I'm looking forward to PTL to see signs of improvement in all of these guys. Above all, we've got some nice competition which is bound to bring some cream to the top.

Last edited:

Latest posts