2013 Key Class?

ICHAWK

Is 2013 the true "important class" for Fran?

Next year:

PG Gesell, Clemmons
SG Marble, Oglesby, Ingram
SF May, White
PF Basabe, McCabe, Meyer
C Woodburry, Olaseni

I really don't if next years roster is leaps and bounds better than this year. I was thinking this years team would win 16-17 games. By the looks of things right now this years team might be a 12-13 win team.

I would hope the 2012-2013 team can hit the 17 win mark. Eric May is what he is so he will not get any better. I think what you see is what you get with McCabe, he plays hard but really is not going to carry the team. He can give you some good hard minutes and he is not afraid to foul ha,ha... I think White could be a solid piece if he gets stronger used to college ball. I like his length/all around game.

If that is the case 2012-2013 is not much better but we can hope the team plays closer games and plays with more consistency.

I think that the 2013 class might be the true beginning of getting things going in the right direction.

It is nice to talk about a 2012 top 25 class but I think things really hinge on the 2013 class.

What do you think?

2013 is a huge class. I really don't think next years class is gonna light the world on fire its first year. We have to be patient and atleast give fran 4 years to prove himself.

I bet you a hundy May doesnt start next year
I was not really trying say who would start. Mainly made a chart to get the depth so I did not miss anyone. I put only players who will play not walk on guys and what not.

My apologies... I am on a short leash with all this Fran bashing. I stopped reading you're post after I saw May as "starting" in my eyes. I shall go read it.

2013 is a huge class. I really don't think next years class is gonna light the world on fire its first year. We have to be patient and atleast give fran 4 years to prove himself.

I am all for giving him time. He seems to be at least targeting good players. It will take time to turn over the roster.

I mean this is what you have to deal with. In theory when he got the job he could have nicely told guys to leave and not recruit any of the guys who had signed on with Lick, found JUCO guys and then recruited 4 year guys that he really wanted. He chose to keep everyone and part of that means slowly clearing the roster.

We are going to be bigger, stronger & faster next year at every position. The team will be a perfect blueprint of what an NCAA caliber team looks like. A fast PG that can penetrate. A wing that can penetrate and has athletic skills, a taller wing (SF) that is athletic and get to the rim, a PF that has bulk and can knock somebody on their *** when they need to and a C that is taller than 6 mother ******* feet 7" and can play interior defense to keep the opposing teams honest.

Yes the kids are going to be young. Every starter on the team will likely be a Fresh or Sophomore with the only exception being Marble. That's young and they are going to make mistakes but they are going to win.

This is Frans second year. He landed a top 25 recruiting class for a reason. He will add another great class in the offseason. The Lick era will be purged at years end.

Is 2013 the true "important class" for Fran?Next year:pG Gesell, ClemmonsSG Marble, Oglesby, IngramSF May, WhitePF Basabe, McCabe, MeyerC Woodburry, OlaseniI really don't if next years roster is leaps and bounds better than this year. I was thinking this years team would win 16-17 games. By the looks of things right now this years team might be a 12-13 win team.I would hope the 2012-2013 team can hit the 17 win mark. Eric May is what he is so he will not get any better. I think what you see is what you get with McCabe, he plays hard but really is not going to carry the team. He can give you some good hard minutes and he is not afraid to foul ha,ha... I think White could be a solid piece if he gets stronger used to college ball. I like his length/all around game.If that is the case 2012-2013 is not much better but we can hope the team plays closer games and plays with more consistency.I think that the 2013 class might be the true beginning of getting things going in the right direction. It is nice to talk about a 2012 top 25 class but I think things really hinge on the 2013 class.What do you think?

Hair/Lick ran this program into the ground. We get athletes next year that can run Fran's system.

I over estimated the team this year like the rest of us. I still think we can get it together this season and that is just my trust in Fran(obviously a bs reason to most) that being said we have to give Fran some time. If we are still getting shelled in non conference play in 2013 then we have problems

I like that we got Gessell and Woodbury but Fran needs to bring in some top non-Iowa talent too....

We are going to be bigger, stronger & faster next year at every position. The team will be a perfect blueprint of what an NCAA caliber team looks like. A fast PG that can penetrate. A wing that can penetrate and has athletic skills, a taller wing (SF) that is athletic and get to the rim, a PF that has bulk and can knock somebody on their *** when they need to and a C that is taller than 6 mother ******* feet 7" and can play interior defense to keep the opposing teams honest.Yes the kids are going to be young. Every starter on the team will likely be a Fresh or Sophomore with the only exception being Marble. That's young and they are going to make mistakes but they are going to win.This is Frans second year. He landed a top 25 recruiting class for a reason. He will add another great class in the offseason. The Lick era will be purged at years end.

you don't think Basabe starts next year??

The funny thing is that the guys this team really needs are at the back of your list. Meyer, Ingram, and Clemons. These are the guys that are markably different players for Iowa.

Guards that a quick enough to Guard and a PF that is big enough to hold post position.

In this day and age, your first 3 classes will pretty much seal your fate as a coach. So for Fran and Fred, the 2012 and 2013 will be their most important.

Most coaches will be lucky to get 4-5 years to turn around a program, so you need to add talent sooner rather than later. Both Fred and Fran will probably get 5, unless things unravel quickly because of the messes they inherited.

The first two classes are in the books. 2013 is highly important as well.

I know this isn't 2013, but anyone hear anything about Peter Jok, I saw we offered him

Jok is part of the 2013 class.

He's playing at West Des Moines Valley this year and has started off the season a little bit slow, as he's been hampered by an injury. We'll know more after Christmas when he is (hopefully) back to full strength.

I can already tell that next year is setting up for a huge failure. We might want to wait and see if the recruits can play college bball before we start talking how they are ready to take the NCAA by storm. Woodbury is not Jared sullinger and Gesell is not Harrison Barnes.

I guess its true that rating stars and top 20 classes don't matter until you have them.

Latest posts