2013 footbal schedule (Way to early predictions)

hawkfarmer

Northern Illinois (Toss up, but I say win, but could eaily be a loss)
Missouri State (Win)
@Iowa State (Loss)
W. Michigan (Win)
@Minny (Win)
MSU (Loss)
@OSU (blowout loss)
NW (Loss)
Wisky (Loss)
@Purdue (Win, but could easily be a loss)
Michigan (Loss, not remotely close)
@Nebby (Big loss)

That is actually relatively optimistic, really there are a few games that could go either way (MSU, Minny, NIU, ISU, Purdue, maybe even NW) but I feel confident in these picks right now. Even if everybody comes back healthy (or without transfer) which we know won't happen.

so that is 5-7, but could easily be 4-8 or even 3-9

Keep GD around another year because KF knows the schedule is brutal. Somebody has to pay the piper. (Most would think that payment is due after this year but not at lil ol Iowa) GD will be the scapegoat and sent to be sacrificed again after next year. KF will live on!

#POUNDSHEADINWALL

Northern Illinois (Loss)
Missouri State (Win)
@Iowa State (Loss)
W. Michigan (Win)
@Minny (Win)
MSU (Loss)
@OSU (Loss)
NW (Loss)
Wisky (Loss)
@Purdue (Loss)
Michigan (Loss)
@Nebby (Loss)

2-2 in OOC games. Minnesota and Purdue are toss up games so I gave us a 1-1 record between them. I don't see us winning any other games in the B1G. Could get very ugly next year.

3-9 is my prediction right now for 2013. After KF presser next spring I might change it to 4-8.....

As of right now, it looks like another 4-8 season:

Wins - Missouri St, Western Mich, Minnesota, Michigan St
Losses - Northern Ill, ISU (again!!!), OSU, NW, Wisconsin, Purdue, Mich, Nebraska.

I think an inexperienced quarterback will have trouble winning on the road other than a Minnesota or possibly Purdue.

Simple probability analysis says another ~4 win season is very likely. 3 is the floor, 7 appears to be the ceiling, with the median being between 4 and 5. Iowa will need to over-achieve to get to a bowl game.

It's hard to say with so many young factors next year. We will need a bunch of young guys to step up to make it a good season. QB play has got to be better.

Start digging!

Fill-the-hole.jpg

Keep GD around another year because KF knows the schedule is brutal. Somebody has to pay the piper. (Most would think that payment is due after this year but not at lil ol Iowa) GD will be the scapegoat and sent to be sacrificed again after next year. KF will live on!

#POUNDSHEADINWALL

You give him way too much credit. The reality is that he doesn't see the problem and actually believes that it is almost tehre. :(

Last edited:
Am I the only one looking at next years schedule seeing only 1 for sure win next year (Missouri State)? If the coaches and talent are bad enough to lose to Central Michigan at home then playing NIU and W Michigan at home are no gimmes either.

I have us losing for sure vs at Nebby,vs Michigan,at OSU....the other 9 games we could win any of them.

Easy to be doom and gloom right now,but I see us as improved at almost every position with experience and maturity in many young players that gained experience this year.

I will say 8-4.

I have us losing for sure vs at Nebby,vs Michigan,at OSU....the other 9 games we could win any of them.

Easy to be doom and gloom right now,but I see us as improved at almost every position with experience and maturity in many young players that gained experience this year.

I will say 8-4.

Its also easy to shoot, "oh we can win all of these games and be 8-4" out of your ***.

I will say 8-4.
So you think the offense will get better under a QB with zero D-1 starts in a system that failed last season? Which WR's do you think will step up and gel with this offense?

I will say 8-4.

I like your enthusiasm, but I like to back up my opinions with what I have seen in the past. Though I think the team can improve, the schedule does not favor it at all. I can see anywhere from 3-6 wins, with 3 being the bottom and 6 the max, but I think 5 is optimisitic, yet realistic.

So you think the offense will get better under a QB with zero D-1 starts in a system that failed last season? Which WR's do you think will step up and gel with this offense?

Try zero D1 SNAPS

I'll say 6-6. A lot of toss-ups on that schedule. I'd go with the OP's predictions plus a possible win against ISU (they're losing a lot) or a surprise win against MSU, Northwestern, or Wisconsin.

Latest posts