2013: Do or Die for Ferentz

First of all, you don't have to read the thread. That's your choice. If you know what it is going to say then don't read it.

Second, the reason you keep seeing threads like this is because there are a lot of people who feel the same way as the OP. Like it or not the message boards are for people to express their opinion and encourage discussion.

Finally, while I don't completely agree with the OP, it is time for Ferentz to show some improvement. The team has been gradually getting worse. The further it slides the harder it will be to revive. If we see a similar performance next year I do believe Ferentz will be gone.

Actually I think it's a matter of his youngest son being at Iowa as the biggest factor. Iowa can't afford to buy him out NUMERO UNO and he's going to stay there so his youngest son gets to start at a D1 program. He's a solid family guy. I think all that aside he has an ego whether you see it in a presser or not. He is going to be hungry to do better next year and the year after. BUT the program is clearly falling from the skies..literally.

You are so dumb. Why do you assume Steven will start? Name an O lineman that should have started in place of James the last 3 years or ahead of Brian a few years back.

I thought people would be satisfied with 8 win seasons, or was that a LIE.
1st season since 2000 that Iowa was not bowl elegible does not warrant firing a Coach at Iowa, even the 2007 sesason at 6-6 Iowa was bowl elegible.
so to answer the question.. Defenitely no

8 wins at Iowa should be the low point. Iowa should be 4 and 0 to start the year almost every year with how weak the out of conference schedule usually is. Too much money and resources poured into the program to be average. IMO.

Last edited:
Kirk will have a lot of heat next season. At a minimum, he will have two more seasons. If we have two more years of mediocre football I expect a move to be made. Barta won't have a choice. Next year's team will be hard pressed to reached 5 wins. So the frustration and scrutiny is not going away anytime soon.

Of course, if Kinnick remains full every Saturday then it makes Barta's job a little easier. As with Lick, the only way a change will really be made is if fans stop showing up. Simplifying it, but that is the bottomline.

How many more threads like this do we have to endure? I'm not happy, but enough is enough of the ********. The season is over and no amount of complaining is going to change the results. Expressing them here is worthless anyway. I'm sure Barta has an email address to share your complaints with. Leave the rest of us alone.

Afterall, this is a fan messageboard! Only happy posters need apply :)

Wtf are you talking about? Iowa fans WOULD be satisfied with 8 win seasons. Unfortunately, the past three years we haven't gotten there, and we've won less games each season.

Um, 2010 was an 8 win season.

This is all the usual silliness. Read the sig!

We have one more year of 7 or fewer wins and the 3 years of 8 or more wins, then recruiting issues from this year and next will catch up.

How hard is it for people to understand that Iowa is stuck with Ferrets until 2020? THE END.

How many more threads like this do we have to endure? I'm not happy, but enough is enough of the ********. The season is over and no amount of complaining is going to change the results. Expressing them here is worthless anyway. I'm sure Barta has an email address to share your complaints with. Leave the rest of us alone.
Well once you get right down to it, every single post ever made on any Internet messageboard anywhere is "worthless" by your standards. I have never understood what attracts idiots like you to places like this. The entire reason they were created were so people can speculate about things and generally p*ss and moan. And then morons like you come around and criticize people for doing exactly what the site was created for in the first place. If you're so damn sick about reading these types of threads then GTFO. You will not be missed.

My thought, we're with KF til 2015. We'll have two more bad seasons and that will be close enough to buy him out of his contract.

Two more losing seasons and KF will have broken his constant pattern to the negative. I would expect that to be the end.

However, he still has one down year to maintain the pattern that has kept him hired and getting lucrative extensions. No reason to think that changes if the pattern continues.

I think next year will be an improving year, but sucky record. Depending on this offseason defections, KF will have us at 10 or 11 wins and in the Top 10 at some point and CC game for 2014 (or close) with promises of 2015 to be that magical, top 5, NC chasing season.

2015 and 2016 will be set up as historic. But as CAARHawk has told us a gazillion times, the tank will start to look pretty empty and KF will "bail" on us and go out on his terms at the top of his popularity...that may or may not include a provision for son BF to take the helm (which will obviously rightfully so, incite HN and fan controversy).

Whether GD is still here or not is a completely different story, with similar results either way.

I thought people would be satisfied with 8 win seasons, or was that a LIE.
1st season since 2000 that Iowa was not bowl elegible does not warrant firing a Coach at Iowa, even the 2007 sesason at 6-6 Iowa was bowl elegible.
so to answer the question.. Defenitely no

Eligible
Season
Definitely.

Bowl eligibility doesn't mean crap anymore.
This season should have been a "gimmee" as far as bowl eligibility was concerned for Iowa. We didn't get close..
Our entire coaching staff should have been fired after the Indiana game..Seriously. Iowa would have scored more points against Indiana if they would have left their coaches at home and let the cheerleaders call the plays.

BUT the program is clearly falling from the skies..literally.

I just haven't seen any evidence of this, and I'm not even sure what that would look like; perhaps on a team flight back from an away game, the cargo door would open, but past that, I'm having a hard time grasping the visual.

I think that even as loyal as Berta is to ferrets, another four year season and we may justbeatbthe buyout. I know it is large but the negativity and doom and gloom may be more costly than the buyout. One more year of this and I think it happens.

Fan sentiment is low? Compared to what? Illinois? That is low fan sentiment. Can't give away tickets. The guy has a losing B1G record in most years. What has changed? Keep coming to games and cha ching!

Actually I think it's a matter of his youngest son being at Iowa as the biggest factor. Iowa can't afford to buy him out NUMERO UNO and he's going to stay there so his youngest son gets to start at a D1 program. He's a solid family guy. I think all that aside he has an ego whether you see it in a presser or not. He is going to be hungry to do better next year and the year after. BUT the program is clearly falling from the skies..literally.

Steve is probably not going to start. I don't know anything about him as a guy, but he's nowhere near the kind of player either if his brothers were.

As I said before, as the HC goes, so goes all the coaches. Do or die time. I also agree that it is going to take more than a couple 7 win seasons for everyone to just let this go. Next year either we will see the biggest turn around in history (given who we play) or the heat will start getting cranked up. I really dont know if we only win 4 or 5 or even 6 next year, if there is enough time before the buy out to right the ship in time. The 2010 was so bad because everyone had them pegged as conf champs.
Time to man up or girl out, because the next two years means a lot to this coaching staffs future.

don't worry about you ticket as there is aleays somebody ready to buy them. but next year will not as bad as this year, and a new QB always give hope..
somebody has paid little or no attention to recruiting the last 3 years.[/QUOTE]

Quick, how many 4* 3* and 2* players has KF gotten in the past 14 years? And please include their height and weight as we know that is what determines player potential. Thanks.

Latest posts