2013: Do or Die for Ferentz

NeilDiamond

I believe KF has reached the tipping point. The man is 15 years in, is being paid almost 4M/yr., and is coming off the third consecutive year of dissapointment. 2012 was arguably the worst showing of any of his teams at 4-8. Iowa was utterly lifeless on offense under a cast-off OC that KF had just hired. Greg Davis may have just done the worst job as an OC in the history of college football. He should have been fired after the PSU game.

Fan sentiment is very low. Iowa fans are a loyal bunch, but I feel those limits have now been reached. If Iowa puts up another dog **** season like 2012, fan support will collapse and the powers that be will have to get rid of this guy. Or perhaps he will quit. 7 wins would probably be enough to save his job and even writing that I throw up in my mouth a little because that isn't good enough given the resources being poured into the program. Barta would try and sell it as "good enough" to (1) put his own *** in a better light because of that insane contract and (2) to avoid writing the payout check. In looking at the schedule and the "talent" coming back next year, I don't think they will get there. I see 5 wins as the ceiling and hopefully the end of the KF era. Wish it did not have to end like this, but just don't see anyway out of it. Iowa cannot sit tight until 2020 or even 2016 while Kirk just cashes his checks and drives the program further into the ground than he already has. Iowa has the toys to attract solid recruits and the resources to hire a top coach. It is time to do so.

I thought people would be satisfied with 8 win seasons, or was that a LIE.
1st season since 2000 that Iowa was not bowl elegible does not warrant firing a Coach at Iowa, even the 2007 sesason at 6-6 Iowa was bowl elegible.
so to answer the question.. Defenitely no

After next year's 3-9 season, we will have to see if some of you are still on the apologist bandwagon. I understand the argument that he is too expensive to get rid of, but when your revenue falls through the floor, you cannot afford not to make a change. You have to be able to sell hope to the public and its not looking good right now. Next year will be telling. I am a longtime season ticket holder and I won't renew after next year if the same BS contintues. Guessing lots of other people feel the same given that we are near the top in the country for ticket prices and are fleeced for a "donation" to even have the privilege to buy the tickets.

I thought people would be satisfied with 8 win seasons, or was that a LIE.
1st season since 2000 that Iowa was no bowl elegible does not warrant firing a Coach at Iowa, even the 2007 sesason at 6-6 Iowa was bowl elegible.
so to answer question Defenitely no

Wtf are you talking about? Iowa fans WOULD be satisfied with 8 win seasons. Unfortunately, the past three years we haven't gotten there, and we've won less games each season.

don't worry about you ticket as there is aleays somebody ready to buy them. but next year will not as bad as this year, and a new QB always give hope..
somebody has paid little or no attention to recruiting the last 3 years.

After next year's 3-9 season, we will have to see if some of you are still on the apologist bandwagon. I understand the argument that he is too expensive to get rid of, but when your revenue falls through the floor, you cannot afford not to make a change. You have to be able to sell hope to the public and its not looking good right now. Next year will be telling. I am a longtime season ticket holder and I won't renew after next year if the same BS contintues. Guessing lots of other people feel the same given that we are near the top in the country for ticket prices and are fleeced for a "donation" to even have the privilege to buy the tickets.

Not agreeing with you does not make one an apologist. You clearly show a huge lack of understanding for the situation, and that, coupled with your obvious anger at the situation makes it so the scenario you laid out grossly out of touch with reality.

Another 4-8 lifeless season will force a change. There's too much money at stake beyond any buyout. You can't continue to print money with a lousy product...unless you're the Cubs.

I think we will learn a lot this off season. Kirk will either be trying to buy time, or he will be trying to win right now. Depending on coaching changes we may be able to see what he is going for.

I'll put it this way. People will not just forget about this slide. If KF were to pull of an 8 win season or 7 win with a bowl win next year and add a win the following year, people still would not forget this slide. There just won't be that Wow look at wht he's done - as there was ca 2004. It will take multiple 10 win season to forget this slide IMO.

His legacy is tainted now. He's lost his political capital.

This is a dog crap team, with a dog crap offense. KF needs to win next year, and he needs to act now. If the Hokks can't throw past the first down marker, they'll have another year like this one. I don't know if this means trying to beg, borrow, and steal some Juco talent or what, but we need to throw the ball downfield. Teams dare us to pass (vertically).

I hope the Athletic Department sits him down and says "You need to show us what YOU are going to do to improve this team next year"

Not agreeing with you does not make one an apologist. You clearly show a huge lack of understanding for the situation, and that, coupled with your obvious anger at the situation makes it so the scenario you laid out grossly out of touch with reality.

Actually I think it's a matter of his youngest son being at Iowa as the biggest factor. Iowa can't afford to buy him out NUMERO UNO and he's going to stay there so his youngest son gets to start at a D1 program. He's a solid family guy. I think all that aside he has an ego whether you see it in a presser or not. He is going to be hungry to do better next year and the year after. BUT the program is clearly falling from the skies..literally.

How many more threads like this do we have to endure? I'm not happy, but enough is enough of the ********. The season is over and no amount of complaining is going to change the results. Expressing them here is worthless anyway. I'm sure Barta has an email address to share your complaints with. Leave the rest of us alone.

Latest posts