2013-2014 Preseason Basketball Polls List

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I will post a list of links to preseason Hoops Polls here in this first post, but when you see them you can post them in a new post and I will then copy them and pull them up...this can be a discussion thread, too, but I just wanted one place to stick all these for future reference.

CBS' Goodman Update: Still No Iowa, Notre Dame 19th
ESPN Jason King: Iowa 25th
USA Today: Iowa 16th
BeyondTheBets: Iowa 13th
Tempo-Free: Iowa 13th
BracketologyExpert.com: Iowa 29th
CBS Jeff Goodman: Not Ranked
Yahoo: Iowa in Top 25
LostLettermen.com: Iowa 19th
ESPN Analyst and former Coach Dino Gaudio: Iowa 5th
BTN's Yarnia: Iowa 4th in B1G
Mike DeCourcy: Iowa 25th
Jon Rothstein of CBS: Iowa 17th
April 17th: Lunardi's 1st Bracketology Iowa 7 Seed

Last edited:
It is nice seeing Iowa actually in the conversation again. I realize that it really means nothing in the scheme of things, as you have to prove it on the court. Yet being down so long, it is good to have other people see the same signs of optimism that we see.

I will post a list of links to preseason Hoops Polls here in this first post, but when you see them you can post them in a new post and I will then copy them and pull them up...this can be a discussion thread, too, but I just wanted one place to stick all these for future reference.

ESPN Jason King: Iowa 25th
USA Today: Iowa 16th
BeyondTheBets: Iowa 13th
Tempo-Free: Iowa 13th
BracketologyExpert.com: Iowa 29th
CBS Jeff Goodman: Not Ranked

It looks like your memo about lazy predictions went through with people picking wisconsin lower than 4th in the b1g next year. Someone should send these to activebadger so he can realize that it is everyone picking this way.

crazy how much these vary from link to link. Some have teams ranked top 15 that others leave completely out.

Dino Gaudio (no idea who that is) has Iowa 5th? As optimistic as I am about next year, that's just insane.

Missed this thread. What are the chances we sellout the Big Ten home games? I think we can come close assuming we are ranked to start conference play. Here are the attendance numbers for this years games.

15,400 Indiana
12,872 MSU
15,400 Wisconsin
13,369 PSU
15,267 Northwestern
15,400 Minnesota
11,787 Purdue
14,566 Illinois

My guess is 6 B1G sellouts.

Dino Gaudio (no idea who that is) has Iowa 5th? As optimistic as I am about next year, that's just insane.

he is a former coach at Wake Forest, does studio analysis on ESPNU. Usually I would dismiss him as a mindless dolt, but since he picked the hawks fifth for next year, Dino is my favorite espn guy.

We were a couple bounces away from a lot of better things this year...won't say good things because it was a very good year. We lose May and add 3 quality players. We should be ranked and given consideration as it pertains to the Big Ten title. I still say we're 2nd to Michigan State next year at 14-4.

It goes without saying I think we will be ranked pretty high and seeded pretty high in the NCAA. If we finish 2nd and go 14-4 these other things are a given.

Last edited:
It is very possible that we will be ranked 20-25 preseason. We made huge strides this year, and Jok and Uthoff will help on the perimeter opening thing up inside for Aaron, Woody, Mel and Meyer.....

We are on the radar for certain, remarkable after three seasons under Fran's leadership. Hope he doesn't jump to Rutgers, leaving his wife and children in Iowa City being raised in a safe, healthy environment, one of the best in America.....

:cool:

I never would have thought our defense could improve so much in 1 year. I think our 3 point shooting will improve beyond what we can possibly imagine heading into next year...and I'm talking returning players as much as the new additions.

I never would have thought our defense could improve so much in 1 year. I think our 3 point shooting will improve beyond what we can possibly imagine heading into next year...and I'm talking returning players as much as the new additions.

Should Iowa raise their field goal percentage to .452 they will (I think) be a top ten team. They were given 7 points in the top 25 coaches poll.

Latest posts