2013-2014 Preseason Basketball Polls List

I never would have thought our defense could improve so much in 1 year. I think our 3 point shooting will improve beyond what we can possibly imagine heading into next year...and I'm talking returning players as much as the new additions.

That's a bit much there ;)

I will say this; I will wager it will not be worse than this year, which was one of the worst in school history.

Here are worst 3pt shooting yrs in Iowa history:

.285 (89-312) in 1989-1990
.290 (146-503) in 2002-2003
.300 (105-350) in 1991-1992
.305 (204-668) in 2012-2013

Must improve shooting and gain athleticism to make a strong move. JO must breakthrough for at least 10 3's on the season.

I want what Gaudio is smoking!

Honestly, I don't Iowa will be THAT good, and I don't think many of you would disagree. But I think maybe he's looking at Iowa as next year's Miami. The Canes were in a similar boat this time last year, with an NIT berth and returned pretty much everything this year.

Must improve shooting and gain athleticism to make a strong move. JO must breakthrough for at least 10 3's on the season.

I think ultimately this is what keeps us from contending for a BIG title. We have good players, that I love on our team, but I don't see the athleticism to get us to the top of the league. To me where we struggled was against really athletic players (Baylor, Michigan) guards. Or against very athletic Bigs like Wichita St., and even Michigan St. (could have won those games).

I think that a healthy Gesell, and a better Clemmons helps a lot, but I don't see us being a top 5 team at all. I hope I am wrong, but I think top 20-35 team is more realistic.

Clemmons will step it up and be a surprise replacement for May.......at least I hope so. We need a guard with some explosiveness and if it's not Clemmons who is it going to be?

That's a bit much there ;)

I will say this; I will wager it will not be worse than this year, which was one of the worst in school history.

It should be pretty obvious by now that I'm "All in" when it comes to Iowa basketball. I know my glass is always 85% full but there's almost always something to support what I'm saying...even if I have to work to find it. I never would have believed our defense would improve so much so why not the 3 point shooting?

Here are worst 3pt shooting yrs in Iowa history:

.285 (89-312) in 1989-1990
.290 (146-503) in 2002-2003
.300 (105-350) in 1991-1992
.305 (204-668) in 2012-2013

Wow! We were better this year than I thought...relatively speaking. I'm feeling better about next year's shooting with each passing day. Here's a really pointless question...or is it. What was our 3 point shooting percentage the year after each of those 3 previous bad shooting years?

All these pollster/bloggers saw 16000 Iowa fans for two NIT games.

That's at least 16000 hits to their sites if Iowa is in the Top 25.

Iowa is in their Top 25.

Latest posts