2012 FB committs to date.

truehawk

So far we have 15 total committs with several still on the board. Here is a look at what we've got so far.

Kevin Buford DB 5-10/ 170lbs 2stars NR(Michigan)
Faith Ekakitie DE 6-2/ 255lbs 4stars pos.15th(Illinois)
Maurice Fleming Jr. DB 6-1/ 185lbs 3stars pos.55th(Illinois)
Jaleel Johnson DT 6-2/ 277lbs 4stars pos.13th(Illinois)
Mitch Keppy OL 6-5/ 287lbs 3stars NR(Illinois)
Connor Kornbrath K 6-6/ 208lbs 3stars pos.11th(West Virginia)
Ruben Lile ATH 6-3/ 200lbs 3stars 35th(Michigan)
Greg Mabin WR 6-2/ 190lbs 3stars NR(Florida)
Michael Malloy ATH 6-0/ 180lbs 3stars NR(Iowa)
Anthony Morgan DB 6-1/ 185lbs 3stars pos.60th(Texas)
Drew Ott DE 6-4/ 235lbs 3stars NR(Nebraska)
Laron Taylor LB 6-0/ 205lbs 2stars NR(Michigan)
Daumantas Venckus DE 6-4/ 220lbs 3stars NR(Florida)
Ryan Ward OL 6-6/ 270lbs 4stars pos.14th(Illinois)
Cameron Wilson WR 6-2/ 190lbs 3stars 78th(Ohio)

I would say not to bad considering we are starting to fill in the lines with 4star players which especially on D is what we need the most. Now i know you star gazers aren't going to be satisfied with the 3s and the 2s. But with propper coaching and development, which our staff is excellent at, can easily bridge the gap between the one star differences. Also wanted to give a nice suck it to Illinois for taking 5 of their kids 2 of which are 4star players. Just thought i'd update on old and new committs if anyone is interested.Go Hawks!

No TEs in the class thus far, very surprising for.the Hawks. Usually there are a couple, they dont neccesarily stay at TE but there is almost always a couple. Do we have any out there we are still looking at? and also is Garmon the only real RB recruit we are still going after?

No TEs in the class thus far, very surprising for.the Hawks. Usually there are a couple, they dont neccesarily stay at TE but there is almost always a couple. Do we have any out there we are still looking at? and also is Garmon the only real RB recruit we are still going after?
We are also going after Dami Ayoola who attends the high-school Ruddock went too and I think there are no tight-ends because we have 4 young ones.

heres the QB we just offered. throws a beautiful ball!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exeYEE43vV4]Cody Sokol 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

Finally figured out who this kid makes think of when he's in the pcoket and throwing the ball. PERSA!
Given the scholarship situation and the potential the Rudock is really pretty good bring a Juco guy in makes alot of sense. Sets Iowa up with 4 guys if needed next year and 2 sold guys the year after and KF can go out after Rudock's replacement who could have two years in the system by then.

Iowa loses no RB's this year, unless McCall leaves
other than Garmen we don't need 2 RB's in this class
Iowa has Akeel Lynch and Dami Ayoola interested
the need for WR has been filled as we lose McNutt
but we have Mabin and Wilson committed a 2 for 1 swap
Darbough would have been nice but he went elsewhere
Iowa lost Nielson at LB, Lambert would fill that need
and Vencus or Ott could switch to LB
DB the only loss is Prater
Fleming, Lyle, Buford and Morgan to replace him, much needed depth
Iowa has Kozan, Boehm, Diamond, O'Conner and Flint all 4*'s interested in Iowa
O'Conner a decommit from PSU
Boehm a decommit from Missouri
Flint a decommit from Auburn
those 3 have Iowa in their top 5 by some reports
Kozan still waits for a OSU offer, Diamond may now end up at Michigan or Wisconsin as they both lost a O-L to OSU if they don't try to get him 1st
QB Iowa may take a JUCO and a HS kid to fill out the roster, because of the lack of QB's

my guess Iowa takes 22 minimum
so it is my guess the last 7
2 QB's
Garmen RB Lynch RB
Lambert LB
2 O-L
1 D-L

Last edited:
Iowa loses no RB's this year, unless McCall leaves
other than Garmen we don't need 2 RB's in this class
Iowa has Akeel Lynch and Dami Ayoola interested Ayoola commited to IL and White is gone (Although White's departure is not a huge loss)
the need for WR has been filled as we lose McNutt
but we have Mabin and Wilson committed a 2 for 1 swap Also lost Grant, so 2 WR losses
Darbough would have been nice but he went elsewhere
Iowa lost Nielson at LB, Lambert would fill that need
and Vencus or Ott could switch to LB
DB the only loss is Prater Also Bernstine
Fleming, Lyle, Buford and Morgan to replace him, much needed depth
Iowa has Kozan, Boehm, Diamond, O'Conner and Flint all 4*'s interested in Iowa
O'Conner a decommit from PSU
Boehm a decommit from Missouri
Flint a decommit from Auburn
those 3 have Iowa in their top 5 by some reports
Kozan still waits for a OSU offer, Diamond may now end up at Michigan or Wisconsin as they both lost a O-L to OSU if they don't try to get him 1st
QB Iowa may take a JUCO and a HS kid to fill out the roster, because of the lack of QB's

my guess Iowa takes 22 minimum
so it is my guess the last 7
2 QB's
Garmen RB Lynch RB
Lambert LB
2 O-L
1 D-L

Couple of issues with your post. I've highlighted in red. I think WR is a need position which they are addressing, DB they have also addressed as well as depth at LB and O-line. They are also definately in the process of adding quality depth along the d-line.
My problem with the RB situation is everyone is basically the same age. McCall, Canzeri, and Bullock all played as TR FR, they have 3 years left, Johnson is a RS FR, so he has three years left, Coker has 2 years left. Meaning 5 guys on the roster, 4 of them will sit behind Coker for 2 years. I will not be surprised to have at least one maybe two of those guys transfer.

On the other hand, Dami committed to the Zooker who got fired. The new coach will probably have to recruit him all over again giving other schools a chance. I do wonder if Iowa would still be interested-we seem to be in on several other very good RBs.

On the other hand, Dami committed to the Zooker who got fired. The new coach will probably have to recruit him all over again giving other schools a chance. I do wonder if Iowa would still be interested-we seem to be in on several other very good RBs.

Yet we don't have one yet.

Latest posts