2011 tailgate appetizer thread

Drakebulldog93

Post your favorite or new favorite tailgate appetizer.

Found this one on-line, made it for dinner tonight...very, very good.

MEXICAN SPINACH DIP

8 oz cream cheese softened
10 oz package chopped spinach- thawed and well drained
16 oz jar of your favorite salsa
2 cups Mexican four cheese

Mix the first three ingredients and 1 cup of the cheese in a 8x8 inch pan or tinfoil pan and sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top. Heat on the grill (medium temp) covered in foil or the grill top down until bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or in my case pork rinds (I'm low carb'ing it)

JalaPorky Wraps

8 oz soft cream cheese (jalapeno)
8 oz sour cream
8 oz shredded cheese of your choice
6 pieces think peppered bacon (cooked and crumbled up)
a few TBSPN of bacon drippins
4 green onions sliced very thin
1 fresh jalapeno chopped into very small pieces

Mix all these ingredients and then spread mixture onto your favorite tortillas and roll up tight. Put in Fridge at least overnight. Serve sliced into 1/4 inch slices with the hottest or funkiest salsa you like or with nacho cheese dipping sauce. The pork and heat along with the cheese is awesome.

Cream cheese stuffed jalapenos, wrapped in bacon. I apologize in advance to section 136, it was me.

I just made these up last night. There is a recipe that I got on here a long time ago called Atomic Buffalo Turds which were pretty much jalepeno poppers like these but has you place a little smokey in the middle along with the cream cheese. Ummy good.

These things...the bomb...

Party Pinwheels Recipe - Allrecipes.com

19872.jpg

Those ham, pickle, and cream cheese rolls are the bomb when you're tailgating and faced. So much good random stuff to eat on Saturdays.

Those ham, pickle, and cream cheese rolls are the bomb when you're tailgating and faced. So much good random stuff to eat on Saturdays.

Yeah those are good but I prefer them made with corn beef. You can't go wrong with these! Easy. Just the right amount if salt. Just need some AE party or Mexican dip and you're good!
BFVFRI11045.JPG

If you find yourself in Burlington, IA.. you gotta stop in and get some Chicken Lips from Lips2Go. Best d*** boneless buffalo wings you'll ever have. Wanna make em yourself, here's a recipe, but they're not the same:

2 pounds voluptuous chicken breasts
2 pounds flour
1 quart buttermilk
2 tablespoons kosher salt
¼ cup black pepper
Hot Lip Sauce
Food Guru's Blue Cheese Dressing

Wash chicken thoroughly, place on a cutting board and remove any fat or skin. Cut the chicken into long strips about as thick as your thumb. Place three medium-sized bowls on the counter. Fill the first with flour, the second with buttermilk and the third with flour again. Season all three bowls with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken a few strips at a time into the flour, then the buttermilk, then the second bowl of flour. Coat the chicken well in each stage. Place the coated chicken on a cookie sheet as they are breaded and reserve until cooking.

Heat fryer oil in a large skillet, pot, Fry Daddy or outdoor cooker to 350 degrees. Fry the Lips in batches until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Place them on a platter lined with paper towels and keep warm until ready to serve.

To Serve: Dip the Lips into Hot Lip Sauce and place on a serving platter. Serve immediately with Food Guru's Blue Cheese Dressing on the side.

Hot Lip Sauce

1 pound butter
2 cups Frank's Original Hot Sauce
1 tablespoon granulated garlic

Melt the butter in a saucepan; do not allow it to boil. Pour the melted butter directly into a blender. Turn the blender on high, remembering to put the lid on first. Remove the stopper from the lid of the blender and slowly pour the hot sauce through the hole until incorporated. The sauce should be bright orange and become emulsified or slightly thick. Add the garlic and blend again for about 30 seconds. If you have any left over sauce, pour it into a jug and keep it at room temperature. Do not refrigerate. Hot Lip Sauce will keep in an airtight container for up to three days.

Or if you wanna make Chicken Lip Dip, which is pretty bad@ss also, here's that recipe:

Ingredients:
2 8 oz blocks cream cheese*
3 cans chicken (you can add more if you want more chicken chunks)
3/4 Cup Franks Hot Sauce
1 Cup Ranch Dip* (already mixed together – find it by the sour cream at the
store)
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese*

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together and bake at 350 for 30 min. or until it bubbles. I usually sprinkle some extra cheddar cheese on top during the last few minutes of baking time.

Is there anything that doesn't have cream cheese? TIA.

DT- what's your pleasure? I'll find a recipe w/o cream cheese.

Are you going to make it to Kinnick for the Oct 15th NW game? Vin will be there. That's when I plan to poison all you liberal bastards.:p;)

I burned the beans last year..or Vin and Racer would be history. All I want is another chance.

Last edited:
It looks in the picture like there some kind of meat in that thing but the recipe doesn't call it out. What kind is it please??
Thanks

Any meat would be great...ham, turkey or corned beef. Be creative. Maybe pastrami, or salami..salty is great when consuming the beverages on a gameday.

DT- what's your pleasure? I'll find a recipe w/o cream cheese.

Are you going to make it to Kinnick for the Oct 15th NW game? Vin will be there. That's when I plan to poison all you liberal bastards.:p;)

I burned the beans last year..or Vin and Racer would be history. All I want is another chance.

It would be a hoot to meet Mr. DwayneTwill in person. Dude is as sarcastic as anyone I've ever encountered, which means he's aces in my book.
DB93, prepare yourself for another 'progressive' tailgate...and by that I mean that it'll be multiple stops, not political. ;-)

Latest posts