2011 Soundoff Team: Zabel, Podolak & Miller

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I am very honored to say that I will be teamed up with Jim Zabel on Soundoff again this year, our 8th year of doing this program together...that's a real cool thing for me in and of itself..

But add in the addition of Ed Podolak to the Soundoff postgame show and it makes it even better.

1040 WHO throughout Iowa and a good piece of six states, plus online at whoradio.com, immediately following Learfield's Hawkeye Postgame program.

congratulations to you. definitely an envious position to have - especially with the ability to do it with Z and Podolak. i love soundoff.

congratulations to you. definitely an envious position to have - especially with the ability to do it with Z and Podolak. i love soundoff.

Thank you...and I was just talking with Joel McCrea the other day, the GM at Clear Channel DSM and my former boss, how I still consider this an honor to be a part of it...and with the Z...now add Podolak into it? Pretty cool.

Welcome to the 21st century where you don't have to be in studio to a radio show if you have a phone.

How many years has Z done this show from Arizona?

Three...came up a few years back and the allergens in the air darn near did him in...seriously.

Good news to hear. I love to stream WHO after games.

I also was wondering if this means Eddie isn't going to be in the booth with Dolph.

Please link the Podolak tongue in cheek article about him persevering despite hordes of negative internet posts declaring his career dead. Thanks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLzSpaEnA64]1985 #2 Michigan at #1 Iowa Jim Zabel and Ed Podolak Radio Call of Game Winning FG - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you...and I was just talking with Joel McCrea the other day, the GM at Clear Channel DSM and my former boss, how I still consider this an honor to be a part of it...and with the Z...now add Podolak into it? Pretty cool.

Absolutely and may J Zaa live to continue to contribute till he's 100 plus.

and PLUS 10000 that Eddie has joined Sound Off

and good for you that you continue the gig.

You are obviously a Hawkeye, a Homer... yet you are so well reasoned and objective and open.. to everyone...

Keep up your good work.

With three at the mike it might be easy to forget the fan's opportunitiy to voice their thoughts and opinions. Please do not lose sight of that, Jon.

That's why they call it Soundoff. That is, letting the fans speak about the game and other sports topics of the day coupled with expert feedback from the three hosts.

With three at the mike it might be easy to forget the fan's opportunitiy to voice their thoughts and opinions. Please do not lose sight of that, Jon.

That's why they call it Soundoff. That is, letting the fans speak about the game and other sports topics of the day coupled with expert feedback from the three hosts.

I am not worried about getting 'X' time on the air...I have enough outlets for that. I want the program to be technically sound and flow well, and the fans are always going to be involved...I will be picking Podolak's brain quite a bit...sort of like a kid in a candy store having that resource there to tap into...and I can see me moving into more of a facilitator's role...and having no problem with it. I am not going to set out to do x,y or z...it will just happen.

Latest posts