2011 Soundoff Team: Zabel, Podolak & Miller

Yes, Joe and I will be at the Longest Yard each Wednesday at 6 starting next week, and Z will join us on the phone.

are you guys ever going to be in the studio together, or is it going to be three guys on the phone? i can see that having to be ironed out. jim and jim is tough enough sometimes with Z not being able to hear and all of a sudden just starting to talk.

are you guys ever going to be in the studio together, or is it going to be three guys on the phone? i can see that having to be ironed out. jim and jim is tough enough sometimes with Z not being able to hear and all of a sudden just starting to talk.

there are certain aspects to this that I dont want to discuss just yet as to not steal some thunder from the folks who are in charge...but I will say the logistics and overall sound of the program will be vastly improved this year. I am going to be in studio this year, as I chose this over a few game day assignments the BTN called me about. I just feel this is more in line with what I do and the core of what I do, which is internet related.

Also, the BTN is going to carry a lot more Iowa home games this year, thus they will not need me nearly as much this year as they asked for me last year as they will have crews on the scene...the BTN didn't carry too many Iowa home games last year.

Congrats Jon and great news for Hawk fans. I ALWAYS look forward to Soundoff when I am driving home from Iowa City (as well as after road games). Always enjoy listening to your thoughts on the game. Adding Ed is a great addition. He pretty much always speaks his mind and does not sugarcoat things. Great trio!

This is in addition to his color analyst duties.

Great! And thanks for the info. Hawkeyescott's smart-aleck response to my post nothwithstanding, this is what I assumed...I was just verifying to make sure something didn't come up with Eddie that would have prevented him from doing his usual color work.

So the 90 year old guy will be the only one of the 3 amigos throwing back a cold one, then?

That just ain't right.

I am not worried about getting 'X' time on the air...I have enough outlets for that. I want the program to be technically sound and flow well, and the fans are always going to be involved...I will be picking Podolak's brain quite a bit...sort of like a kid in a candy store having that resource there to tap into...and I can see me moving into more of a facilitator's role...and having no problem with it. I am not going to set out to do x,y or z...it will just happen.

Jon, seriously...I know it's called "sound off" and all, but I'd rather hear you, JZ and Eddie sound off than I would the inevitable deluge of half-drunk, malinformed, repetitive superfans.

I guess what I'm saying is that the fewer calls you guys take from the gen pop, the better.

:D

Jon you're a homer and biased...that's why I love ya. :D

Congrats. The addition of Podolak is a great move. Can't wait to hear you guys this fall.

I was with Podolak this summer. He was pretty fragile. Was getting around with the help of a walker/wheelchair type thing. He was still in high spirits though. Great to have him on Soundoff!!! I think being back around football will help his recovery.

Congratulations Jon! I love this show and listen every time I can. You 3 will make a great team.

I love listening to this show driving home to Norwalk after the game, passes the two hrs by. The addition of Ed and his stories of the past is ganna blow my mind, it's ganna be awesome, thanks Jon!

Latest posts